RB Tix Falling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, if you can't buy trusted tickets on stubhub, where can you?

Maybe he is just trying to justify his 2500K ticket purchase?

Agree, if you can't buy trusted tickets on stubhub, where can you?

Maybe he is just trying to justify his 2500K ticket purchase?

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/...cle_84dc1f16-1e2f-5571-875f-50f104c84a92.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12255886/hundreds-super-bowl-tickets-fall-through

It happens...and when things were insane the first 48 to 72 hours following the Iowa Rose announcement, some large companies were worried that something like this was going to happen again.

ok - so i can get Stanford 50 yard lines (section 5 - 4tix) for face (no vig) right now. should i? I'm pretty loud and my 3 buddies are worse. is it worth the hassle?

i was there in 91 - got iowa side good tix at face. coulda got wash side at $25 a pop (also was handed 5 tix for free by a scalper just wanting to go home).

ok - so i can get Stanford 50 yard lines (section 5 - 4tix) for face (no vig) right now. should i? I'm pretty loud and my 3 buddies are worse. is it worth the hassle?

i was there in 91 - got iowa side good tix at face. coulda got wash side at $25 a pop (also was handed 5 tix for free by a scalper just wanting to go home).

do it, make sure you're are completely obnoxious-take pics and recap in this space on Jan 2

This game was going to be sold out with hawk fans. They really screwed the pooch charging so much early. I'm sure thousands of hawk fans were planning on going and changed their mind because once you decide not to do something, it's hard to change your mind back.

stubhub at $160 for EZ nose bleeds (150 face - i think) - but they do offer $80 convenience fees - and some half assed guarantee that you might get the tix before you leave for the game.

As I mentioned earlier there are still "cheapish" flights available with a little searching, a ton of reasonable hotel rooms, and tickets right around face. No brainier.

This game was going to be sold out with hawk fans. They really screwed the pooch charging so much early. I'm sure thousands of hawk fans were planning on going and changed their mind because once you decide not to do something, it's hard to change your mind back.

+2000, if that was possible. i said no early. trying to change my mind - but pretty hard. you hit the nail on the head with human pyschology.

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/...cle_84dc1f16-1e2f-5571-875f-50f104c84a92.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12255886/hundreds-super-bowl-tickets-fa
ll-through

It happens...and when things were insane the first 48 to 72 hours following the Iowa Rose announcement, some large companies were worried that something like this was going to happen again.

I know it's the Rose Bowl, but reading those two articles absolutely leaves me no interest in going on that venture AT ALL! I just don't want the hassle & want to enjoy the game, which I will in my living room watching the HD.

I really didn't have a huge desire to go before, but after reading those horror stories, definitely do not. I'm content.

I know it's the Rose Bowl, but reading those two articles absolutely leaves me no interest in going on that venture AT ALL! I just don't want the hassle & want to enjoy the game, which I will in my living room watching the HD.

I really didn't have a huge desire to go before, but after reading those horror stories, definitely do not. I'm content.

^^this^^

Briefly considered putting the whole thing together myself like I've done with the five other bowls I've been to (Outback x3, Cap-1 x1, Insight x 1)...

....but took one look at all the mayhem and angst and said no thanks.

^^this^^

Briefly considered putting the whole thing together myself like I've done with the five other bowls I've been to (Outback x3, Cap-1 x1, Insight x 1)...

....but took one look at all the mayhem and angst and said no thanks.

I fell sorry for for people with attitudes like this. As some great people have said:

Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.​

Happiness does not come from doing easy work
but from the afterglow of satisfaction
that comes after the achievement of a difficult task
that demanded our best.
-Theodore Isaac Rubin

Happiness does not come from doing easy work
but from the afterglow of satisfaction
that comes after the achievement of a difficult task
that demanded our best.
-Theodore Isaac Rubin

Opportunity is missed by most people
because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
-Thomas A. Edison

I wanted to jump in here. I went back and forth probably about five times of going or not going. Really wanted to make it happen but wasn't going to do one of the "package deals". I also thought about putting my own deal together the Sunday it was announced but then decided against it once I saw tickets started at like $500, then $750, then $1000+. Anyway, I kept my eye on StubHub prices and saw that they started falling quickly. Not really enough to change my mind into going and flights out of DSM were so high. Well, I got lucky on the tickets...sister-in-law was able to get Hawks sideline tix at face $185 through a work vendor. This was confirmed late last week so I was scrambling for transportation now. I ended up getting round trip, direct flight, from KC to LAX plus three nights hotel...price for TWO was around same cost as ONE for the group package deals. Anyway, super excited to be going and looking forward to the game!

People were operating under the assumption that as Iowa fans "we are in this together" in terms of reselling of tix. Not true. Lesson learned.

Also, it's hard to sympathize with people whining bc they way, way overpaid for these tix during that first day or two. The "cheapest" ticket was like $1280 being offered by Prime (with about $200 in fees!!). Staggering that was the ask and more so that some, probably many, paid it. Now you can get a ticket for around or less than just the fee.

If I were someone who paid $6-10 grand-ish for a couple tickets, motel room, and a high five session with Hawkeye fans under an EZ Up tent I'd be pretty ****** off right now.

I'm a free market guy and I think people should be able to charge $1,000,000 if they want, but you can't deny that Prime and all the other related cronies hyped the hell out of this thing and played Hawkeye fans like a fiddle. If you think those agents are sitting in their offices sick to their stomachs over charging people 1,000% more than what the market settled at you're an idiot. They're loving this cash cow all the way to the bank.

So you're telling me that the MSU Rose Bowl and other high-demad BCS games all settled at the ridiculous prices Prime got at the beginning? Just to be clear, I don't have a dog in this fight and I don't care how or what people spend their money on. But call a spade a spade, there was some panic being taken advantage of here.

just like the Hover board wiat the price will eventually fall. If you want to get money sale now. The closer to kick off the lower the price you are not going to want to miss kickoff and eat the full cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts