Recruiting: Looking good on the Daniels front and mystery recruit

Just wondering about Daniels. Does anybody know his 40 time. By looking at his highlights he doesn't seem to have a very long stride. Reminds me of Hershel Walker when he ran. I would love to see him at Iowa and struggle the way Hershel did at Georgia.

Why are we recruiting ANOTHER RB? We have plenty.
Do you watch hawkeye football? Are you aware of the shelf life of an Iowa RB?

We will be lucky to have 2 out of Bullock, Garmon, and Weisman back and healthy next year. Odds are horrible that anyone of 'em lasts to senior year.

We will be lucky to have 2 out of Bullock, Garmon, and Weisman back and healthy next year. Odds are horrible that anyone of 'em lasts to senior year.

Exactly! Why not bring in more players who will hopefully compete and maybe make this team better. Plus I don't know who anyone is kidding on this site but without a healthy stable of RBs and also a healthy o-line this team won't be successful again. KF isn't going to steer too far away from being a pro-style offense with a run-first mentality. Yeah this team has lots of possible running backs, many are hurt/were hurt, but with this teams past you can never, ever have too many. Anyone with an ACL injury (Barkley Hill) or concussion (Damon Bullock), are more likely to get injured again, than anyone who hasn't had one of those types of injuries.

Season ticket holder here...does sarcasm ring a bell?

I know just how much people love me when Ipost this info. commits and ranking by ESPN.
TE Weisinskie 80 4* 6'5 215 lbs
OG Welsh 79 3* 6'3 275 lbs
OG Goebel 79 3* 6'3 275 lbs
LB Kenny 79 3* 6'2 215 lbs 4.6 40
S Hill 79 3* 6'0 4.45 40
LB Young 78 3* 6'4 225 lbs 4.6 40
ATH Harris 78 3* 6'1 4.4 40
S Warfield 77 3* 6'0 4.4 40
S Rucker 77 3* 5'11 4.4 40
ATH Mitchell 76 3* 6'0 4.4 40
DT Gresell 76 3* 6'2 280
QB Shimonek 74 3* 6'4 205 4.9 40
WR Willies 74 3* 6'4 4.4 40
DT Bazata 72 3* 6'2 270 lbs
WR Vandenberg Gray shirt 71 3* 4.48 40
TE/DE Boetger 69 2* 6'5 225 4.6 40
LS Kluver 68 2* 6'0 215
WR Powell JUCO 5'11 4.4 40

I would gladly trade Garmond for Daniels. Daniels looks more suited to college size back - breaking tackles
Garmond was not strong, fast or shifty enough to beat out a weak group of tailbacks at Iowa.

Why are we recruiting ANOTHER RB? We have plenty.

Bwah-ha-haaaaa! Your troll was even better than you thought at the time, given today's news...

On the bright side, Garmon's departure might help us land Daniels. That was an excellent highlight reel, the kid feeds off contact.

I would gladly trade Garmond for Daniels. Daniels looks more suited to college size back - breaking tackles
Garmond was not strong, fast or shifty enough to beat out a weak group of tailbacks at Iowa.

Seems a bit harsh the way you put it but I agree. Daniels is built to fit the Iowa zone scheme, Garmon is not.

Latest posts