Right now the worst part of the Coker situation

How can anybody definitively label this a Ferentz issue? Did you read the article? The door was wide open for him to come back. He's withdrawing on his own accord.

I'm sure KF is sitting at home right now, thinking up some good smart-a** comments for this situation. That's football, right? Your top players continue to leave year after year for no good reason...gotta execute in all phases of your life!!

I hope he is......I enjoy the irritation he causes some fans.

I actually feel this one is on the University and not Coker or the football program. That's just the type of problem that it seems like. Especially because Ferentz was displeased with the suspension and it sounded like an academic issue to begin with.

There is nothing to stop you from stating your opinion, or how this "feels" to you, but neither you nor anyone else who is implying either that the University has done something wrong, or should be handling this differently, has any basis whatsoever upon which to make that statement. I do agree with Jon that we might all like to know what caused Coker's suspension, just like we might like to know why any talented player - or any player - decides to leave the University. But we don't know, and unless Coker decides to go public, we have no right to know.

To say that this is "on the University" because it "sounded like an academic issue to begin with" absolutely makes no sense. What exactly do you think the University is obligated to maintain confidentiality about if not academic issues?

I'm as big a Hawkeye fan as any other nutcase here, but we don't all have some right to know everything about why some 20 year old kid got suspended from a bowl game then decided to leave the school. At the risk of sounding harsh - get over it.

In Kirk we trust.

Here is a life rule that has served me well and helped me be successful. When someone is routinely bitter and caustic like you, is against someone or something, then I am vigorously for it. It usually proves to be the right path…….:D

Just sayin'.............

Here is how I see it:
Coker returns we all know why he was suspended.
He transfers, the school told him that why he was suspended will not be released.

the situation reminds me of a company forcing an employee to retire.

He chose to transfer.

How can anybody definitively label this a Ferentz issue? Did you read the article? The door was wide open for him to come back. He's withdrawing on his own accord.

This. KF and Barta said the door was open for him to come back, he decided to go elsewhere instead of dealing with the issue. As for the PR issue if it is indeed a U of I suspension, KF and Barta's hands are tied and by privacy laws to PROTECT THE STUDENT they can't tell all the fans what they want to hear.

The longer the university has nothing to say, the worse this gets.

People's names and reputations are getting run through the mud right now and saying nothing just throws gas on the fire.

People deserve answers here, and individuals deserve to have their names cleared.

Especially if this is an academic issue, we don't deserve to know anything. I wouldn't want everyone to know about an academic mistake that I made. And you all shouldn't know about it.

If Coker wants his name cleared, he can go public and give his side of the story.

Shows the type of human he is, Hard route- man up run the ball go to NFL next year, make millions.
Option 2 quit....
out of all the Iowa quiters has any of them made the NFL??

There is nothing to stop you from stating your opinion, or how this "feels" to you, but neither you nor anyone else who is implying either that the University has done something wrong, or should be handling this differently, has any basis whatsoever upon which to make that statement. I do agree with Jon that we might all like to know what caused Coker's suspension, just like we might like to know why any talented player - or any player - decides to leave the University. But we don't know, and unless Coker decides to go public, we have no right to know.

To say that this is "on the University" because it "sounded like an academic issue to begin with" absolutely makes no sense. What exactly do you think the University is obligated to maintain confidentiality about if not academic issues?

I'm as big a Hawkeye fan as any other nutcase here, but we don't all have some right to know everything about why some 20 year old kid got suspended from a bowl game then decided to leave the school. At the risk of sounding harsh - get over it.

You nailed it partner....

This. KF and Barta said the door was open for him to come back, he decided to go elsewhere instead of dealing with the issue. As for the PR issue if it is indeed a U of I suspension, KF and Barta's hands are tied and by privacy laws to PROTECT THE STUDENT they can't tell all the fans what they want to hear.

But they can state that they can't comment on the issue. That's better than saying nothing at all. It's being proactive as much as the situation allows.

By that same reasoning a guy who makes 4 million a year, but can't maintain a competitive team should not deserve to keep his job. Seriously, this tough guy you have no right routine is pretty silly.

Alumni, boosters and media have a right to ask for accountability. Thinking they don't is as silly as asking for KF's head.

Wow, something has to stop to stop all the players leaving this program and in the end it falls directly on the head coach, if he can't stop it maybe it is time for somebody new, this is getting beyond crazy.

I'm beyond anger and feeling like I need answers.
And as I predicted the blind-followers are seeing the light, slowly but surely.

I've moved to the next stage, what I like to call the Alford stage.
I care about the program, but less & less all the time.
I will not be making a trip to IC this fall, unlike the past 8yrs, solely because I just don't care as much.

An observation made by Marc Morehouse about how Iowa is eerily similar to Penn St in its secretive nature continues to stick in my mind. He, nor I am saying Iowa is hiding something of that nature but anytime people are secretive, a typical response is to not trust those people. Just food for thought.

It is definitely frustrating seeing both McCall and now Coker leave the team, and not really having any idea why. I understand why the reasons haven't been released, but still...unless Garmon can come in and shine as a true frosh we may not win 4 games next season. JVB can't win on the road, and the playcalling always handcuffs the team.

Latest posts