Record after Michigan, Penn State ?

Winning at Michigan is never easy. (something you'd also hear most teams say about coming to Kinnick). BTW, that "lousy" Michigan team put 22 more points on Rutgers that IOWA did.

A W in Ann Arbor (that stanky slut)...even if this is a mediocre Michigan team...is a big win.

Go Hawks!

I know we have a starting corner out but I see our pass defense giving too much cushion right now and against Mich and PSU that cushion is going to turn into lots of first downs and chain moving drives. Mich and PSU dont have great running qbs which helps Iowa whose defense struggles on against that factor, But their qbs are good enough runners to hurt our Dee.

I think our Dee needs to mix it up a little more now in the pass coverage. Got to stop or slow down the run first and play great to get a win.
Agree with the too much cushion, and our linebackers will be exploited in coverage. Penn State qb can run very well, as during the Buffalo game it was said he runs a 4.5 40. So he moves around very well, which will give us fits. They have speed all over the field on offense and defense. Their linebackers were running down the Maryland running backs like nothing, which is saying something because Maryland has speed as well. Michigan has probably the best receiving group in the conference other than OSU. Peoples-Jones, and Nico Collins were both top receiving recruits out of high school.

Winning at Michigan is never easy. (something you'd also hear most teams say about coming to Kinnick). BTW, that "lousy" Michigan team put 22 more points on Rutgers that IOWA did.

A W in Ann Arbor (that stanky slut)...even if this is a mediocre Michigan team...is a big win.

Go Hawks!

Well, Rutgers punter didn't put 7 balls inside the five yard line against Michigan...that's your 22 points right there. Wasting downs to get off your goal like with sneaks doesn't help your offense.

I've said the jury is still out on our defense...and I mean the whole defense. Next week, the jury will have reached a verdict on how good this defense is right now and can be as the season progresses. We need Hankins healthy for next week...and Merriweather in the wings too...in case we need more speed in the game...which we will.

Parker's gameplan will be to keep everything in front of us...and make them be patient and sustain drives...Michigan is likes to throw deep...we will see how this works out.

I’ll say 5-1. I think we beat Michigan. Their offense has struggled mightily against defenses with a pulse and we should have Hankins and Brents back.

Next week, the jury will have reached a verdict on how good this defense is right now and can be as the season progresses. We need Hankins healthy for next week...and Merriweather in the wings too...in case we need more speed in the game...which we will.

Parker's gameplan will be to keep everything in front of us...and make them be patient and sustain drives...Michigan is likes to throw deep...we will see how this works out.

I think you're right, this will be the difference in the game. If our D plays a big game, we win. All Stanley will have to do then is be a good game manager and not make any ill-advised throws.

6-0. And I don't think it will be that close.

Against Michigan, we are just better than them on both lines. They are average at best there. We will shut down the run and force them to throw. We will run on them enough to stay balanced and we will dominate the fourth quarter.

Against Penn St, what I like the most is that we have shown the ability to control the ball and the clock and they don't. They will not beat us with the big play and I don't see them having the discipline of beating us continually underneath. We win third down here and the turnover battle.

Agree with the too much cushion, and our linebackers will be exploited in coverage. Penn State qb can run very well, as during the Buffalo game it was said he runs a 4.5 40. So he moves around very well, which will give us fits. They have speed all over the field on offense and defense. Their linebackers were running down the Maryland running backs like nothing, which is saying something because Maryland has speed as well. Michigan has probably the best receiving group in the conference other than OSU. Peoples-Jones, and Nico Collins were both top receiving recruits out of high school.
So was Willie Guy, if you know what I mean.

Based on what I've seen so far, and based not on how they may have been rated coming out of high school, Minnesota's receivers look pretty tough as well. Wisconsin's are more than serviceable. Then there's Rondale Moore, although didn't he get banged up yesterday?

Play Peoples-Jones and Collins physical, like Wisconsin did, and you can cut the head off the proverbial snake. Continue to dominate time of possession and keep turnovers to a minimum and your pretty Michigan buddies will spend much of the game on the sideline.

We go to 6-0. This team has something special written all over it. It won’t be easy, but it never is. When we are completely healthy watch out!

giphy.gif

Go Hawks!
That 52-0 shellacking was enough to send Chris Ash packing.

As of this morning Rutgers is looking for a new football coach.

Winning at Michigan is never easy. (something you'd also hear most teams say about coming to Kinnick). BTW, that "lousy" Michigan team put 22 more points on Rutgers that IOWA did!
Michigan isn’t “lousy”. Whoever says that is as defective at football knowledge or the English language as Jimmy H running a spread.

Michigan hung an extra 22 on Rutgers because they had their manhood stolen last week. Football isn’t static.

Preseason I had Iowa at 3-3 after 6.

I’m hoping for minimum 5-1

Latest posts