Racism unique to only Iowa within the college ranks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkinarkansas

Something must be wrong at Iowa as no other programs have 40-50 former/current players talking about unfair treatment. There are some isolated incidents of racism, see Clemson, but if it was taking place in the volume alleged at Iowa....other players and their programs would have been emboldened to speak up in my opinion. The silence is truly deafening in this situation.

Something must be wrong at Iowa as no other programs have 40-50 former/current players talking about unfair treatment. There are some isolated incidents of racism, see Clemson, but if it was taking place in the volume alleged at Iowa....other players and their programs would have been emboldened to speak up in my opinion. The silence is truly deafening in this situation.

Iowa fans are unusually white
Iowa graduation rate is low for blacks
Iowa did have an abusive environmentf
Iowa under KF is likely way higher than normal on control.

Abusers have a way of keeping things quiet a long time. Think in terms of sexual harassment on the job. 5 years ago a woman had little real recourse.

Negative motivation is a pretty common tool in coaching. Riding someone's ass to get them going is often part of it. Add some denigrating language to it and you have the beginnings of racism in the coaching staff. It's not trivial. It may have the same underlying intentions as positive motivation but it can lead to a whole set of problems, not to mention a rather sticky situation when you get publicly called on it.

Hard to say if it is better or worse at Iowa. The biggest difference is Doyle and the core of the coaching staff has been at Iowa for 21 years, in some cases longer. The shortcomings of a long lasting program become institutional at some point.

We do not need to worry about, or even compare our current situation to what goes on in other programs. That is their problem. I am very proud of Iowa for taking this on with no excuses. A lot to be done, no doubt. But I am not going to waste my time speculating about how solid our response will be. Proof=pudding.

We do not need to worry about, or even compare our current situation to what goes on in other programs. That is their problem. I am very proud of Iowa for taking this on with no excuses. A lot to be done, no doubt. But I am not going to waste my time speculating about how solid our response will be. Proof=pudding.

I agree. I think Iowa is, so far, handling this in a responsible way. There may be problems at other places. Perhaps Iowa leads the way here.

Yes. Only Iowa is racist.
Right. Jeez people keep up.
Coaches can now only wear clothing approved by the athletes. Even when not at work.
Athletes are allowed to disrespect any flag they choose, but you are not allowed to support whatever one you choose. If you can't get behind that, you need to go be a fan of something else.
We are not supposed to judge or even notice someone's color, but we are white privileged racist.
How dare we? This is an outrage and we should be ashamed and feel guilty.
But stay tuned, because I am sure there will be more. Just like the autonomous Seattle is now demanding the United States give them food, cigarettes and lighters.

Last edited:
So Kirk was an average recruiter at best before this all went down. He's always been a bad game day coach. The one strong area they had was their hard working, extreme disciplined environment he built. Now that is gone. I have a hard time finding any reason to be optimistic about the kind of coach Kirk will be after taking away his strongest attribute. You could say that about most any coach. But with Kirk, it seems like he had one really good attribute and a bunch of average at best ones.

Right. Jeez people keep up.
Coaches can now only wear clothing approved by the athletes. Even when not at work.
Athletes are allowed to disrespect any flag they choose, but you are not allowed to support whatever one you choose. If you can't get behind that, you need to go be a fan of something else.
We are not supposed to judge or even notice someone's color, because if we do we are white privileged racist.
How dare we? This is an outrage and we should be ashamed and feel guilty.
But stay tuned, because I am sure there will be more. Just like the autonomous Seattle is now demanding the United States give them food, cigarettes and lighters.

4thngoal, I am confused. Didn’t you say on an earlier thread on this site that you were going to quit posting? Maybe that wasn’t you, and if not then I apologize, but I am too lazy to look.

If it was you, then I guess you are just a troll, which is what I thought when I saw that other thread you were filibustering on.

Nice reply, HuckFinn. No crying about the injustices being brought out like some on this board.

KF and Barta say they will correct it and didn’t try to cover up or deny it. They said they would learn and improve from it. Amazing how parents of players, past and present, seem to be willing to let them try to do just that.

Trust is earned when you can be honest and sincere about your shortcomings, and you own up to your responsibilities and give your word you will do better. Of course, your word has to mean something for people to be willing to trust you.

4thngoal, I am confused. Didn’t you say on an earlier thread on this site that you were going to quit posting? Maybe that wasn’t you, and if not then I apologize, but I am too lazy to look.

If it was you, then I guess you are just a troll, which is what I thought when I saw that other thread you were filibustering on.

Oh I am done with a lot of things. The truth however will never be one of them. Nor will be trying to get people to understand that the truth doesn't give a crap what your opinion is. You don't get to decide and make up the truth as you go. You may learn, you may change your mind, but the truth was always the truth regardless.
I have been around here for a long time and after a few years of not being around, I was around for a long time before that under a different name.
I'm struggling to let something go that I loved. It's not the changing, because everything changes. It's the fact that I don't care what fox news says, I don't care what CNN says, I don't care what a bunch of women on the view say, I don't care what the Kardashians say, I don't care what a lot of people say. Because I don't need convinced. I've been out there, I have seen it, lived in it. All I wanted to do was go to and watch football. I've been taking away people's stages and platforms in my life for many years. Not because I don't care, but because they don't. What they care about is them and their opinions and message, what they want. Now college football has thrown it's hat in the ring with opinions and arguments and statements about things just like everyone else.
Best way to describe it is you have one friend that is far extreme left (I have many) you have one friend that is far extreme right (again I have many). You however are right in the middle. It doesn't matter which you hang out with, you are only going to be able to take so much. College football was in the middle with me and it's not anymore.
You know, I have known my wife since we were kids. She has changed. I'm ok with that. I still adore her. But she isn't trying to cram shit down my throat and convince me of things, then expecting me to pay her for it all while not giving a shit what I have to say or how I feel.
I don't expect a marriage type relationship with people or entities such as football, but I do expect to not be force fed while paying for it. That's why I don't have cable TV or watch the news. That's why my conversations with selfish close minded people are brief if at all. Because again, I don't need convinced.

Last edited:
Oh and I don't give a shit what an NFL player making millions has to say or how he feels because someone said mean words to him. It doesn't matter if he is black, white, purple or orange.
Bitch please, you pay me millions and you can call me cracker all day long every day for 4 years. Be no different than any white boy living in a black community. I can get that right in any city in this country. Obviously nobody has ever talked to anyone who has been in boot camp. They talk to you mean too. Boo hoo. Except you get paid shit and have people trying to shoot you and blow you up. Then you get to watch the NFL player take a knee for the flag and anthem. Because he is exercising his rights while making millions for playing a game and those rights were granted to him by a guy who also got mean words said to him, and was in a place where an entire country wanted him dead, while making 20-50 thousand a year.
Jesus. This country is in the shitter with this new generation.
There now everyone go back to your safe space. The mean guy is done talking now.

Last edited:

Definitely not unique to Iowa, but a program like Iowa sets itself up to be a target. When you are an overachieving program being competitive with 2-3 star recruits, you have to be extremely disciplined and militaristic in your prep. If you are rolling out 5* recruits Like Ohio state or Clemson, you can have a lose, free for all program and still win. The margin for error at Iowa for winning is so slim. Inches.

So a highly disciplined program recruiting players who are probably good dudes, but don’t come from structured environments are going to struggle.

Oh I am done with a lot of things. The truth however will never be one of them. Nor will be trying to get people to understand that the truth doesn't give a crap what your opinion is. You don't get to decide and make up the truth as you go. You may learn, you may change your mind, but the truth was always the truth regardless.
I have been around here for a long time and after a few years of not being around, I was around for a long time before that under a different name.
I'm struggling to let something go that I loved. It's not the changing, because everything changes. It's the fact that I don't care what fox news says, I don't care what CNN says, I don't care what a bunch of women on the view say, I don't care what the Kardashians say, I don't care what a lot of people say. Because I don't need convinced. I've been out there, I have seen it, lived in it. All I wanted to do was go to and watch football. I've been taking away people's stages and platforms in my life for many years. Not because I don't care, but because they don't. What they care about is them and their opinions and message, what they want. Now college football has thrown it's hat in the ring with opinions and arguments and statements about things just like everyone else.
Best way to describe it is you have one friend that is far extreme left (I have many) you have one friend that is far extreme right (again I have many). You however are right in the middle. It doesn't matter which you hang out with, you are only going to be able to take so much. College football was in the middle with me and it's not anymore.
You know, I have known my wife since we were kids. She has changed. I'm ok with that. I still adore her. But she isn't trying to cram shit down my throat and convince me of things, then expecting me to pay her for it all while not giving a shit what I have to say or how I feel.
I don't expect a marriage type relationship with people or entities such as football, but I do expect to not be force fed while paying for it. That's why I don't have cable TV or watch the news. That's why my conversations with selfish close minded people are brief if at all. Because again, I don't need convinced.

About your wife and cramming. If you were being abusive and not listening what should she go? Leave? Put up with it til you are ready to change? Cram it down your throat...pushing you to change? The program was abusive.

There is going to be more and more of this. Current situations at Texas and Okie State... Clemson. When players start kneeling this fall, we'll hash it all out again.

Bitch please, you pay me millions and you can call me cracker all day long every day for 4 years. Be no different than any white boy living in a black community.
You were the wet blanket last football season claiming that you had developed a secret betting "system" where you would always end up ahead long run.

Why don't you use that to make millions instead of being called cracker?

I'm kind of surprised you're still posting here too. Not because you said you were leaving and then came waddling back like they all do, but because I figured that--with you being such a smart guy and all--you'd have made some serious bank with your fool-proof system and started selling your tips for a bunch of money. I mean, there are a bunch of sharps who don't have nearly the success you do who make millions in income just by doing that online. With your savant-level skill that you said you have (way over the 2ish% that other sharps make) the sky's the limit. I can quote you on your claims for a refresher if you forgot about it.

I know there's no sports on right now, but surely you took advantage of your unique abilities and at the very least bought yourself some new appliances to replace the broken ones before covid hit...

There is going to be more and more of this. Current situations at Texas and Okie State... Clemson. When players start kneeling this fall, we'll hash it all out again.
College sports have crossed over into a whole new dimension.

Coaches aren't in charge anymore; the players are. And there's a contingent of 65 year old white guys who've donated piles of money to football and basketball programs who can't accept it. A whole bunch of them here on HN. They feel like they have ownership rights to programs and players' actions, and still want to believe its 1987.

You were the wet blanket last football season claiming that you had developed a secret betting "system" where you would always end up ahead long run.

Why don't you use that to make millions instead of being called cracker?

I'm kind of surprised you're still posting here too. Not because you said you were leaving and then came waddling back like they all do, but because I figured that--with you being such a smart guy and all--you'd have made some serious bank with your fool-proof system and started selling your tips for a bunch of money. I mean, there are a bunch of sharps who don't have nearly the success you do who make millions in income just by doing that online. With your savant-level skill that you said you have (way over the 2ish% that other sharps make) the sky's the limit. I can quote you on your claims for a refresher if you forgot about it.

I know there's no sports on right now, but surely you took advantage of your unique abilities and at the very least bought yourself some new appliances to replace the broken ones before covid hit...
Bet my average was higher than yours. :)

But of course you can't be done with the constant barrage of bullshit you've been spouting the past few days. How are you not exhausted? Its giving me a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts