RIP Jim Zabel

There was a posts about it on the U of I official Facebook and Twitter pages last night, along with tweets by Iowa football and Iowa athletics last night. Also, the Iowa Alumni blog had a post about it this morning.

I saw the tweets but I just assumed since Jim was such a big part of the football and basketball programs that the university would say a little more than a few 140 character blurbs about him.

Someone asked who Jim Zabel was in the bar last night because he was annoyed by his facebook news feed. He was the first person I have kicked in the nuts.

Yeah, that never happened and if it had you would be an idiot for assaulting someone for no other reason than not knowing who Jim Zabel was. Most people in America don't know who Jim Zabel was, I do know and for my part I am sad for his passing and wish that you could show a little bit more decency than to use his death as an opportunity to make up a B.S. story and puff out your chest.

Yeah, that never happened and if it had you would be an idiot for assaulting someone for no other reason than not knowing who Jim Zabel was. Most people in America don't know who Jim Zabel was, I do know and for my part I am sad for his passing and wish that you could show a little bit more decency than to use his death as an opportunity to make up a B.S. story and puff out your chest.

for cryin' out loud, he was kidding.

My favorite call of all time is the LSU - Iowa CAP One Bowl. "He's got to call timeout...Tate doesn't know the clocks running..." or something like that. That was classic.

How did he do it? How did he do it? How did he do it?

[video=youtube;7n9A_3rLuKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n9A_3rLuKg[/video]

of course it's a BS story I would never kick anyone in the nuts but i did think about it. you need to lighten up.

Here's a pretty good little feature on Z with Reagan, Evy, and the game we found out we would return to the Rose Bowl for the 1st time in 20 odd years...

PM Magazine

In modern times people replay significant games in their mind visually (having watched it on TV). For a lot of us we remember some of those games of the Fry & Lute era audibly and Jim's distinctive voice and personality are all over some of the most important games in Hawk history. RIP Zabel.

Loved zabel... he frustrated me as a teenager at times - confusing me as to If it was an interception or touchdown... but yeah Z lived life the right way.

He did it right.

Latest posts