Report: B1G Cancels Fall Football Season

The Big Ten West has only been in existence sine 2014.

Does that includes Legends and Leaders which started in 2011? Legends and Leaders is same more or less by a team here or there as the East and the West.

And just take the West teams records in 2009 and 2010 as a recency effect. Dont be so anal and exact and I wont be either.

Does that includes Legends and Leaders which started in 2011? Legends and Leaders is same more or less by a team here or there as the East and the West.

And just take the West teams records in 2009 and 2010 as a recency effect. Dont be so anal and exact and I wont be either.
What you do anally is your own business.

Does your wife know about this?

ND in ACC for football last year or now? really??

They joined in everything but football and hockey in 2012 and had agreed to play 5 or 6 games annually against the ACC since. However due, to the pandemic it was agreed upon last week that they are giving up their independent status and playing in the ACC this year"

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/notre-dame-opens-acc-play-duke-play-navy-72214678

You know how it works. Keep your independent status when it benefits only ND but jump on the ACC's coattails when there's fear there won't be enough games on the schedule and it benefit them. This is the exact reason that I have absolutely no respect for ND as a program and wish they'd never again play a team from the Big Ten.

They're no different then Nebraska with the exception of the CBS deal. They're nothing but brand names that had past success thinking they're superior and can do as they please. It's the exact reason the Big 10 was 100% right to tell Nebby that if they went rogue they would not becoming back.

This. Put forty people on a crew team, point at the boat, and say... There. Go row it. Enjoy your scholarship. Without football, these other sports gotta go.

It would cost peanuts comparatively to run a few women’s programs meagerly to match football and MBB numbers.

A big question before this announcement and the big question now is how many time can BTN network replay the 1997 Ohio St vs Michigan football game. It is on all the time.

I hope they do rerun a lot of games this fall and I hope they give all the teams plenty of views.

I think that really puts things into perspective. We can say all we want about the fatality rate of covid-19, but the fact is there are a number of underlying conditions and long term affects that have been traced back to this virus. There's still so much to learn about the long term effects of the virus that need to be examined rather than simply focusing on the fatality rate. While I hate the fact that the power conferences are split down the middle on whether its safe to play or not, I definitely don't blame either side. There's a lot of unknowns that still have to be taken into consideration.

Yeah so I have a problem with Mrs. Walker's post being used to rationalize a horrible decision. It's heartwarming, it puts things into perspective. It feels good. I get all that. But the SEC and ACC have been aware of this for months and have actually been testing for Myocarditis for months and have determined there is very little risk. Myocarditis can also be caused by any virus, including the flu, and that is not a new revelation. I know that we are not supposed to go there comparing this virus to the flu, goodness knows we cannot upset the coronabros narratives.

If Myocarditis is such a dire problem, then why did the Big Ten just pull it out as a rationale now when the other conferences have been aware and testing for it for months? What do they know that the Big Ten does not? What information does the Big Ten know that the other conferences do not that made them go from putting out a schedule one week to cancelling the season the next? How is it that with 5 or 6 months to work and armed with the highest number of highly respected university medical centers of any conference in America the Big Ten came to this decision? How can they with a straight face tell us there are too many unknowns when we have actually learned a ton in the last 6 months? Apparently the ACC and SEC and their medical advisors have learned alot and appear to be forging ahead.

If the other conferences have a season and the Big Ten does not, it is game over for years. There would be no point to having a BTN, no point to having 100 hawkeye-centric websites covering every minute of one or 2 sports. So when some say the ACC and SEC don't "understand the risks", my answer to that is...neither does the Big Ten.

Read on another board that Barta told all athletic department coaches and staff that Iowa's expected revenue before all this for 20/21 year was $138 million and now it's expected to be just $13 million.

Read on another board that Barta told all athletic department coaches and staff that Iowa's expected revenue before all this for 20/21 year was $138 million and now it's expected to be just $13 million.

Guh. Guess I was right when I said they should have slashed salaries by a much greater amount. $13 million seems low to me, assuming BTN keeps fleecing people. But I guess if it is just BTN money and a handful of donations, maybe that is right. Does the university at large get the licensing money from apparel and stuff like that?

This feels really weird.

B1G and PAC-12 seem adamant about not playing this fall. Just as committed as the other three P5 are to playing.

Either someone blinks or the ACC, SEC and Big12 are about to cause major embarrassment and IMHO do tremendous damage to the B1G.

Is there anyway the B1G and PAC-12 change their minds? Or come up a revised schedule — say starting later in the fall and finishing late December, early January?

This virus sucks.

Latest posts