Recruiting: Looking good on the Daniels front and mystery recruit

iahawk72

Ok, it looks like Iowa is hosting 14 recruits this weekend. Known for sure are these 12:

Boettger
Wisniewski
Gressel
Harris
Willies
Walsh
Goebbel
Rucker
Hill
Young
Vandeberg
Daniels

Earlier this evening Brant Gressel posted the following picture on twitter with the text Class of 2013.

As best as I can tell they are:

Back L to R: Young (11), Goebbel (66), Hill (11), Vandeberg (19), Walsh (79), Rucker (2), Gressel (72), Harris (21), Daniels (28), ????? (?8)
Front L to R: Boettger (18), Wisniewski (35), Willies (8), ???? (17)

Who are the mystery 13th and 14th recruits? The one in the front row can't be Warfield as he already took his official visit last weekend. Any ideas?

Also, it looks like Daniels (#28) is having a good time. :)

iahawk72

A9oIlSNCYAADcCl.jpg:large

Last edited:
Ok, wondering if the recruit on the far right in the back row with a partially obscured jersey is Tyler Kluver the LS from Marshalltown?

Could #17 be Derrick Mitchell, Jr.? Another possibility is Brian Lemelle. Or Andre Hunt. Just guessing here.

Last edited:
Ok, wondering if the recruit on the far right in the back row with a partially obscured jersey is Tyler Kluver the LS from Marshalltown?

Could #17 be Derrick Mitchell, Jr.? Another possibility is Brian Lemelle. Or Andre Hunt. Just guessing here.

The kid on right is a kicker named Alden Haffar from Iowa Central i believe, has visited twice and im pretty sure he will be here next year. He will be a preferred walk on and he has 2 years of eligibility left and RS i think. If I remember correctly from his HS days at Valley, he could kick the living **** out of the ball but wasnt much of a FG guy. He was a goalie who could kick it farther then i've seen out of a HS kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5uzzv2pqaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjT4wUrI1QM

Am I missing something? Since when did a kick that crossed the goal line become an automatic dead ball and touchback?

Pretty sure #17 is Derrick Mitchell. 247Sports reported that he visited Iowa this weekend. The mystery #8 seems to be Haffar. He claims on his Twitter that he is on an official to Iowa this weekend.

Okay, did Walsh just rip a big one or what? Look at Rucker and Hill and the **** eating expression on Walsh's face. Priceless!

Some of those guys look stacked (Walsh, Daniels, and Willies are friggin huge!).
What positions are they being recruited at?

Sean Welsh at 6'-3", 275 lbs is being recruited to OG. He's committed

Leshun Daniels at 6'-0", 220 lbs is a RB. He's currently committed to Boston College but visited Iowa because the BC coach was fired.

Derrick Willies at 6'-3" 195 lbs is a WR. Supposed to be fast too. He's committed.

Jake Roh, LB prospect from AZ, visited but looks like he's not in the picture. Maybe because he was off and running to visit Boise St this weekend as well.

Where is all the negativity up in here? Can someone pls quote all of their 40 times so we have something to be negative about?! I'm sure they are all 3* recruits right, why cant we get 4* to come to IOWA!!! Come on someone be critical don't let me down.

Sean Welsh at 6'-3", 275 lbs is being recruited to OG. He's committed

Leshun Daniels at 6'-0", 220 lbs is a RB. He's currently committed to Boston College but visited Iowa because the BC coach was fired.

Derrick Willies at 6'-3" 195 lbs is a WR. Supposed to be fast too. He's committed.

Thx CP. I hope we're able to flip Daniels. He looks like he has the size and good speed. Additionally, he seemed able to break tackles and mow.
I pulled up his highlight reel. It was pretty grainy on my phone, but maybe looks better on a computer.

LeShun Daniels Jr. - Senior Year Highlights *BOSTON COLLEGE VERBAL* - YouTube

Where is all the negativity up in here? Can someone pls quote all of their 40 times so we have something to be negative about?! I'm sure they are all 3* recruits right, why cant we get 4* to come to IOWA!!! Come on someone be critical don't let me down.

It's getting a well deserved rest. No reason to be negative about recruiting this year so far. We will see how it pans out.

Daniels looks like he could be a dual-threat for us out of the backfield. He'll give us a big powerful runner, as well as a means of safely transporting soldiers across a battlefield.

Pretty sure #17 is Derrick Mitchell. 247Sports reported that he visited Iowa this weekend. The mystery #8 seems to be Haffar. He claims on his Twitter that he is on an official to Iowa this weekend.

After double checking some pics, #17 is not Mitchell. #17 is Damond Powell, Iowa's new WR commit.

785933m.jpg

Latest posts