Question For Ferentz Haters

Would you stop embarrassing the name "Sparky". Ask Jon if you can change it, please.

I just think people are drinking too much of the CJ koolaid with a very small sample size. If he continues his performance trust me I'll be right next you chanting CJ for Heisman.

I just think people are drinking too much of the CJ koolaid with a very small sample size. If he continues his performance trust me I'll be right next you chanting CJ for Heisman.

So you and kirk are in agreement....wouldnt want anyone getting excited about Iowa football.

Give me a break with the "one guy bringing him down" crap. Weisman goes down after running into the back of his own O-line.

You seriously think Bullock is a better running back than Weisman?

Bullock's 22 yards on 12 carries against that powerful defense of Iowa State's proves it. He missed the cut lane every time he carried the ball against ISU.

Watch the Pitt film and tell me how many times Weisman went down on the first hit.
Bullock hasn't broke a tackle all year.

You seriously think Bullock is a better running back than Weisman?

Bullock's 22 yards on 12 carries against that powerful defense of Iowa State's proves it. He missed the cut lane every time he carried the ball against ISU.

Watch the Pitt film and tell me how many times Weisman went down on the first hit.
Bullock hasn't broke a tackle all year.

You need to work on reading comprehension. I never said anything about Bullock being better than Weisman.

I meant that using the theory that he gets taken down after one hit is stupid since Weisman is the same way.

Bullock is a worse for a lot of other reasons.

Halftime adjustments have not exactly been our strong suit this season, so I would say it is more likely the qb play.

You lost me with the Bullock 3rd down stuff. We do not need to use 4 backs and Bullock should be the 4th man out. I have seen enough of one guy bring him down and him missing the cut lanes. Put him on special teams or maybe move him to Full back.

Bullock does well out of the backfield, but Canzeri could certainly take those, as he has shown well thus far.

I was around the other message board that Jon and Rob used to run together. Almost everyone on that board knew that Stanzi should have been playing instead of JC. We heard the same nonsense from a few of the die hard "support the coach" fans, back then. "I think KF knows more than some message board arm chair QB". Guess what? You were wrong then and so was KF. Pardon us all if we don't put any stock in the "KF knows better" opinions. It has been proven in the past that he doesn't always know better.

Great quarterbacking is like obscenity. Hard to define, but you know it when you see it.

I saw it yesterday in the second half. That kid was in total control. The team knew it. You could tell they knew it. Does Kurt know it?

Once again, I have to agree with Thunder. I saw the same thing.

I agree, but will he get the opportunity? That seems to be the $64,000 question.

I personally don't care who starts, although in my opinion CJ did earn the right. I think, if healthy, both qbs should get significant snaps and both should get multiple series, with the most effective qb getting more. To not give CJ at least the opportunity to continue to stay hot would be pretty undefendable, regardless if Jake starts and plays well.

Both qbs have shown ability and different strengths. I like JR and the guy was a gamer last year...that said, the O has struggled other than about 5 drives in the first 3 games, and the 2nd half last week. That could be due to many things.

Both QBs should play. The hot hand plays more.

Tons of room for improvement everywhere, including the game plan, coaching, personnel, execution, etc.

Just win this week and "clean up some things" the following two weeks in practice.

Win 8+ games, beat nebby, anything above that is a bonus. Anything less than 8 wins this year would be a disappointment this year.

Win this week and show improvement this week.

First off all I'll say that Beathard played one heck of a play and that there officially is a quarterback controversy in Iowa City. I don't agree with those who say that if Rudock was playing the second half that we would have been blown out of the house mainly because Rudock barely had the ball enough to make anything happen in the 2nd quarter because our defense couldn't get off the field.

Finally my question to all your lovable Ferentz haters (said in a sarcastic tone). Do you think any halftime adjustments were made and possibly could've been a major reason why the second half was all Iowa? Or was it the sudden and enlightening appearance of Beathard as he leapt onto the field while Kirk tried to hold him back?

Just a simple question for those who think they know football better than those who actually get paid to coach it.

For all of you Ferentz haters, I will go with the basketball comparison at Iowa. Do you want Lickliter?

For all of you Ferentz haters, I will go with the basketball comparison at Iowa. Do you want Lickliter?

I hate when people do this. What do you think? Do you think people want Lickliter? Of course not.

Do you want Ferentz who continues to lose to some of the worst teams in college football, is a joke with clock management, and is proven to not play the best players?

Kirk is never going to give iowa that shot at a NC which is what teams should strive for. Kirk can't even beat ISU a majority of the time.

Dude, Ferentz already is Lickliter for football. Staunch D, ball and field position control offense designed to limit the other team's opportunities instead of scoring lots of points.

I love "doesn't play the best players" line. That's a classic. Or the "doesn't play young players". Another classic

Prior to last weekend, Jake Ruddock didn't have anything to worry about regarding his starting position as QB.
Prior to last weekend, Beathard had only played in mop-up duty or when Jake was injured, but Iowa already had a lead in those situations. The exception was the Outback bowl.

Beathard has now orchestrated a comeback win. On the road. If that doesn't light a fire under Jake Ruddock to step up his performance then nothing will. Hopefully we see a better Jake Ruddock because he can see that CJ is nipping at his heals. If not, we will have a new starting QB by season's end.

You need to work on reading comprehension. I never said anything about Bullock being better than Weisman.

I meant that using the theory that he gets taken down after one hit is stupid since Weisman is the same way.

Bullock is a worse for a lot of other reasons.

There are certainly issues with continually trying to run MW East & West, but you completely lost all credibility with that comment.

Latest posts