REPORT: Kennedy & White Will Not Be Renewed

I said back when Eno's name was being dragged through the mud, there was more to the story. I didn't feel comfortable putting anything out there because it really was a he-said, he-said situation. I followed this story throughout most of the season but never wrote anything because it was very hard to gauge who was telling the truth. I can tell you that Eno bit his tongue for a long time as other news outlets in our market called him a liar, basically making public Iowa's side of the story at the time.

We had Eno's letter before anyone else and chose not to run it as I didn't think it was fair to Kennedy and White because they can't speak about the goings on with a recruit until he signs a letter of intent. Essentially, we were getting one side of the story. I had my assumptions and tended to believe the kid because of various information and evidence I gathered throughout the process but after Jon and I discussed it for days, we did not feel comfortable running it without Iowa being able to respond. If I had to do it over again, I would do the same thing. The push in today's media is to be first. We wanted to be thorough.

Scout went ahead and ran the letter. Before it ran, other members of the Iowa staff already new it was coming out. I do know that for obvious reasons. White and Kennedy weren't given a heads up and were presented with the accusations before Eno went public.

Eno has now signed and enrolled ASU. White and Kennedy are reportedly gone. Are the two connected? I'lll let you guys be the judge of that.
Some would like to think that Kennedy was gone alongside Davis due to their connection not to mention performance almost regardless of this.. White on the other hand I can't see a reason why he'd be let go like this otherwise... So there's no benefit of the doubt anymore. Of course it's due to the Eno debacle. It'll be interesting to see where they pop up again. What demand would there be for assistant coaches caught lying to their bosses?

Maybe something to be said about being familiar with the culture associated with the Iowa program with Kennedy, Davis, & White now gone (no Iowa ties) and K. Ferentz, B. Ferentz, R. Morgan, L. Woods, and S. Wallace (Iowa ties) still present and accounted for.

Kirk ventured outside the circle and got reminded I guess. Be interesting to see how many from the circle might be in the upcoming hires.

Kirk ventured outside the circle and got reminded I guess. Be interesting to see how many from the circle might be in the upcoming hires.

Yes, this is why I have been saying the circle of trust is probably going to shrink with these next hires...ppl he has known for a long time, or played for him, etc

Most here know that I'm not a big Kirk fan, but in retrospect, Kirk might have been 'slightly' portrayed in an unfair light as well. It's still his ship, though. He is responsible for it. At least it looks like he's trying to fix the issue, albeit with a familial push... :)
I love how we have another Eno thread here, disguised as something else.
Eno transfers to Iowa next year. Book it.
Can we please stop talking about Eno? Dude made a great choice for the next three or four years of his life, but a terrible long term decision. He has NO shot at making the league from ASU and he'll average 2-3 yards per game in a conference nobody cares about. Eno who???

Can we please stop talking about Eno? Dude made a great choice for the next three or four years of his life, but a terrible long term decision. He has NO shot at making the league from ASU and he'll average 2-3 yards per game in a conference nobody cares about. Eno who???
There's no possible way for you to know that.

There's no possible way for you to know that.
And it's my opinion that the kid probably doesn't give two rips about playing football beyond college -- he made his decision because the girls are hot and the weathers great. Looking at his offer list, you can't possibly tell me he made his choice based upon program performance or academics. Glad he didn't come here and wish him well, but let's stop talking about him.

As far as former players not being impressed with Soup, that's fine, I take Jon at his word. But what about former players critical of Kirk? During this off-season (like many) several players will leave the program. I'm sure some of them would privately be critical of Kirk. Would their opinions be as valid as those who critique Soup?

I'll say this: downfield blocking by the WRs improved leaps and bounds under Campbell. Then again, the fact we "notice" that pretty much tells us all we need to know.

I had heard Eno's side of this, but tonight is the first time I have heard anyone with credibility(Jon Miller) state with certainty that it was true. That floors me a little as I sort of brushed it off when I read it earlier this year.

Here is the question that comes to mind and maybe Jon can answer this in some way...how uncomfortable was this staff throughout the season and did these two guys know the ax was coming back in the early part of the season when it came to light?

I have coached on a couple of small college staffs...one of which was led by a coach who is now a coordinator at one of the Big Ten teams. We would have staff meetings, defensive meetings, and offensive meetings. All of which could get very stressful and guys would get pissed because they were passionate about what they believed in and there might be tons of yelling. However we always agreed at the end of the meeting that we were on the same page and there were no hard feelings because we all felt we were in it together.

I cannot imagine how pissed our head coach would have been if this had happened and how it might have divided our staff. I cannot imagine how stressful the hours, days, and weeks would be if our head coach had found out that 2 of us had done this. I guess I'm just interested to know whether Ferentz waited until now to deal with it, or if he told them at the time "Do your job and after the season pack your crap and leave"? Just blows my mind to think of the staff dynamic going on with this.

Interesting points.

One scenario could be KF telling them the "Do your job..." thing. It must have been awkward during the season. But if he KF isn't "ranking" on them to other schools/teams to make future employment difficult, they have no complaints.

Lord knows he certainly could have canned them immediately and made things miserable for them, including "with cause" stuff so they get little to no buyout money. That could have ripped the whole team apart during the season. And it could have huge negative impact on the future employment of either or both assistants.

A tough call for KF, Barta, et. al. IMO, they did a pretty solid job in handling it.

Dude, it's called an unofficial offer. This is just like commits, where it's not official until they sign the LOI, but can be "committed" for long before that. You are grasping at evidence that just isn't there.

Here's the process since its very difficult for some reason, school makes verbal offer whenever. Player can accept at that point if they want. If they accept it doesn't mean anything for you or school. August 1 school makes written offer, this tells you what the school is "offering" (i.e tuition, room/board, and/or cost of living) this allows the player to know exactly what they get should they sign their letter of intent on Feb 1. A letter of intent is the only binding document in this whole process.

Oh and if you want to read more (this is from last year but the dates for things don't change unless the NCAA changes them)
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...84945/ncaa-football-scholarship-offer-letters

The kid got the letter and graphic to put on twitter or wherever, that's been my whole point. And it was on August 1 not sometime in September as he said in his letter to the media. I don't know why its impossible to understand that. I could careless if he came to Iowa or not.

Here's the process since its very difficult for some reason, school makes verbal offer whenever. Player can accept at that point if they want. If they accept it doesn't mean anything for you or school. August 1 school makes written offer, this tells you what the school is "offering" (i.e tuition, room/board, and/or cost of living) this allows the player to know exactly what they get should they sign their letter of intent on Feb 1. A letter of intent is the only binding document in this whole process.

Oh and if you want to read more (this is from last year but the dates for things don't change unless the NCAA changes them)
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...84945/ncaa-football-scholarship-offer-letters

The kid got the letter and graphic to put on twitter or wherever, that's been my whole point. And it was on August 1 not sometime in September as he said in his letter to the media. I don't know why its impossible to understand that. I could careless if he came to Iowa or not.
87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg

Are you really this silly? If the kid is good enough it won't matter where he goes....you saying stupid like this is being childish AT best

Everyone posted their letters on twitter the day they got them so it's no secret when Eno got his. If your dates are correct, it more than likely means Eno wrote the wrong month accidentally or something like that. He isn't going to take the time to write that letter, just to lie about dates that everyone will know right away is a lie.

Are you really this silly? If the kid is good enough it won't matter where he goes....you saying stupid like this is being childish AT best
Tell me again how you know "he's good enough"? Their line isn't good and they haven't been a very good running team. Your measurables at the combine only account for so much.

Latest posts