Recruiting Roundup

And if I read correctly, they want to target one more LB? I'm assuming the main target is the Cox kid out of KC area. What about the remaining spots? Is there a list of targets they are still recruiting?

Last edited:
Just some grumblings about Thompson maybe being a target again not nothing for certain yet.

According to 12/26 Nebraska podcast....... Thompson has taken 4 of his 5 officials so has one left if he chooses to take it. Numerous programs are vying for his last official including NE. Thompson hasn't scheduled any as of 12/26.

I read on HR that Recinos and. Easley have deservedly earned scholarships. Do we have anymore to give out.

I wish JM and Rob would take a page from what Chip Brown did while covering Texas for this signing day. He managed to bring a lot of exposure to the Texas 24/7 site and earned many impressions and clicks on their message board. Plus, their signing day was more entertaining.

A few questions for Rob: When does the early signing period end? When will we hear from the two DB's that haven't signed? How many more schollies do we have left to give?

Thanks in advance.

Early signing period was Dec 20-22.

Not sure when Johnson and Brents will make it official but I wouldn’t worry about it.

Available scholarships is a fluid situation. Two opened up today with JJ and Wiegers leaving. I’d say around 5, but again, that could change.

I just checked with Jayden McDonald.

Here is his current official visit schedule:

Jan. 19 K-Stare

Jan. 26 Iowa

Feb 2 Ole Miss

so, benson is a good player. but i think the competition level was pretty low. half the time he looked bigger than the opposing OL's. he hits hard, but again, competition level. I would gladly take the JUCO all-american for immediate help in this case. and, lets not forget than benson would be #3 choice.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4399053/seth-benson

Actually Sioux Falls football is pretty good. Washington and O'Gorman could compete very well in 4a Iowa.

Iowa LB coach Seth Wallace stopped by Suwanee (GA) North Gwinnett to see '18 LB target Jayden McDonald this morning. Wallace will conduct an in-home visit with McDonald later today. McDonald officially visits Hawkeyes on Jan. 26.

Latest posts