Record after Michigan, Penn State ?

eyekwah

The B1G didn't do Iowa or Wisconsin any favors with the cross over games. Iowa getting Michigan and Penn State back to back is a very tough assignment. I liked Iowa's chances of beating Michigan before Michigan got going against RU, but now I don't. I do not know what to make of Penn State. There best win was against Pitt, a game they could have easily lost. Would love to come out 2 and 0, but 1 and 1 might be more realistic.

I'll go with 5-1. If that is the case, then Iowa will have it's chance vs a 1 loss Wisconsin on Nov. 9th. I don't see Wisconsin being able to hang with @Ohio St.

The B1G didn't do Iowa or Wisconsin any favors with the cross over games. Iowa getting Michigan and Penn State back to back is a very tough assignment. I liked Iowa's chances of beating Michigan before Michigan got going against RU, but now I don't. I do not know what to make of Penn State. There best win was against Pitt, a game they could have easily lost. Would love to come out 2 and 0, but 1 and 1 might be more realistic.
Michigan and PSU might not have played anyone, but neither have we.

Our best win so far was against a horrible B12 team by one point on their own muffed punt return. Miami, MTSU, and Rutgers doesn’t mean jack. I’m not saying the Hawks can’t win one of these, but none of Iowa, Michigan, or PSU has beaten an even remotely good team yet and there’s no way to tell how they stack up against each other until 3 weeks from now.

Our best win so far was against a horrible B12 team by one point on their own muffed punt return. Miami, MTSU, and Rutgers doesn’t mean jack. I’m not saying the Hawks can’t win one of these, but none of Iowa, Michigan, or PSU has beaten an even remotely good team yet and there’s no way to tell how they stack up against each other until 3 weeks from now.

Yeah, the next 2 weeks we are going to be facing the two teams with the most pure talent on their rosters that we will see this year. Wisconsin is a better TEAM than those two, but Michigan and Penn St. recruit at an elite level and have players all over the field.

This.

We’re fighting for a Rose Bowl spot at best this year, folks, not a playoff berth. The Wisconsin game is the most important one of the season.

That could be said every year. I mean what maybe 3 times over the last 50 years that Iowa was even in the top 4 come the last weekend of the year (1985, 2002, 2015). Maybe I'm forgetting 1, but lets face it we might get a shot at being a top 4 teams once every 10-20 years.

4-2. Sorry boys, I wasn't terribly impressed yesterday. Our offensive line still has hiccups and the soft spots in our D haven't changed since the opener. (spare me the #s from yesterday. Yes we overpowered them but it was MTSU. B1G teams will exploit things much better)

Hope I'm wrong, maybe we were a little groggy after the week off. A win at Ann Arbor will be proof that this team is legit. Otherwise it's 8-4 again. (Ls to Mich/Penn St/Wisc and somebody we shouldn't). Win at Michigan and 10 Ws is on the table.

BTW, take protection next week. Ann Arbor is a whore

That could be said every year. I mean what maybe 3 times over the last 50 years that Iowa was even in the top 4 come the last weekend of the year (1985, 2002, 2015). Maybe I'm forgetting 1, but lets face it we might get a shot at being a top 4 teams once every 10-20 years.
All I meant was like most years with good starts, people start talking winning the Big Ten before we even play anyone.

4-2. Sorry boys, I wasn't terribly impressed yesterday. Our offensive line still hasn't come together (spare me the rushing #s from yesterday, it was MTSU) and the soft spots in our D haven't changed since the opener.

Hope I'm wrong, maybe we were a little groggy after the week off. A win at Ann Arbor will be proof that this team is legit. Otherwise it's 8-4 again. (Ls to Mich/Penn St/Wisc and somebody we shouldn't). Win at Michigan and 10 Ws is on the table.

That is fair enough, nothing was really proven vs MTSU. I will say though here are some things that I did like about the game and the team up to this point:

-OL is much better than I anticipated. Linderbuam is already a beast, thought he would have a ton more growing pains than he is
-We have depth built up on the OL now. With Jackson coming back and Shooter developing, we have a legit 8 deep OL (Jackson, Paulson, Paulson, Linderbaum, Shooter, Banwart, Kalenberger, and of course Wirfs)
-Stanley is the manley. He is seeing the field better, he is running the ball when needed and he is getting the team into the right plays at the LOS.
-RB depth is impressive. Each guy brings something a little different to the table, and they all have impressed me
-WR group is simply outstanding. I really can't remember a group that we have had that is this deep and talented. Sure McNutt and DJK together was a better 2 some, but the 4 at the top of this years group really any of them can hurt you on any given saturday.

Still concerned about the D though this year. This is way more like the bend but don't break, big cushions D's that have been frustrating in the past when we get to the meat of the schedule. Hope I am wrong, but I am concerned in that department.

I know we have a starting corner out but I see our pass defense giving too much cushion right now and against Mich and PSU that cushion is going to turn into lots of first downs and chain moving drives. Mich and PSU dont have great running qbs which helps Iowa whose defense struggles on against that factor, But their qbs are good enough runners to hurt our Dee.

I think our Dee needs to mix it up a little more now in the pass coverage. Got to stop or slow down the run first and play great to get a win.

This.

We’re fighting for a Rose Bowl spot at best this year, folks, not a playoff berth. The Wisconsin game is the most important one of the season.

You are right, we cant hang with OSU as it looks right now unless they have a a slightly off game with a couple of turnovers, some sloppy tackling, a few drops, etc and the hawks take advantage with almost perfect play.

Anyone can be beat as N Carolina was in a position to do it and Clemson seems to always have a close call or one loss. But some are tougher to beat.

4-2. Sorry boys, I wasn't terribly impressed yesterday. Our offensive line still has hiccups and the soft spots in our D haven't changed since the opener. (spare me the #s from yesterday. Yes we overpowered them but it was MTSU. B1G teams will exploit things much better)

Along Fry's line ... Agree, weak tests for all 3, so far.
- Sagarin's s.o.s. Penn St= 82; Mich= 97; Iowa= 110.
- Iowa and Michigan have 2 common opponents (Ugh-ers and MTSU): Mich= 92-21; Iowa= 78-3
- I think Penn St has looked the best, so far, with that road blowout of the Turtles but at least it's in Kinnick,

I see no worse than a split. Hawks should be any where from +3 to -3 going to Ann Arbor. I think they take your advice and f that slut good in the Big House! ;) (I'll be there!!:))

Win that with no injuries, possible night game in Kinnick and there's a reasonable chance at beating the Nits.

I know we have a starting corner out but I see our pass defense giving too much cushion right now and against Mich and PSU that cushion is going to turn into lots of first downs and chain moving drives. Mich and PSU dont have great running qbs which helps Iowa whose defense struggles on against that factor, But their qbs are good enough runners to hurt our Dee.

I think our Dee needs to mix it up a little more now in the pass coverage. Got to stop or slow down the run first and play great to get a win.

2 starting corners are out, I think Brent's is actually our best corner. And both safeties are playing hurt. I believe this why we've played deep cushion.

I may be wrong but if we can get Hankins and Brent's back and healthy, it may change a lot.

I always thought the Michigan crowd was subdued unless it was Notre Dame or OSU.

Latest posts