Reminder: Set your DVR for 8:00 pm on ESPNU to see Gessell and Woodbury

Everyone assumed you were talking Kyle Meyer, as leonards name is Meyers.

I don't think getting position against Iowas tiny front line is any great feat of strength.

Leonard might be a bit stronger now but Woody is much further ahead at the same age.

I was under the impression that the first person to mention Meyers was talking about Leonard....but I may have been mistaken.

Gessell has good handles and vision, and can shoot. Woodbury looked weak the first half but by the second half he looked to be more than comfortable going against the wider bodies of the south. He got good position on both ends and did not get displaced. He is stronger than Myers Lenord at the same time, probably stronger than him right now actually.

Everyone assumed you were talking Kyle Meyer, as leonards name is Meyers.

I don't think getting position against Iowas tiny front line is any great feat of strength.

Leonard might be a bit stronger now but Woody is much further ahead at the same age.

It was you! But that is who I was talking about, and Leonard dominated us inside. He is also thought to be a very high draft pick as well, and has the age advantage. Woodbury has a long way to go to be as strong as him, but he can get there.

It was you! But that is who I was talking about, and Leonard dominated us inside. He is also thought to be a very high draft pick as well, and has the age advantage. Woodbury has a long way to go to be as strong as him, but he can get there.

You said Meyer, no S.

Leonard is not strong for a center. He might be slightly stonger than Woodbury but not much. Its not like were talking about someone who has much bulk at all.

His domination of Iowa the first time had everything to do with his height and athletic ability vs a very short team where he was half a foot taller than everyone else.

I was very impressed with Gesell and how he managed the offense when he was on the court. Very sharp passes. This kid is going to be great for the Hawks. I really like his basketball smarts. Also very quick. Very nice to know what we have coming to Iowa City.

I finally got to watch the North (Future BIG Stars) and came away very impressed with the talent on the roster. First, only one player on that roster is not going to play in the BIG (Cameron Beschied going to ND).
Gesell: made GR3 the game MVP with his great passing ability. He looked up the floor all the time and was a facilitator first, but he has a very good shot. Mike also impressed me with how vocal he was throughout the game and in a few huddles. He is very smart and didn't play terrible defense either.
Woodbury: I was more impressed with Adam than Gesell. On this board there is such a mixed bag of opinion. First look at Woodbury here is what he does: Talk, Pass, Challege shots and has some decent offensive moves. Woodbury plays within himself and he blocked some shots, which I have read he doesn't. A couple were straight up and not from the weakside, a definite bonus. The real negatives were his overall conditioning, he looked tired, but he needs lower body strength and he gets foul prone when he is tired, oh yeah, plant him on FT line his shot isn't poor it just doesn't fall.

The BIG is getting some tremendous players, I was most impressed with GR3 and Dekker. Each of them is a high level athlete and knows how to play the game. Robinson didn't shoot a lot from the outside, but the book is he is more than capable and he does what the game dictates. The game was wide open and he ran the floor better than anyone in that game. Marc Loving, just a junior, I have to go watch him in person, wow he is going to be an all-BIG selection in his career. Just another player from the Toledo area that is going to be a great player. Iowa needs to look at the Toledo area it is surprising how many really good players are in the area. Loving was just named Division 1 POY in Ohio.

Latest posts