Right now the worst part of the Coker situation

If the University of Iowa is going to operate like this they should just shut the athletic dept down. This stems from the top of the food chain at the UI. Basically they have INTENTIONALLY attempted to RUIN a young man's career by suspending him for NOTHING. I'm done with this program, done with this school. It is a joke, an absolute joke.

I wouldn't send my kids to that place if it were free.

What do you mean, "if the University of Iowa is going to operate like this ..."? Operate like what? What is your criticism, exactly? Assuming that the University concluded that Coker violated the code of conduct, and suspended him from the bowl game, what basis do you have to suggest it should not have done so?

Unless your kids have deductive reasoning skills that are much better than yours, I would say you should jump at the chance to send your kids to the University of Iowa -- especially if you can get them in for free.

Right now the worst part about the situation is that he is the 5th Iowa running back to leave the program in the past three years. This is going to make recruiting running backs really tough!! Hmmmmmm.......should I go to Iowa and play for a year or two, get accussed (key word is accussed--note the article said he is NOT guilty) of something and then transfer to some D2 school or should I go play at a smaller school and not have to worry about all the drama?

I have been as big a fan as anyone of Kirk but what the heck is going on inside this program? I am seriously worried but I will never not support the team, coaches and the U of Iowa!!

GO HAWKS!

Who did the university assault?

I am talking about Coker and the KCCI report a few weeks ago that said he was a part of a criminal investigation.

There were assault rumors before that as well. Most people assumed it was McCall because it was around the time he was suspended.

I am talking about Coker and the KCCI report a few weeks ago that said he was a part of a criminal investigation.

There were assault rumors before that as well. Most people assumed it was McCall because it was around the time he was suspended.

What does that have to do with anything? I'm asking "shame on the university" for what?

As always, many of you have only one priority and that is to assign blame on someone.

You don't really care what there reason is, you don't really care what happened, you just want the information so you have someone to blame. It's the blame game and you're not happy because you don't know who to blame things on. Good grief.

Let me ask this questions. Every time you do something stupid in your life (and we all do), do you go out and make it public? Every time something in your life doesn't happen the way you thought it would, do you think your friends and neighbors are "entitled" to know all of the details? I suspected not.

The parties here can either choose to tell what they are legally allowed to tell, or they can just keep their mouth shut and not say anything. That's not your call, it's their call.

I hate to be the voice of reason here, but you aren't entitled to ANYTHING. I don't care how much you donate, how many season tickets you buy, or anything else. Nobody owes you an explanation for something that has nothing to do with you. Period. As kids say in 3rd grade, "mind your own bees wax".

Are you also up in arms about every other student at the U of I who has dropped out, transferred to another school, etc? I didn't think so. That also has nothing to do with you does it?

Some of you seriously need to get a life. Start worrying about your own problems, misgivings and errors and quit worrying about this.

As always, many of you have only one priority and that is to assign blame on someone.

You don't really care what there reason is, you don't really care what happened, you just want the information so you have someone to blame. It's the blame game and you're not happy because you don't know who to blame things on. Good grief.

Let me ask this questions. Every time you do something stupid in your life (and we all do), do you go out and make it public? Every time something in your life doesn't happen the way you thought it would, do you think your friends and neighbors are "entitled" to know all of the details? I suspected not.

The parties here can either choose to tell what they are legally allowed to tell, or they can just keep their mouth shut and not say anything. That's not your call, it's their call.

I hate to be the voice of reason here, but you aren't entitled to ANYTHING. I don't care how much you donate, how many season tickets you buy, or anything else. Nobody owes you an explanation for something that has nothing to do with you. Period. As kids say in 3rd grade, "mind your own bees wax".

Are you also up in arms about every other student at the U of I who has dropped out, transferred to another school, etc? I didn't think so. That also has nothing to do with you does it?

Some of you seriously need to get a life. Start worrying about your own problems, misgivings and errors and quit worrying about this.

This is all gibberish that I already addressed quite some time ago.
No, the UI, KF, Gary Barta don't owe me squat.
However, I do think they owe it to Marcus Coker to address the situation with enough detail to squash the endless rumors that drug one of their own thru the mud over and over. They could have released about a million statements that would have more adequately addressed and somewhat protected Marcus without compromising his or their privacy.

Or they could have addressed his status in a timely enough manner that allows him to KNOW his status before enrolling for second semester.

But hey, that's just the majority's opinion. You're entitled to your's.

Im pretty sure that is what it said, maybe not word for word but INNOCENT OF ANY CRIMINAL WRONGDOING!!

What it actually said...

However, after conferring with the Johnson County Attorney’s Office, prosecution was not pursued. Hart said the alleged victim also did not want to prosecute.

It's not surprising, but you're obviously not a lawyer.

What it actually said...

However, after conferring with the Johnson County Attorney’s Office, prosecution was not pursued. Hart said the alleged victim also did not want to prosecute.

It's not surprising, but you're obviously not a lawyer.

If you kept reading you would know that it said more than that. Read the whole article before you start making comments. I'm pretty sure most lawyers would read then reread to make sure of what they read before they made comments.

However, I do think they owe it to Marcus Coker to address the situation with enough detail to squash the endless rumors that drug one of their own thru the mud over and over. They could have released about a million statements that would have more adequately addressed and somewhat protected Marcus without compromising his or their privacy.

Or they could have addressed his status in a timely enough manner that allows him to KNOW his status before enrolling for second semester.

That's a wordy way of saying, "THEY OWE IT TO MEEE!"

If you kept reading you would know that it said more than that. Read the whole article before you start making comments. I'm pretty sure most lawyers would read then reread to make sure of what they read before they made comments.
Gotcha.

Or if Marcus was so proud of what he had done he could have just adressed it himself....

What's stopping Coker from spilling the supposedly awful truth? He's the one who can say what he's been accused of. They can't.

I'm guessing he just wants to move on. Like everyone, I would love to know what actually happened, but like anything, we will never know the whole truth I'm afraid.

Who's the next man in?

I'm beyond anger and feeling like I need answers.
And as I predicted the blind-followers are seeing the light, slowly but surely.

I've moved to the next stage, what I like to call the Alford stage.
I care about the program, but less & less all the time.
I will not be making a trip to IC this fall, unlike the past 8yrs, solely because I just don't care as much.

An observation made by Marc Morehouse about how Iowa is eerily similar to Penn St in its secretive nature continues to stick in my mind. He, nor I am saying Iowa is hiding something of that nature but anytime people are secretive, a typical response is to not trust those people. Just food for thought.

Good call....Alford is really struggling out there in New Mexico and we are rocking back here.....:rolleyes:

I visit Marc's site and he did say that. Many also said, not a good analogy. That is FOOTBALL period.....ever watched Bill Belichik or “insert coach” here……

Last edited:
The most frustrating thing of all is how Ferentz refuses to change anything. It's incredibly irritating as a lifelong Hawkeye fan. He makes $4 million per season, but continues to do the same things. There is no way anyone can take an objective look at the program, and say that it isn't declining.

Sigh.....here we go again. Same verse, same thing said on every baord at some point in time and they are usually wrong

Latest posts