PURDUE GAME THREAD

This was quite an S-Show. Baldy from PU really owns Iowa. He out hustles every iowa player. All the O rebounds and hard play gave PU at least 15 more points than they would have had. And on the D - side - he was always in the face of the player with the ball - or boxing out for a RB.
Other than that - Fran was out coached.

This was quite an S-Show. Baldy from PU really owns Iowa. He out hustles every iowa player. All the O rebounds and hard play gave PU at least 15 more points than they would have had. And on the D - side - he was always in the face of the player with the ball - or boxing out for a RB.
Other than that - Fran was out coached.
That and it seemed like every single ball bounced exactly to the one guy that had a chance at the rebound. The amount of bad bounces we got was off the charts. The effort was bad, but I really think the bad bounces made the effort look even worse than it really was.

That and it seemed like every single ball bounced exactly to the one guy that had a chance at the rebound. The amount of bad bounces we got was off the charts. The effort was bad, but I really think the bad bounces made the effort look even worse than it really was.
It's called anticipation.

There's a reason that 50/50 bounces always seem to bounce to certain people.

Think Nick Baer had a little value in that regard?

I hope people remember games like this next year when they’re complaining about Fran playing too many guys. Because of suspensions, foul trouble, poor play and injuries we have been a 6 to 7 man rotation most of the season. These guys are physically and mentally exhausted IMO. I’m just happy to be an NCAA lock.

Side Note - The NCAA will be easier than conference play. The teams won’t be as good and they won’t know us as well from film as actually playing us once or twice every year.

F*ck Fryowa!!! I gave him the benefit of doubt and he started his sh*t with me once again. He is blocked by me until his grave.
All you have to do is “Show Ignored Content.” The thread is displayed but when you open it his posts are still hidden.

I hope people remember games like this next year when they’re complaining about Fran playing too many guys. Because of suspensions, foul trouble, poor play and injuries we have been a 6 to 7 man rotation most of the season. These guys are physically and mentally exhausted IMO. I’m just happy to be an NCAA lock.

Side Note - The NCAA will be easier than conference play. The teams won’t be as good and they won’t know us as well from film as actually playing us once or twice every year.

Not as good but loaded with players with something to prove and great anticipation going against slow perimeter players...like the Hawk killer Purdue guy.

Ridiculous take. It isn’t because of suspensions and poor play that we’ve had a small lineup, it’s because beyond our starters the team sucks.

This team doesn’t have the depth to expand the rotation. Playing 8-9 guys with this squad would lose games by 20. That’s the whole problem with this team is that Fran can’t put a squad together that more than 6 players deep in any given year.

What are you gonna do, throw Baer, Ash, and Hobbs out there next year, lol? Yeeaahhhhh...that’ll work.

This tired excuse seems to get thrown around a LOT, that's the same excuse the announcers were using in the Rutgers/Maryland game. They said the Maryland players were tired.

When you are winning the team looks energized, when you're losing you look tired.

It's called anticipation.

There's a reason that 50/50 bounces always seem to bounce to certain people.

Think Nick Baer had a little value in that regard?

Oh course that's part of it. Those are easy to see and I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about the strange bounce rebounds that kept going to them, like they kept going to us when we played Maryland at home. The first half was a huge energy problem. The second half was better but not good. That way the main problem by far. But so many random bounces going their way hurt too and was equally frustrating to watch.

Games like last night are the reason I hate season so many posts about this being Fran's best season or most enjoyable season before the season is over. The whole time reading those all I could think about is Fran has already had 3 seasons better than this one with this many games left in the season. Gotta wait for the whole season to play out before we can call it the best. Now they have to win Sunday for it to be the best regular season in my mind.

We didn't lose because of the refs, but you would have thought it was Purdue's senior night. We didn't get the home whistle last night.

Oh no, I won't go THAT far and blame the refs. But the refs did have a hand in the huge rebounding advantage Purdue had in the first half. I seen a couple of Iowa players go flying from Purdue's big men shoving.

Purdue came in with a very good game plan, they jammed everything inside, were very effective with their double teams, and dared Iowa to beat them on the perimeter. I'm surprised Evelyn and Connor didn't bend the rim from all those bricks they kept throwing up.

Latest posts