Recruiting Roundup

Nate Clouse‏ @NateClouse 51s51 seconds ago
#Nebraska just signed JUCO All-American LB @Will_Honas out of Butler Co. CC

Interesting...must think he can play right away there too. That's cool. We'll just have them roll into town so the Hawks can lay another smack down on em. Even more so probably than Fleck, we will have some recruiting wins and losses with Frost. As long as we continue the wins on the field, that's all that matters.

Frost might know what he's doing over there...

That's what I'm afraid of. I was really hope he would have ended up at either Florida or FSU cause I didn't want him back at Neb. At this point, I put Fleck in the Campbell realm where they love quirky little sayings/notes/etc...Frost I think could be on another level. Guess we'll see if that continues to play out.

Frost might know what he's doing over there...
He can definitely coach an offense, but his defense at UCF was a step up from "hot garbage". I fear (for their sake, I personally love it) that they still haven't realized the Big Ten is won in the trenches. We'll see what he's got in Kinnick next year.

He can definitely coach an offense, but his defense at UCF was a step up from "hot garbage". I fear (for their sake, I personally love it) that they still haven't realized the Big Ten is won in the trenches. We'll see what he's got in Kinnick next year.

Neb O and D has been hot garbage for a couple years. Fixing the O will help and if he gets some sort of D Coord then he may have something going. They always recruit well anyway, it's just that they can't translate it to the field. A big reason because of the trenches like you said. The other part is that their QB play has been bad.

Neb O and D has been hot garbage for a couple years. Fixing the O will help and if he gets some sort of D Coord then he may have something going. They always recruit well anyway, it's just that they can't translate it to the field. A big reason because of the trenches like you said. The other part is that their QB play has been bad.
Probably something for another thread, but all levels of play for them have been sloppy for some time. They've been extremely turnover prone ever since around 2010, and that boils down to just bad coaching and undisciplined play. Nebraska is a ground up rebuilding project, and I don't know if Frost understands that. Their fanbase certainly doesn't.

so, benson is a good player. but i think the competition level was pretty low. half the time he looked bigger than the opposing OL's. he hits hard, but again, competition level. I would gladly take the JUCO all-american for immediate help in this case. and, lets not forget than benson would be #3 choice.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4399053/seth-benson

Just some grumblings about Thompson maybe being a target again not nothing for certain yet.
I haven't seen anything personally to indicate that we are back in the mix. The rumor, though, is that he's likely not heading to a blue-blood. As of last week, he was a strong Mizzou lean.

That's what I'm afraid of. I was really hope he would have ended up at either Florida or FSU cause I didn't want him back at Neb. At this point, I put Fleck in the Campbell realm where they love quirky little sayings/notes/etc...Frost I think could be on another level. Guess we'll see if that continues to play out.
Yep, it sucks. The dude had serious reservations about taking the job, but F'n Tom Osborne talked him into it. So now I'm really concerned he will turn it all around. It's bad when you have to live around so many of the arrogant, entitled asses.

Interesting...must think he can play right away there too. That's cool. We'll just have them roll into town so the Hawks can lay another smack down on em. Even more so probably than Fleck, we will have some recruiting wins and losses with Frost. As long as we continue the wins on the field, that's all that matters.
I am much more concerned with Frost than Fleck. Fleck is the definition of a snake oil salesman. All flash and no substance. Frost's flash comes from what he does on the field, not from his smarmy personality.

Frost is the real deal. Nebraska will never be what it once was, but Frost was the best possible outcome for them, and they are going to be tougher going forward.

Benson sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders, and he's been a big part of his team winning 3 straight titles at SD's highest level of high school football. He sounds like a good replacement for Ben Van SomewhereElse.

Latest posts