Really need to win next two

longtimer

I could see us stumbling at Penn State and Indiana will be tough. If we can win the next two which includes a team we will be battling in the standings I think we are in great shape. Lose one and we are really bubbling up. Lose two and I hope the weather turns so I can get outside on the weekends and not watch Basketball

I'm convinced that we will beat NW at home and lose to Indiana on the road. Hawks will want the NW game after losing in OT. Indiana has only lost 1 conference game at home which happened to be last night to Purdue.

I actually think we are more likely to win at Nebby and Penn St and lose at home to Illinois.

I actually think we are more likely to win at Nebby and Penn St and lose at home to Illinois.

I think that scenario should put Iowa in the NCAA tournament. Losses @Indiana and Illinois will probably leave Iowa's RPI in the mid 50's. I'd like to think thats good enough for a 9/10 seed.

IMHO, we have to win 4 of these last 5. Losing at Northwestern gives us that "bad loss" that we had avoided. Seriously, we have to go 4 -1. that gives us 11-7 in the B1G.

Otherwise you are forced to go REALLY deep in the BTT.

IMHO, we have to win 4 of these last 5. Losing at Northwestern gives us that "bad loss" that we had avoided. Seriously, we have to go 4 -1. that gives us 11-7 in the B1G.

It just depends on who the 2 losses are against. Losses against Indiana and Illinois wont hurt all that much. Road losses against PSU or Nebby will sting. Another loss to NW would be fatal.

Home to Minnesota is a bad loss as well.

Every bubble team has bad loses. If we lose 2 more, then win 1 in the B1G tourney, we will have the same amount of wins as last year with a way better resume.

They should beat Northwestern. Indiana is a game they are very capable of winning. Crean is doing a lot better this year than I thought he would.

Get 4 more wins before Selection Sunday and we're fine...doesn't matter which teams we beat IMO. If we win out we are likely the 2 or 3 seed in the BTT...not suggesting/predicting this will happen. If we lose 2 more with a win against Illinois we are almost certainly the 7 seed.

So beat Illinois and 2 others and we probably avoid Wisconsin in the BTT. So the Illinois game is crucial. We need the head to head tiebreaker with them. If we end up 10-8 and good Iowa shows up at the BTT we get 2 teams we can beat on Thursday and Friday...moving us from the bubble to in IMO at 21-13 assuming a Saturday BTT loss.

RPI of Big 10 teams as of today per 1 of the RPI sites updated daily...only differ slightly.

6 - WI
11 - MD
31 - MSU
35 - IN
36 - OSU
44 - IL
58 - PUR
59 - IA
96 - MI
99 - PSU
100 - MN
112 - NE
130 - NW
144 - RUT

It's highly improbable Iowa will lose to a team outside of the top 150...don't play anyone outside the top 150.

Get 4 more wins before Selection Sunday and we're fine...doesn't matter which teams we beat IMO. If we win out we are likely the 2 or 3 seed in the BTT...not suggesting/predicting this will happen. If we lose 2 more with a win against Illinois we are almost certainly the 7 seed.

So beat Illinois and 2 others and we probably avoid Wisconsin in the BTT. So the Illinois game is crucial. We need the head to head tiebreaker with them. If we end up 10-8 and good Iowa shows up at the BTT we get 2 teams we can beat on Thursday and Friday...moving us from the bubble to in IMO at 21-13 assuming a Saturday BTT loss.

How did all of your predictions work out last season? Why should anyone take you seriously on this topic?

RPI of Big 10 teams as of today per 1 of the RPI sites updated daily...only differ slightly.

6 - WI
11 - MD
31 - MSU
35 - IN
36 - OSU
44 - IL
58 - PUR
59 - IA
96 - MI
99 - PSU
100 - MN
112 - NE
130 - NW
144 - RUT

It's highly improbable Iowa will lose to a team outside of the top 150...don't play anyone outside the top 150.

We need Minnesota to stay in the top 100 and Illinois to stay in the top 50.

How did all of your predictions work out last season? Why should anyone take you seriously on this topic?

He is discussing possible scenarios, not predicting a record. Even if he was, predictions are just guesses. Why would anybody take anyone's guesses seriously?

We need Minnesota to stay in the top 100 and Illinois to stay in the top 50.

That shouldn't be a problem.

Minnesota - @ WI, @ MSU, WI and PSU

Illinois - MSU, @ IA, NW, NE and @ PUR

MN can probably lose their next 3 and beat only PSU and actually improve their RPI. Illinois just has to win their 3 home games and they should stay in the top 50...or close to it. But MSU is going to want revenge this weekend.

LOL...I guess everyone should listen to you.

As for last year...Iowa didn't do as well as I expected and we still made the NCAA. So you may very well be right. It might only take 3 more wins to make the NCAA Tournament. I assume this is what you're suggesting...

What were Windsor's predictions last season? If they were that Iowa would make the tournament, than he nailed it.

Mostly it was ignoring the RPI as a major selection factor, denying that last 10 could be used against Iowa in selection. Claiming that the team was firmly in as they continued to bomb down the stretch (just like this year) and then barely scraping through to the PLAY-IN GAME, which is not making the tournament. Then from there it was mostly talk about VCU and other teams that have gone on from the play in game to actually make the tournament and actually make runs and how Iowa would imitate that. Then they lost again; didn't get to play in the actual tournament; and generally failed in hilarious fashion after being in the Top 10 at one point. The similarities to what Windsor is trying to convince people of right now is really similar to last year. He thinks Iowa is solidly in, everything is pointing to that not being the case at all. Check out today's ESPN Bubble Watch if you need a reality check.

Latest posts