Replace Back in Black with....

uni972

... a cleaned up remix of Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa. Imagine the student section bouncing along and chanting Black and Yellow over and over.

This will probably happen the same year they paint the water tower.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_28?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=black+and+yellow+wiz+khalifa&sprefix=black+and+yellow+wiz+khalifa]Amazon.com: black and yellow wiz khalifa: MP3 Downloads[/ame]

I thought Iowa was black and gold????

And WHY WHY WHY in the world would you ever want to replace Back in Black? WHY?!

I am a student....terrible idea!!! WE listen to back in black in the dorms on game day. It is tradition!!!! I love the song black and yellow but u cant replace back in black. The students love it just as much

How about replace Enter Sandman instead? I think there should be a way to represent both the old classic rock culture while recognizing what many players on our team actually listen to.

But this is a moot point, as people will howl if anything we have currently ever changes.

Lame.

If we're going to change it, how about "Ecstasy of Gold" by Ennio Morricone from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", along with key highlights of past seasons and past players. Kind of like this video (not made by me).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fapF_erxy8Y&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Iowa Hawkeye Football[/ame]

I just listened to Black and Yellow and think it's a very strong song, but wouldn't replace Back in Black with it.

I could see it being used during the game (maybe like Wisconsin uses Jump Around) or in football promotional material though.

Old people would hate "black n yellow"

I think it would be great if you could clean up the language, its a good song.

But like I said, the old timers would hate any type of change. (and by old, I mean old, not 30's and 40's)

These guys aren't getting ready to ball out on the court, they are getting ready to jack some people up. Rap doesn't pump you up to lay someone out like some back in black!!!

I think the song should be something to which everyone can hum along....like this...[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iv3HqRJP3w]YouTube - Cannibal Corpse w/ Jim Carrey[/ame]

These guys aren't getting ready to ball out on the court, they are getting ready to jack some people up. Rap doesn't pump you up to lay someone out like some back in black!!!

I would guess 80% of our players listen to rap to get pumped up for the game, not rock.

If the song changes it should be some drowning pool - bodies bet we'd go undefeated with ease

1. This won't happen
2. It shouldn't happen
3. If it did, no way does Black and Yellow replace it. It's good, but not the kind of music to pump up the fans (which is what the intro is for).

If it were changed, it'd have to stay fairly old. Guns N'Roses or something like that. I'm a student as well, and I just don't think that the flavor of the week is going to work as well as classic rock.

Thank you, I'll talk that as a compliment.

I've reconsidered and now think it should be used during the game some time but not when the team walks out. It is too "flavor of the week" as one post put it.

Now let's get that water tower painted.

Latest posts