Rob Howe Having it Out With Perrault...

He had a point though until he got on that tangent. Anyone that has gone to college knows that the football team is a clique. Inside of that big clique there is definitely smaller cliques but they are going to the same parties, the same bars that cater to them and I doubt that they are talking about the latest episode of The Office when they come together on Monday. They are talking about how sweet their respective parties were over the weekend if they weren't at the same party.

i went to Iowa. from what i could gather, all sports teams hang. swimmers, field hockey gals, baseball team, etc. this is not news. why wouldn't they hang?

What i loved about going to the field hockey parties (they hung with the baseball team, as i recall) is that their parties were smoke free (at the time, no smoke ban). was a nice benefit! ;)

When does the podcast go up? I only caught the end of it and would like to go back and hear the entire thing.

OMG, the speculation is ridiculous. Basically an on air message board.

The hearsay is out of control. I know a guy on the defense whos knows a guy on the wrestling team. "Rick" you are a D-Bag.

clicheuser,
There are 85 to 100 players on a team. All of those players are NOT close friends. I graduated in a class of 73 from high school and I sure didn't know what everyone was doing. A football team is no different. Some players are close others aren't.

Ive been seeing all 80+ football players hanging out together. Someone said they were practicing, but im not sure...

clicheuser,
There are 85 to 100 players on a team. All of those players are NOT close friends. I graduated in a class of 73 from high school and I sure didn't know what everyone was doing. A football team is no different. Some players are close others aren't.

yes. that is what I saw when i was at iowa and hung with some on the team. a football team is not unlike any other group of people. and this is what hurt the team a few years ago with the clique of bad seeds, or 'city boyz'.

clicheuser,

Ok but lets say that there are 20 cliques. I would think that out of those cliques that 1 person from each clique goes outside of their clique once in awhile and hangs with another clique every now and then.

Its just like high school. Theres always a jock that has a stoner friend that he was best friends with in 3rd grade and goes out to smoke a doobie with cuz he doesn't want the other jocks to know about it. Theres always a stoner that has a friend in the band clique that goes out with the stoners once in a while and vice versa. That band person has a next door neighbor in whatever clique that theyve known their entire life and is still friends with and they hang out with each others cliques every so often.

Then once in awhile there is just that rager where all of the cliques come together.

This is all contained in an area of about 20 square blocks and everyone has a cell phone. You don't have to be best buds to know what is going on in the bigger circle.

I was in the car listening to it. I about drove off the road a couple times. Hilarious stuff. I have a lot of respect for Rob and thought Matt deserved to be chopped down a bit.

I wonder how people will react to Matt's statement of "I am not a Hawkeye fan". Can't believe it will go over well living in DSM amongst so many Hawk fans.

Matt Perrault is getting exactly what he wants though and it's showing in this thread which has had 75+ posts in about an hour. He will continue to go over the top because people listen. If you don't want him on the air stop listening to him.

Latest posts