Rob Howe Having it Out With Perrault...

who cares? at the crux of the matter is saying something that you don't know for absolute 100% certain to be true.

Not really...the crux of the matter is blindly and recklessly dragging someone's name through the mud. Matt was fine to say "some of the players had to know" even Rob agreed with that and asked Kirk about it at the presser...that's just common sense talking, but the second he said "Ricky Stanzi had to know" and wouldn't come down from that statement, that's d-baggery. Especially when Matt was crucifying Stanzi a few weeks ago for saying Iowa's campus was full of hippies and dudes in dresses.

Not really...the crux of the matter is blindly and recklessly dragging someone's name through the mud. Matt was fine to say "some of the players had to know" even Rob agreed with that and asked Kirk about it at the presser...that's just common sense talking, but the second he said "Ricky Stanzi had to know" and wouldn't come down from that statement, that's d-baggery. Especially when Matt was crucifying Stanzi a few weeks ago for saying Iowa's campus was full of hippies and dudes in dresses.

Agreed.

Some players had to know - acceptable

Stanzi/Clayborn/Binns/ARob had to know - muckraking

Not really...the crux of the matter is blindly and recklessly dragging someone's name through the mud. Matt was fine to say "some of the players had to know" even Rob agreed with that and asked Kirk about it at the presser...that's just common sense talking, but the second he said "Ricky Stanzi had to know" and wouldn't come down from that statement, that's d-baggery. Especially when Matt was crucifying Stanzi a few weeks ago for saying Iowa's campus was full of hippies and dudes in dresses and guys on mopeds

:D fixed it for ya Shane!

This is the problem I have with this. Why wouldn't a radio sports host be able to say that? It's an opinion. He did not say I know for a fact Stanzi knew. He said he found it hard to believe Stanzi didn't know, etc. Is he a d bag? Yes. But for reasons completely unrelated.

Foresight is 30/30. If you don't think someone using or surrounding themselves with drugs or whatever was happening could have no bearing on a football team or its success must be one of the guys majoring in pool cleaning.

I am not naive and I went to college. I could care less if some college kid smokes dope, and I chuckle every time one of them gets caught drinking underage. Not sure what people think kids do at college. But I think we can agree this went slightly above and beyond, kids being kids.

Its just a tough situation. If someone does know, which I personally find it almost impossible someone didn't, they dont want to betray your team mate, or be a rat. etc.

YOU want to be the guy to rat DJK out? YOU want to be the guy that puts his NFL career in jeopardy? YOU want to be the guy that could possibly divide a locker room (contrary to popular belief, ratting a teammate out, even if it's the 'right' thing to do, would do this)???

I know you will come back with the self-righteous BS "he did this to himself" - which is technically true. But these are the questions you'd be faced with.

You must have one hell of a spine, but I think you talk a good game and have never been inside of a locker room.

Couldn't agree more. Is MP smug and rubs people the wrong way? Sure. So don't listen. But to say its irresponsible or pot stirring to even bring up the point of how could someone not know, and when is it a line in the sand between loyalty and doing whats right by saying something.

I dont know what kind of lives or employment you folks have, but from my experiences in school and work, if one person does something fairly controversial and one person knows about it. A lot of people usually end up knowing about it. And my work is not nearly as close knit and cliquish as a college football team. Perrault had no real logical leap to say Stanzi SHOULD have known, but irresponsible to question it? Hardly.

How you can't see the irresponsibility on his part to just start throwing out names is dumbfounding to me. I have no problem having him say that "someone had to know", but to then start attaching names to it as fact is irresponsible. Furthermore, why does he even have to bring up the topic of Someone Had To Know? Dude, you got your press conference and nothing happened at least to the extent he was hoping, so now he needs to take another angle to drum up negativity.

Haha...knew I could count on you! Thanks! Any word on if those hippies and guys in dresses will be starting by mid-season?

I heard from a source that the hippies probably won't see the field next year, but the guys in dresses could possibly see some... special teams action.;)

This is the problem I have with this. Why wouldn't a radio sports host be able to say that? It's an opinion. He did not say I know for a fact Stanzi knew. He said he found it hard to believe Stanzi didn't know, etc. Is he a d bag? Yes. But for reasons completely unrelated.

"He had to have known" isn't an opinion...you're saying "he knew"...if Matt had said "The quarterback should have known what is going on with his receiver off of the field"...THAT'S an opinion and one he's definitely entitled to.

How you can't see the irresponsibility on his part to just start throwing out names is dumbfounding to me. I have no problem having him say that "someone had to know", but to then start attaching names to it as fact is irresponsible. Furthermore, why does he even have to bring up the topic of Someone Had To Know? Dude, you got your press conference and nothing happened at least to the extent he was hoping, so now he needs to take another angle to drum up negativity.

you're right. lets talk nba this not a story of note.

It's funny he called Howe out for texting him after the interview saying "F U P word" and then Matt's quote was:
"this is how tough guys react...so what, you can't fight...oh well forget it"

Ummm, dude, I'm pretty sure he was calling you a "P word" because you hung up on him. And then you have the nerve to make fun of him saying this is how tough guys react when you were the one that didn't have a response and had to cut him off?

KXNO should can him for that alone.

Just heard the podcast. Perrault made himself look juvenile. And how can either Matt or Ken say that cutting Rob Howe off wasn't intentional????? Perrault said "Cut him off! I'm done!".

Talk about a big baby.

YOU want to be the guy to rat DJK out? YOU want to be the guy that puts his NFL career in jeopardy? YOU want to be the guy that could possibly divide a locker room (contrary to popular belief, ratting a teammate out, even if it's the 'right' thing to do, would do this)???

I know you will come back with the self-righteous BS "he did this to himself" - which is technically true. But these are the questions you'd be faced with.

You must have one hell of a spine, but I think you talk a good game and have never been inside of a locker room.

How you would know I have never been in a locker room must come from the point that I disagree with you. Whatever gets you thought the night. You know nothing about me and I think its highly irresponsible to throw that at the wall and see if it sticks. :)

My point is, I would be the guy taking DJK aside and saying you want to F*** things up for yourself that's your business. But when it has the possibility to affect me or the rest of the team, yeah not going to happen. How do you think the locker room is right about now?

Front page of espn

Iowa discovers 'flaws' in drug-testing program

That's sure going to do some good for us. You want to discuss the actual topic at hand feel free, or you can waste time imagining my personal life and background.

Latest posts