RIP Cubs...

At the end of May in 2005, the Astros were 19-32. Just sayin.
And the Braves just made up 7.5 games on the Braves in 2 weeks. :)

Now, it would only take the Cards and Reds to not score for a while (like the Phillies), but they are not quite dead yet. However, this was a tough loss.

I don't know how many of you (if any) read the article from Desipio that I posted a few weeks back. It's pretty long, but towards the beginning, there are a couple of key lines.

They hit, but they can’t score. They pitch, but they have a knack for giving up one more run than the other team. So what are they, efficient losers? Any team can get beat 11-2, it takes a different kind of brilliance to lose 3-2…all the time

And the Braves just made up 7.5 games on the Braves in 2 weeks. :)

Now, it would only take the Cards and Reds to not score for a while (like the Phillies), but they are not quite dead yet. However, this was a tough loss.

I assumed they would lose, and I lost my satellite signal anyway, and was watching season one of Breaking Bad - weird show - but to see who hit the game winning home run....you couldn't make it up if you tried.

I assumed they would lose, and I lost my satellite signal anyway, and was watching season one of Breaking Bad - weird show - but to see who hit the game winning home run....you couldn't make it up if you tried.
Weird thing is I just picked up Walker in my NL only roto league. I also have Jones. So, the 2 Pirates did well and of course beat the Cubs.

You are lucky you lost the feed. Lou visited Lilly just before the HR and left him in.

On a side note - stick with Breaking Bad. It's a different show, but it is good.

Yeah, Lilly was pre-occupied with McCutchen at first base and then left a mistake for a no namer to smoke into the left center field seats, you really couldnt make it up if you tried, and then we make Dotel look like Mariano Rivera in the 9th, Lou will be seeing the Pirates in his nightmares tonight, I just dont get it

I don't know how many of you (if any) read the article from Desipio that I posted a few weeks back. It's pretty long, but towards the beginning, there are a couple of key lines.

They hit, but they can’t score. They pitch, but they have a knack for giving up one more run than the other team. So what are they, efficient losers? Any team can get beat 11-2, it takes a different kind of brilliance to lose 3-2…all the time

That is an excellent quote and pretty much sums it all up. It's so damn frustrating.

I beat you all...I called it off the night the Cubs got swept by the Dodgers a few years back. I was done giving them any more passion or energy until they got to the NLCS at some point.

I beat you all...I called it off the night the Cubs got swept by the Dodgers a few years back. I was done giving them any more passion or energy until they got to the NLCS at some point.

We all felt that way Jon, it's not you're in an exclusive club or anything. I had considerably less interest going into 2009 than I had going into 2008.

What the hell, Jon...even when they get to the NLCS they blow it...:p

Weird thing is I just picked up Walker in my NL only roto league. I also have Jones. So, the 2 Pirates did well and of course beat the Cubs.

You are lucky you lost the feed. Lou visited Lilly just before the HR and left him in.

On a side note - stick with Breaking Bad. It's a different show, but it is good.

You'd think by this point that Lou would realize he's seen that movie twice this season, and that it ended the same way the first two times.

We all felt that way Jon, it's not you're in an exclusive club or anything. I had considerably less interest going into 2009 than I had going into 2008.

It was almost "better" back in the lovable losers days, when the Cubs won in '84 and '89 it was unexpected and cool...but when they started making the playoffs more often and still clubbing their fans like baby seals time after time, finding different ways to lose playoff series, it started to take a toll...but we STILL love 'em...and all of the heartache is going to pay off...

someday...

Latest posts