REPORT: Kennedy & White Will Not Be Renewed

He was allegedly a part of the Eno back channel conversations...

Main character...as in, 'Hey, Iowa just had two 1,000 yard backs for the first time ever and they may not be renewing the contract of the RB coach? That seems kind of odd, must be something going on behind the scenes we don't know about' main character

Main character...as in, 'Hey, Iowa just had two 1,000 yard backs for the first time ever and they may not be renewing the contract of the RB coach? That seems kind of odd, must be something going on behind the scenes we don't know about' main character

I was talking solely about the visits conversation with Eno. I am assuming a conversation like that means that the BF promotion has been in the works? So is there confirmation of that and a conversation like that actually taking place with Eno?

The kid showed a lot more character than I would have at that age if I had hundreds of people (and some articles) calling me a liar or saying I lied....when I did not do that.

I would agree. Never once did I see him bash the coaches or HawkeyeNation. Even after the decomit he would retweet Hawk fans if it was a positive comment

The kid showed a lot more character than I would have at that age if I had hundreds of people (and some articles) calling me a liar or saying I lied....when I did not do that.

Yes I will give you that. He did. If the coaches did as stated that was BS and he handled it better than I would have for sure. I am cool with the kid not coming as its his choice. I just believe no one knows what we lost for sure. How many other teams in the country would take Wadley if they could now? I'd say most.

The WRs were better under him than what we've had since he left.

The system was different too though. It's difficult to tell where the fault lies, but Greg Davis' system certainly didn't placate to WR's racking up a bunch of yards. KOK at least had a solid play action piece to his offense that, at least in the good years, often resulted in big plays. There were very few big plays in the Davis era.

I think it's a good sign they are cleaning house and starting over on the offensive side. Clearly it's needed. Obviously they are scrapping the entire Greg Davis system. Time to bring in some new blood and put a better game plan together with some coaches who can all be on the same page. I would certainly hope that Brian uses his connections in NE and with Bill O'brien in order to design whatever offensive style he's going to try to implement. What they do fits in perfectly with what Iowa does, and it still requires a power run game. It's just much more creative in the passing attack.

The WRs were better under him than what we've had since he left.

I can't tell you how many people I know, who regularly attended practices during EC's time at Iowa, who came away less than impressed, let's just say. And some of these people were former players.

These moves pretty much just solidifies the rumors... White had no reason to be shown the door against his will due to performance... And I don't think he'll be gobbled up at a gig as good or better (It'll be interesting to see if/when/where either of these two guys resurface) Kennedy should have been shown the door regardless of this nonsense. I don't care the reason why at this point for him though I'm just glad the whole offense will pretty much be getting a makeover. Hope they make the best of it.

Couldn't agree more. In todays social media world.... Pff. You can call me a lot of things and I'd brush it off. Call me a liar when I'm not and I'll rebuff that from whatever mountain top of a forum I could. He didn't do that right away either he let that fester awhile before he put that letter out there. Tough deal wish he didn't have to go through all that. If KF would have kept those guys on the staff next yr now that'd have been bad....

Wait, I am missing something. What exactly did White do to get fired?

Because both special teams and the RB's got better under his watch.
Here's what happened.

Ferentz has a no visits policy. Eno wanted to go on visits.

Kennedy and White told him if he goes to keep it quiet and not say anything.

Obviously the media and twitterverse found out about it and it got back to Kirk.

Eno and Kirk talked on the phone and Eno took the blame to try and cover for Kennedy and White. His offer was already pulled so he had nothing to lose (but his reputation, which is important later in the saga).

It ended up backfiring when Eno eventually stopped accepting being called a liar, and Ferentz canned White and Kennedy because they betrayed his trust.

As far as former players not being impressed with Soup, that's fine, I take Jon at his word. But what about former players critical of Kirk? During this off-season (like many) several players will leave the program. I'm sure some of them would privately be critical of Kirk. Would their opinions be as valid as those who critique Soup?

Latest posts