Recruiting News, Notes for Homestretch

Penn State picked up a RB yesterday. Think that takes them out of the picture for Lovett.......can't hurt our stock.

So Iowa's offered two new WRs recently... Is that a sign that Martin isn't giving them a good vibe? Iowa surely isn't taking 3 more if they were to all want to come would they? That'd make 5 for this class right? What if those other 2 say yes before Martin decides would Iowa tell Martin were full? Just curious where things stand....

I like the direction this is going in. I follow recruiting more than casually and it seems most years in January Iowa goes after low-hanging fruit. Seems these guys generally have P5 offers which is a relief.

So Iowa's offered two new WRs recently... Is that a sign that Martin isn't giving them a good vibe? Iowa surely isn't taking 3 more if they were to all want to come would they? That'd make 5 for this class right? What if those other 2 say yes before Martin decides would Iowa tell Martin were full? Just curious where things stand....

We only have 1 WR commit - Brandon Smith of MS. I think we could take four. Not saying we'll get Martin, but the offers aren't an indication we're bailing.

I wouldn't read into Martin not giving a good vibe to the staff. Martin's recruitment is as quite as I've ever seen from a high recruit, he plays is so close to the vest no one can get a read. It will be interesting to hear what he says about his Sparty visit this weekend. We'll know here soon.

Crap. Thanks. Forgot about Max.

We are still recruiting Martin, however.
More the merrier for sure. I'd have had a hard time believing Martin wouldn't be welcome all the way up to signing day almost no matter what. But 5 wrs seems like a lot for a class is all. That said all 3 of those guys probably aren't coming. The tall 6'5 kid is new to me. Wouldn't mind having a kid that doesn't have to be 'open' to be open.

I would say the coaches might take the first of either the kid from KS or the kid from NJ and Martin. If Martin goes elsewhere, they take both if both want on board.

Interesting to see Auburn wants Thomas Johnston to play H-back and not LB... Johnston and Martin are must gets to round out this class!!!

A.J. Epenesa is now a five star on Rivals.

I exchanged messages with Nate Wieland. He said he had a good meeting with Reese Morgan at the school on Friday. Reese told him to remain patient. Coach Kirk Ferentz was scheduled to visit with him this afternoon but weather could push that back until tomorrow.

With AJ up to a 5*, Iowa's average player * ranking is now at 3.14. That is the highest it has been since 2005 when they had a 3.22 average * ranking. Iowa hasn't had over a 3* ranking average since then.

With AJ up to a 5*, Iowa's average player * ranking is now at 3.14. That is the highest it has been since 2005 when they had a 3.22 average * ranking. Iowa hasn't had over a 3* ranking average since then.

It'll most likely fall below 3 by the time it's all said and done. We'll probably sign 8 more players and I'm guessing the avg star ranking will be 2.5 (half will be 2's and half will be 3's). That'd bring the avg to about 2.91....

It'll most likely fall below 3 by the time it's all said and done. We'll probably sign 8 more players and I'm guessing the avg star ranking will be 2.5 (half will be 2's and half will be 3's). That'd bring the avg to about 2.91....

Probably, and that would still be right around our best classes since 2005. I think we have had 2 classes above 2.9 since then?

Probably, and that would still be right around our best classes since 2005. I think we have had 2 classes above 2.9 since then?

Agreed. I re-read my post and it inadvertently came off sounding somewhat snarky. Wasn't my intention....was just trying to say that I don't think this homestretch will have much in the way of "star power", so it will most likely drag down the avg. But to be right around 3 is a pretty good class....

Latest posts