Report: B1G Cancels Fall Football Season

We’re in the big gamble now. Big12, ACC and SEC say they’re moving forward, at least for now. One of those flips, the others will cave. If all three hold, ummmm.... B1G prexies will look either very courageous or like huge cowards by the end of the week.

Last edited:
I think the B1G tried to get everyone on board to jointly cancel so they don't look like knucklefucks if there isn't unanimous cancellation. The SEC sharks are going to smell blood in the water. Just like on May 12 when I was 50/50 on the SEC, I remain at that level today. This could be a dagger to kill OSU. If the B1G and PAC don't play, but you still have the SEC on, they will land like 90% of the top recruits. The NCAA is a cartel, just like OPEC, and cartel members are more than willing to stab other members in the back if it is for their own personal benefit. The South is pretty much open for business and I don't think they have the risk aversion the Yankees have.

yep, the south sure has been open for business in more ways than one. their leaders can F up a cloudless 72 degree day with a light breeze

Last edited:
Welp, time to move on to the next priorities, which are (a) replacing Kirk Ferentz and (b) cutting lots of non-revenue sports. (a) is a no-brainer. The only thing left to talk about for the next year is how racist KF is? Hard pass. Pay him off to "retire" and find someone much younger to take over the program. And so is (b). With no FB and BB money, there's no reason to keep all of these programs that the athletes' parents won't even watch. End them now, let those students get on with their lives, and decide what's worth keeping.

You don’t understand Title 9 do you?

I didnt read through the entire thread, so if this has been asked, excuse me.

If the Big 12 continues, could we see Iowa and Nebby playing a season in that conference? I have already seen a story about tOSU and the SEC.

That would be fun playing OU and Texas.

I didnt read through the entire thread, so if this has been asked, excuse me.

If the Big 12 continues, could we see Iowa and Nebby playing a season in that conference? I have already seen a story about tOSU and the SEC.

That would be fun playing OU and Texas.

That is probably all it was is a story about tOSU playing SEC as how would the SEC move them into their schedule as well as breaching their Big 10 contracts. I cant imagine this happening

I know this is aimed at Nebby but Ferentz was quoted somewhere today saying something similar — that he hoped they still could find a way to play this fall — but without being so chest-puffing belligerent.

The best thing to come out of this is if little red actually gets kicked from the BIG. They contribute nothing to the conference.

The best thing to come out of this is if little red actually gets kicked from the BIG. They contribute nothing to the conference.

I disagree, they contribute "quality" wins to other conference teams over a team the media always thinks is a powerhouse.......

I disagree, they contribute "quality" wins to other conference teams over a team the media always thinks is a powerhouse.......

Yep. Their history, prestige and fans travelling for bowl games are the only reasons they are in the conference. They don't meet state population metrics and they don't check any boxes on the academic side. The B1G West is already among the shittiest divisions in football and if you took out Nebraska it would be the worst bar none. Iowa and Minnesota have decent history if you go waaaaaay back, but Nebraska is the only team that has recent success.

Yep. Their history, prestige and fans travelling for bowl games are the only reasons they are in the conference. They don't meet state population metrics and they don't check any boxes on the academic side. The B1G West is already among the shittiest divisions in football and if you took out Nebraska it would be the worst bar none. Iowa and Minnesota have decent history if you go waaaaaay back, but Nebraska is the only team that has recent success.

It works for me to delete Wisconsin from all of our memories

Dump Nebby and get N Dame. I think this autumn will open N Dame's eyes to value of being in a very good conference with great, close by matchups.

The big west has decent to better success the last 10 years from 2009 mainly with Iowa and Wisky. but for Nebby , By success you mean a couple of Natty Champs 20 years ago??? I would say there are a ton of P5 teams that would like Iowa's success since 2001, being four times iirc end of season top ten, more times season end in top 25, an undefeated season, and some really good bowl wins.

Let's see, Colorado, Oregon St, Wazoo, Pitt, Syracuse, the Carolina schools, some texas schools, Okie St, a bunch of teams behind Iowa's last 20 years and would like Iowa's success. And now Nebby behind/even with Iowa the last 10 years.

They haven't won a conference title for over 20 years. How recent we talking here?

From the way I read it, it doesn't sound like they'd be kicked. Sounds more to me like Frost put his foot in his mouth, Warren gave him the options, and put the ball back in Nebraskas court. Didn't seem like Warren threatened to kick him, but rather offered him walking papers if they decided to go rogue.

Frost is a big boy so I'm sure he'd never open his mouth without clearly thinking something through. He issued his statement now its time to follow through and in the event they decide to go rogue I'm sure the Missouri Valley Conference is looking for an average at best team to come in and continue to be irrelevant after getting curb stomped by the SEC, BIG 12, or ACC for a year.

Latest posts