RB Tix Falling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, how do you go about buying or selling a ticket with another person who is somewhere else. Like here for example.

How do you send the funds and ensure delivery of tickets from a stranger?

I booked a flight for ORD to LAX leaving on 12/31 and in LAX by 5pm. Return Saturday morning and back to ORD by 5pm. $618 before fees, etc. I just booked that 2 days ago. The $688 non-stop flight from CR to LAX on United that someone previously posted is a one way price. Round trip is still over $1100. If you want a "cheap" flight you are going to have to drive to Chicago or St Louis. Glad to see tickets coming down a bit for those that are still trying to find one. I'd love to see as many Hawkeye fans as possible in Pasadena.

Those that have tickets are finding out just how expensive it will be to get there, and there were many more who bought tickets (with no intent on going) and have just put them on the market. Agree that prices will most likely continue to fall some more.

Those that have tickets are finding out just how expensive it will be to get there, and there were many more who bought tickets (with no intent on going) and have just put them on the market. Agree that prices will most likely continue to fall some more.

This!! Anyone who thought those tickets would hold at those early levels honestly got very impatient. I saw what tickets were going from the onset and honestly it was absolutely crazy. The reality is people really needed to wait until all the tickets hit the market to access the real value!

I learned a lesson on this one. Knew we wanted to go to the game early on and booked flights and hotel right away. Then started getting nervous about not getting tickets through our season tickets (everyone on the planet was saying the priority points needed to get tickets through the U of I allotment would be a high number). Saw ticket prices that were astronomical, but paid those prices (not at the top, but close enough) in fear of losing out altogether and being held hostage by huge demand when all of those ticket requests went unfulfilled. I'm not typically someone that wants to make bank off of fellow hawk fans (I've never sold a ticket for more than I paid), but now I feel like I have to charge as much as possible to recoup even a small percentage of my investment in the secondary market tickets we bought up front...and even at that, it feels like someone else is benefitting from my investment in season tickets. I have to think the ticket office could have done a better job of giving us an idea on the priority point cut off sooner...sour grapes, I know.

Since I'm really bad at this, do I sell now, or wait until I'm down there?

At any rate, still pumped about heading out there. Go Hawks!
Sorry you are having trouble. I know someone else in a similar situation.

I couldn't afford to spend the money on the "panic" tickets so I made up my mind that I was just going to go to Des Moines and watch the game with my dad. My sister only got two from the U which wasn't enough for my husband to be included so I was just going to stay home.

Then someone he works with that is from LA said she could get him tickets so she got some at the $150. She claimed she knew people on the RB committee. Who knows if that's crap. She can't seem to tell me where they are so I'll probably be waving at you guys on TV from the Stanford side. Sure hope they are more polite than ISU fans...

The plane tickets were killers but I'm staying with an aunt in Azusa, just east of Pasedena, so saving on hotel. If anyone has any good parties going on or Tailgating before the game let me know and I'll bring the fireball! Hopefully they sell that in California.

They might have some tickets in the $275 range but that's on Stanford side.Just checked and tickets on Iowa side still anywhere between $400-$750.

There are now plenty just over $200 and a ton under $300 each. Not to mention over 90% of season ticket holders that wanted tickets got them at face through the U of I.

So wait you mean I shouldn't have paid $6K for my wife and I for a flight, game tickets and a hotel room for 3 nights?????????

Who knew. A sucker is born everyday. Congrats to whoever was involved selling those packages and pimping about how hard the Rose Bowl ticket was going to be to get over and over and over again. I hope causing a panic and fleecing the Iowa fans was well worth the commission.

There are now plenty just over $200 and a ton under $300 each. Not to mention over 90% of season ticket holders that wanted tickets got them at face through the U of I.

So wait you mean I shouldn't have paid $6K for my wife and I for a flight, game tickets and a hotel room for 3 nights?????????

Who knew. A sucker is born everyday. Congrats to whoever was involved selling those packages and pimping about how hard the Rose Bowl ticket was going to be to get over and over and over again. I hope causing a panic and fleecing the Iowa fans was well worth the commission.

Seriously? I mean common man. I am assuming the tickets in these packages are better than your run of the mill university tickets.

Also these packages are about convenience, they always have been. You will always be able to piecemeal your own flight, hotel, transportation, and ticket for cheaper than these ticket package. Heck these package dealers (or JD at least flat out tell you that). Yet many people don't want to mess with it, have the money to pay for it, and find the price worth it.

I never understand those who look at luxury items and feel like they are "fleecing anyone". So what if you don't want to purchase it, many other do (as I'd bet they are sold out) as JD can attest to. Just because you wouldn't purchase it doesn't mean those who do are getting "fleeced". As a matter of fact those who do purchase things like this usually have more money because they are NOT STUPID. They buy many high end luxury items because they want them, need them, or like them. They don't buy them because they are getting the "best deal". They aren't the Walmart clientele, the Black Friday shoppers....they are a different market than you are probably familiar with.

Last edited:

No. I did the trip for $3000 total for 2. Tickets on goaline 58 rows up. Flights into Palm Springs, 3 star hotel in Glendale, rental car, parade tix, parking pass.

Seriously? I mean common man. I am assuming the tickets in these packages are better than your run of the mill university tickets.

Also these packages are about convenience, they always have been. You will always be able to piecemeal your own flight, hotel, transportation, and ticket for cheaper than these ticket package. Heck these package dealers (or JD at least flat out tell you that). Yet many people don't want to mess with it, have the money to pay for it, and find the price worth it.

I never understand those who look at luxury items and feel like they are "fleecing anyone". So what if you don't want to purchase it, many other do (as I'd bet they are sold out) as JD can attest to. Just because you wouldn't purchase it doesn't mean those who do are getting "fleeced". As a matter of fact those who do purchase things like this usually have more money because they are NOT STUPID. They buy many high end luxury items because they want them, need them, or like them. They don't buy them because they are getting the "best deal". They aren't the Walmart clientele, the Black Friday shoppers....they are a different market than you are probably familiar with.

I have no problem with someone wanting to buy for convenience. NONE. That has happened the last X bowl trips and has been happening at every travel agency for as long as they have been around. We all know you can go to Europe or anywhere for much cheaper if you do the planning on your own that is nothing new and I understand some would rather have a professional take care of the planning for them and pay a fee to do so. I have no problem with that AT ALL. And if it was a true luxury item than brand it as such and move on.

What I do and would have a problem with is if said travel agent on a daily basis said over and over again how demand was at an all time high and that tickets will be hard to come by, will be extremely expensive, find a trusted source, etc. making it seem like paying the overpriced package was your only shot or best shot to get a ticket.

THAT, is what I have a problem with. It's one step above a snake oil salesman. And as the market now is showing turned out to be 100% false.

They might have some tickets in the $275 range but that's on Stanford side.Just checked and tickets on Iowa side still anywhere between $400-$750.
I don't when Stanford distributed their tickets. However when the Iowa allotment is distributed within the next few days and people know the specific seat they can advertise for selling, the price on the Iowa side will fall significantly as well.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I don't when Stanford distributed their tickets. However when the Iowa allotment is distributed within the next few days and people know the specific seat they can advertise for selling, the price on the Iowa side will fall significantly as well.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Everyone knows the section row and seat assigned. If they log into their account on hawkeyesports.com the information is already there. Not sure why anyone would need to wait to find out where seats are exactly. I sold mine yesterday and I won't have in hand until the 21st or 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts