REPORT: Kennedy & White Will Not Be Renewed

I just really hope we don't here about two grad assistants being promoted. Best chance in a while to add real talent to the coaching staff.

"So, September rolls around and I get my official scholarship letter from the University of Iowa. I’m reading it and this is the first time I see “you cannot visit other campuses.” All the recruits from Texas talked about it when we got the letter. Everyone was completely blindsided by it"

This is not factually accurate, He received his scholarship offer on August 1st not in September. So he did lie, that's why the story never held much weight to me as being 100% accurate and people had reason to call him a liar.

I had heard Eno's side of this, but tonight is the first time I have heard anyone with credibility(Jon Miller) state with certainty that it was true. That floors me a little as I sort of brushed it off when I read it earlier this year.

Here is the question that comes to mind and maybe Jon can answer this in some way...how uncomfortable was this staff throughout the season and did these two guys know the ax was coming back in the early part of the season when it came to light?

I have coached on a couple of small college staffs...one of which was led by a coach who is now a coordinator at one of the Big Ten teams. We would have staff meetings, defensive meetings, and offensive meetings. All of which could get very stressful and guys would get pissed because they were passionate about what they believed in and there might be tons of yelling. However we always agreed at the end of the meeting that we were on the same page and there were no hard feelings because we all felt we were in it together.

I cannot imagine how pissed our head coach would have been if this had happened and how it might have divided our staff. I cannot imagine how stressful the hours, days, and weeks would be if our head coach had found out that 2 of us had done this. I guess I'm just interested to know whether Ferentz waited until now to deal with it, or if he told them at the time "Do your job and after the season pack your crap and leave"? Just blows my mind to think of the staff dynamic going on with this.

"So, September rolls around and I get my official scholarship letter from the University of Iowa. I’m reading it and this is the first time I see “you cannot visit other campuses.” All the recruits from Texas talked about it when we got the letter. Everyone was completely blindsided by it"

This is not factually accurate, He received his scholarship offer on August 1st not in September. So he did lie, that's why the story never held much weight to me as being 100% accurate and people had reason to call him a liar.
OMG. Schools aren't allowed to give a "written" scholarship offer until that date, hence why all the Texas recruits talked about it at the same time.

OMG. Schools aren't allowed to give a "written" scholarship offer until that date, hence why all the Texas recruits talked about it at the same time.
You are also false. Iowa sends a written offer on August 1 just like every other college.

If you can read, check out the first sentence. Check Tristan's twitter page (his is pinned right at the top) and several other commits most have this displayed (not everyone). Eno got this same thing, stop being an apologist for some kid who just wanted to go elsewhere and you can't get over it. Dude lied point blank there's no way around it. The coaches stuff we have no idea about, but this part is 100% fact he lied about getting his offer in September and having no idea till then. Matt Hankins must not have been on Eno's text group chat is the next excuse..

upload_2017-1-11_22-19-0.png

Here is the question that comes to mind and maybe Jon can answer this in some way...how uncomfortable was this staff throughout the season and did these two guys know the ax was coming back in the early part of the season when it came to light?.

It didn't 'come to light' internally until the week of the Nebraska game, when Eno posted his item.

You are also false. Iowa sends a written offer on August 1 just like every other college.

If you can read, check out the first sentence. Check Tristan's twitter page (his is pinned right at the top) and several other commits most have this displayed (not everyone). Eno got this same thing, stop being an apologist for some kid who just wanted to go elsewhere and you can't get over it. Dude lied point blank there's no way around it. The coaches stuff we have no idea about, but this part is 100% fact he lied about getting his offer in September and having no idea till then. Matt Hankins must not have been on Eno's text group chat is the next excuse..

View attachment 2525
You're grasping at straws.

This sounds like Kirk settling family business and taking back complete control with his son as his 2nd in command.

Are you saying Brian's the second Sith?? (Kidding!)

Agree with all who say White didn't deserve this base on production. He must have pissed off Kirk.

You're grasping at straws.

I think Eno did some things wrong as well. He knew at least since August that visits were a big deal, when he said he didn't. He also said he talked to KF and KF told him to take his other visits He then told KF that he would communicate better. He said a few days after that he decided to take his other visits, BUT NEVER TOLD KF YET AGAIN. This is what seems so odd to me, and doesn't ring true. Why tell only the 2 recruiters just days after a major brush up where you take the fall for them? Only a few days after you tell KF you will communicate better, you only inform 2 guys who sold you out days earlier, why didn't get contract KF to tell him?

Ultimately maybe he is just a 18 year old kid and doesn't know enough about the world yet to understand the situation, and wrongly trusted the 2 recruiters again. I find this somewhat hard to believe, but it could have happened. Either way it cost him his shot at Iowa, as after the ASU visit, KF said enough is enough, I'm not dealing with any of this crap and pulled the offer, and later whacked the assistant coaches.

I was probably one who was too harsh on Eno. I just didn't believe that adults would act in the fashion Eno claimed. I did try to make it clear that I wasn't calling him a liar, but many on here claimed that is what I was doing if I didn't believe his version of events 100%. I will say that I still don't entirely believe what Eno claimed, but at the same time the 2 assistants were saying/doing things that are inexcusable. If 1/2 of what Eno claimed is true, I am happy that those two are no longer members of the staff.

I said back when Eno's name was being dragged through the mud, there was more to the story. I didn't feel comfortable putting anything out there because it really was a he-said, he-said situation. I followed this story throughout most of the season but never wrote anything because it was very hard to gauge who was telling the truth. I can tell you that Eno bit his tongue for a long time as other news outlets in our market called him a liar, basically making public Iowa's side of the story at the time.

We had Eno's letter before anyone else and chose not to run it as I didn't think it was fair to Kennedy and White because they can't speak about the goings on with a recruit until he signs a letter of intent. Essentially, we were getting one side of the story. I had my assumptions and tended to believe the kid because of various information and evidence I gathered throughout the process but after Jon and I discussed it for days, we did not feel comfortable running it without Iowa being able to respond. If I had to do it over again, I would do the same thing. The push in today's media is to be first. We wanted to be thorough.

Scout went ahead and ran the letter. Before it ran, other members of the Iowa staff already new it was coming out. I do know that for obvious reasons. White and Kennedy weren't given a heads up and were presented with the accusations before Eno went public.

Eno has now signed and enrolled ASU. White and Kennedy are reportedly gone. Are the two connected? I'lll let you guys be the judge of that.

Line and Wadley made him look good...possibly.

Yeah, just like Mike Martz, Kurt Warner, and the receivers made Dick Vermeil look great and a Super Bowl winning head coach. That is the way it works.

I think White is probably a really good coach who got caught up in political and ego stuff.

I had heard Eno's side of this, but tonight is the first time I have heard anyone with credibility(Jon Miller) state with certainty that it was true. That floors me a little as I sort of brushed it off when I read it earlier this year.

Here is the question that comes to mind and maybe Jon can answer this in some way...how uncomfortable was this staff throughout the season and did these two guys know the ax was coming back in the early part of the season when it came to light?

I have coached on a couple of small college staffs...one of which was led by a coach who is now a coordinator at one of the Big Ten teams. We would have staff meetings, defensive meetings, and offensive meetings. All of which could get very stressful and guys would get pissed because they were passionate about what they believed in and there might be tons of yelling. However we always agreed at the end of the meeting that we were on the same page and there were no hard feelings because we all felt we were in it together.

I cannot imagine how pissed our head coach would have been if this had happened and how it might have divided our staff. I cannot imagine how stressful the hours, days, and weeks would be if our head coach had found out that 2 of us had done this. I guess I'm just interested to know whether Ferentz waited until now to deal with it, or if he told them at the time "Do your job and after the season pack your crap and leave"? Just blows my mind to think of the staff dynamic going on with this.
Exactly what I was thinking.

View attachment 2525
Dude, it's called an unofficial offer. This is just like commits, where it's not official until they sign the LOI, but can be "committed" for long before that. You are grasping at evidence that just isn't there.

Latest posts