Report: B1G Cancels Fall Football Season

Put down the Stroh’s, Francis. Christ almighty it’s not even noon on a Monday and you’re half drunk.

My “awesome football?”

that was a large collective "you", all or most of us big fans. i will really miss the season.

i hope they can have an 8 game big 10 only season late winter to spring, mid march to mid May. and turn around and go into 2021 season.

My leaf removal is gonna be more timely this fall, that’s for sure. I can do it on Saturday, but I’ll probably still run my leaf blower all day Sunday too, to piss off the religious wackos in my town.

my mom always told us not to make much outside racket until about 11 am on Sundays so u go ahead and fire up all your equipment at about 8 am.

hell run a big ass gas generator even if u dont need to and take the muffler off

Sad, but probably the right call. Maybe a spring season can be arranged. Also, maybe basketball, at least BT only, started Jan. 1?

Lots of people saying early on how stupid of a suggestion it was that there wouldn’t be sports this coming fall.

Yeah, I 'member, it was like the first or second week of May. I said 0% chance the PAC would play and under 10% the B1G would play. I think I said sub 50% on SEC, but that if anyone played it would be them. This whole slow rolling the news shit is because the SEC still wants to play.

Funny thing is they aren't following any science. Anyone know if Barta backed the pussies? He probably did. This is so stupidly tragic my mind is numb. And please don't give me "what about the kids safety...". If that's the case you cannot argue that we should outlaw tackling as well.

My leaf removal is gonna be more timely this fall, that’s for sure. I can do it on Saturday, but I’ll probably still run my leaf blower all day Sunday too, to piss off the religious wackos in my town.

You guys doing fall baseball up there? Our league starts the day after Labor Day and the coach from last year said if Clemson and the SEC don't play they are going to add Saturday games to try to mitigate the skill diminution from the spring ball shutdown. Maybe you can ump some games or something.

I'm really proud of the Big Ten. They put the health of the unpaid players ahead of the almighty dollar.

Not so proud of Iowa....apparently they were one of two schools out of 14 that voted to have a season. Nebraska was the other.

I predicted that there would be a season, but I really thought it would only be six games (division foes only). How wrong I was.

Also, saying it right now so everyone doesn’t get all surprised and bent out of shape in three months...

Ain’t no basketball happenin’ this year neither.
I agree. I don't see all that much changing in our pandemic world until there is a vaccine and it will be at least after the first of the year until we have one, IMO. Could be later. And even then you need to distribute it, decide who gets it first, etc. etc.

You guys doing fall baseball up there? Our league starts the day after Labor Day and the coach from last year said if Clemson and the SEC don't play they are going to add Saturday games to try to mitigate the skill diminution from the spring ball shutdown. Maybe you can ump some games or something.
Iowa plays summer baseball still. I could get some fall legion games in SD, but those towns are right on the edge distance-wise of making it pay. There are some fall games in Minnesota that are closer, but they’ve already canceled football and I’d imagine they’ll do the same with baseball

Last edited:
Here's our running story: LINK

Just added this Kallenberger Tweet to it.

Hey, Mark, sorry to break it to you, pal, but we’ve all been lab rats in this cluster-f: stay home, lock your older loved ones in their retirement center or nursing home rooms, stick China Virus patients in with them, don’t wear a mask, do wear a mask, socially distance, cough or sneeze into your elbow or arm pit (I still haven’t mastered that one), avoid each other, obsessively wash your hands, crash the economy with lockdowns, lost jobs and slowdowns. FFFFF.....!!!!

Now, the test: who do you trust? What directives/orders are you prepared to follow? How compliant are you?

But we all keep running in the little metal wheel, Mark. Suck it up buttercup.

It's now being reported that no vote has been taken, so ISM may be right.

Either way, based upon the recent reports, it doesn't look good (at least for the fall). Holding onto a glimmer of hope for an abbreviated spring season.

It's now being reported that no vote has been taken, so ISM may be right.

Either way, based upon the recent reports, it doesn't look good (at least for the fall). Holding onto a glimmer of hope for an abbreviated spring season.
Yeah that's just the big wigs having stuck their fingers in the air and gauging which way the wind is blowing on social media. They are well aware of how it all looks but at the end of the day I don't think they'll end up playing. I figured they'd have waited longer then a week after having put the schedule out there but now that the toothpaste is out of the tube it is what it is...

Yeah that's just the big wigs having stuck their fingers in the air and gauging which way the wind is blowing on social media. They are well aware of how it all looks but at the end of the day I don't think they'll end up playing. I figured they'd have waited longer then a week after having put the schedule out there but now that the toothpaste is out of the tube it is what it is...

No shit...the only thing that could make this look worse in terms of the way it has been handled would be for an announcement to be made after the fact indicating that it was unofficial and no vote had been made...oh wait. So now we get a cancellation, a retraction, and a soon to come official announcement that there won't be a season. I have no problem with the decision to cancel the season, but rather the train wreck in which it was delivered.

I'm shocked, I thought for sure the driving force to keep the season open would be the money. No way in hell the SEC cancels their season, and the ACC/Big 12 will follow in their footsteps.

Scott Frost just said in a presser that he hopes for a B1G season and if there isn't, they are already looking for a new place where they can play. Which blows my mind.... but he literally just said it.

Scott Frost just said in a presser that he hopes for a B1G season and if there isn't, they are already looking for a new place where they can play. Which blows my mind.... but he literally just said it.
It’s just posturing. nebraskans are good at it.

Latest posts