Question For Ferentz Haters

CJ was the difference yesterday. CJ has a much Confidence, a quicker release, poise and best of all a cannon for an arm. The biggest play of the game yesterday was a play JR couldn't make or atleast shown he can't make. The big 3rd down play in 4th in which Pittsburgh brought some pressure and CJ was able to stay poised, take the hit and deliver a strike. Result was 1st down Iowa and rest is history, 24-20 Iowa!

Exactly right. That play alone illustrates the difference between the two quarterbacks.

IF this is the case...there are ten guys on the O side of the ball that need to be replaced.

Someone made the comment to me that Powell seemed to make "extra" effort on the one-handed catch and "probably" wouldn't have done it for a JR-thrown ball. Really?

If that is the case, I don't WANT someone like that on the team. 100% every play.

That said, there was definitely a difference when CJB entered the game. As long as both he and JR are healthy, I feel fine about the team's prospects.

After all, one COULD argue the play from CJB to Powell was as much on the Pitt D and their coordinators. Did they REALLY think we'd go into a cocoon because starting QB got hurt, especially down 10 points?

Get real man. Have you ever played any sport in your life? This post leads me to believe not. Sports, football in particular is an emotional game with an incredible amount of human element. These are 18-21 year old kids. Right or wrong, politics are part of team sports and I guarantee you there are a great deal of kids on that offense that felt like they were being handcuffed. When you get a shot of adrenaline of having a QB you think should be in the game come in, it's natural to have a burst and extra "pep in your step". It was noticed the moment CJ came out. Frankly, i would bet kids on that team, nor I give a **** if an old man doesn't "WANT someone like that on the team." Get a clue.

"Just a simple question for those who think they know football better than those who actually get paid to coach it."

If you do not enjoy opinions that do not match up with your own then message boards are not for you. I have been on the Ferentz bandwagon from day one, in fact I have been on here advocating that we better be careful of what we wish for and used the Iowa basketball program as a reference. But honestly I am getting tired of Iowa playing down to competition and not willing to kick the snot out of a FCS team just because of respect for the coach. I think people are justified for grumbling about this coaching staff, obviously today's game has passed on Greg Davis a long time ago and Ferentz sticks by him and talks him up like he is some kind of offensive genius. As a Hawk fan I hope this staff proves me wrong, but in the meantime everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

CJ was the difference yesterday. CJ has a much Confidence, a quicker release, poise and best of all a cannon for an arm. The biggest play of the game yesterday was a play JR couldn't make or atleast shown he can't make. The big 3rd down play in 4th in which Pittsburgh brought some pressure and CJ was able to stay poised, take the hit and deliver a strike. Result was 1st down Iowa and rest is history, 24-20 Iowa!

That play was huge....

And perfectly thrown, leading Ray just right....

Lot of poise for CJ.....

:rolleyes:

That play was huge....

And perfectly thrown, leading Ray just right....

CJ showed a lot of poise on that play.....

:rolleyes:

Nobody hates Ferentz, we just realize almost any other coach in the country would have us at 4-0 right now. The game has passed Kirk by, it's time to stop settling for 8-4.

This comment is unfair and off the mark. JR has proven and made throws in these situations. The difference is CJ made is with all arm strength while falling back (and slightly side arm); while, JR steps into the throw (to put he needed zip on the ball) and takes the hit. Both QB's can/have made that play.

<<The biggest play...he can't make>>

2013 NW O/T just called. Review results please, NW not happy with final record.

KF plays the long term percentages and he is not going to change his ways overnight. Although that could be an acceptable strategy in the NFL with a team of seasoned veterans, the college football game is full of emotion, momentum, and countless intangibles, and the most puzzling part about his approach is his desire to play games close. Well, in my mind, that equates to a .500 strategy, and to no thinking person's surprise that is what he has produced.

I would like to believe he is capable of changing but I have my doubts given his inability to adapt in previous seasons. I fully understand his discomfort with anything new (JC v. Stanzi, CJB v. JR, loss of Norm Parker, loss of KOK, hire of GD, etc.) but unless he can demonstrate he is capable of adapting successfully, he is not a good fit for any big-time college program. I know that might sound very harsh to some but if you think about it, he really fits better in the NFL, just not as a head coach.

Is that considered "hate" by the OP? I'm sure it could be construed as such, unfortunately it is the sad truth.

Get real man. Have you ever played any sport in your life? This post leads me to believe not. Sports, football in particular is an emotional game with an incredible amount of human element. These are 18-21 year old kids. Right or wrong, politics are part of team sports and I guarantee you there are a great deal of kids on that offense that felt like they were being handcuffed. When you get a shot of adrenaline of having a QB you think should be in the game come in, it's natural to have a burst and extra "pep in your step". It was noticed the moment CJ came out. Frankly, i would bet kids on that team, nor I give a **** if an old man doesn't "WANT someone like that on the team." Get a clue.

Dude, I was playing sports while you were still crapping your diapers. Okay, correction, I wasn't playing sports last month.

YES, I played sports. NO, I don't want fickle players who "favor" one teammate over another. This isn't the NBA, sport.

If you REALLY believe it created "extra pep", you, by extension, players SHOULD take a play or two off if they don't like who else is on the field or what play is called.

Seriously?

Dude, I was playing sports while you were still crapping your diapers. Okay, correction, I wasn't playing sports last month.

YES, I played sports. NO, I don't want fickle players who "favor" one teammate over another. This isn't the NBA, sport.

If you REALLY believe it created "extra pep", you, by extension, players SHOULD take a play or two off if they don't like who else is on the field or what play is called.

Seriously?

Sounds like you didn't watch the game yesterday. Anyone can tell the players would rather have CJ out there. Jake just isn't a quality B10 QB. And no one gives a **** if you were playing sports back in the 1950's.

Seriously?

If you don't think college players rallying around another player is common, then you are more out of touch than Kurt.

If you don't think college players rallying around another player is common, then you are more out of touch than Kurt.

This shouldn't even be questioned by anyone that claims they have played sports. When we were little and teams were picked, you knew exactly who you wanted to be playing with and which side had the better "team" after the sides were chosen. It's in a competitor's subconscious and it cannot be dismissed.
Who would you rather play with: Joe Montana or Seneca Wallace? One gives you a significantly better chance of victory. You certainly wouldn't line up next to Seneca Wallace and expect to beat the team that has Joe Montana.
Players know who gives them the best chance to win and that shows up on the field. For better or worse. Especially in amateur sports.

This shouldn't even be questioned by anyone that claims they have played sports. When we were little and teams were picked, you knew exactly who you wanted to be playing with and which side had the better "team" after the sides were chosen. It's in a competitor's subconscious and it cannot be dismissed.
Who would you rather play with: Joe Montana or Seneca Wallace? One gives you a significantly better chance of victory. You certainly wouldn't line up next to Seneca Wallace and expect to beat the team that has Joe Montana.
Players know who gives them the best chance to win and that shows up on the field. For better or worse. Especially in amateur sports.

I don't see how anyone can dismiss that. It would be the same thing as saying home field isn't an advantage because teams play with the same intensity at home as they do on the road.

I don't see how anyone can dismiss that. It would be the same thing as saying home field isn't an advantage because teams play with the same intensity at home as they do on the road.

Bob has always been utterly clueless. Why would he change now?

"Just a simple question for those who think they know football better than those who actually get paid to coach it."

If you do not enjoy opinions that do not match up with your own then message boards are not for you. I have been on the Ferentz bandwagon from day one, in fact I have been on here advocating that we better be careful of what we wish for and used the Iowa basketball program as a reference. But honestly I am getting tired of Iowa playing down to competition and not willing to kick the snot out of a FCS team just because of respect for the coach. I think people are justified for grumbling about this coaching staff, obviously today's game has passed on Greg Davis a long time ago and Ferentz sticks by him and talks him up like he is some kind of offensive genius. As a Hawk fan I hope this staff proves me wrong, but in the meantime everyone is entitled to their own opinion.[/QUOTE

I agree 100% with you. I am not on here to argue with those who don't like Ferentz in an attempt to change their stance. I just get a little tired of people riding their emotions after every game. I myself like to wait until the end of the season before I judge the coach's performance. I do not consider myself a Ferentz lover or a hater, if at the end of the season we are anything less than 6-6 I will be calling for his seat to be vacated I just don't want to look foolish by calling for Ferentz to fired after one loss and then we turn and go 11-1.

And no the job should not just be handed to CJ after just one game. People forget that Jake can play too. They forget about Jake to CJF against Northwestern and refuse to acknowledge his play against UNI on that game-clinching drive.

Latest posts