Report: B1G Cancels Fall Football Season

When I review what transpired I do not think the B10 conference handled this very well, but I have to take into consideration the leadership at each of the states that have a B10 team. In the end I feel political pressure affected the decision. Illinois has restricted activities much greater than Iowa and Nebraska. Minnesota is a whole another story with compound problems. I generally feel that the decision to cancel was based on avoiding a situation where Illinois and Northwestern would not be allowed to play when some members could. The conference won't say it, but I think it is a big factor.

I have an interesting situation with two sons; one an epidemiologist and one that does financial risk analysis. The risk analyst and his associates believe that a football team put in a "bubble", playing and practicing are less likely to catch covid 19 than the opposite setting of being free to roam among the general population. The epidemiologist looks at the models and sees a second wave coming in the fall and attempting to control 20 year olds in a bubble is unlikely. I guess we will out who is right.

Dumbasses at the Iowa Athletic/Marketing offices are breathing a sigh of relief:

First they don't have a plan, beat the usual season-ticket drums, then sell 40K.

Ooops.....social distancing what? Oh, so now only 15K gonna sit.

Who's gonna get screwed......all a moot point now. Here's your refund...everyone!

Oh wait, maybe we'll have some sort of Spring season gameplan. Better hurry, only six months left get it together.

Latest posts