PROJECT 2025

Re "Expanding states rights as it applies to healthcare": in the United States of America, why in God's name should my ability to access decent health care depend on the state I by chance happened to be born in?
It doesn't sound like it will change the ability to access health care. It's more about reducing mandates from the fed from what I read.

Nah, man. We're beyond two sides to the story bullshit take. If you're with Trump, you're ignorant or an idiot. He's a vile POS who surrounds himself with the same.

I get being for some of his policy even if I don't agree with it. I had Catholicism forced on me when I was a kid and found it to be mostly bullshit.

But I obviously have family members who feel differently about that religion. So, I get the one or two policy voters. My mother told me the other day that she can't go into NYC anymore because people get raped. I don't think she's pulling the tab for Kamala.

Just say you're voting for him in hopes of a nation-wide abortion ban or whatever right you want him to take away from people. You'll ignore the bi-partisan border deal that Trumpers helped block so you can The Donald will save you from the "migrants" as my mother calls them.

I'm sure plenty of you out there are good with the Handmaid's Tale.

Lastly, I've read enough of PC's posts to know he's either ignorant or an idiot. He claims the latter.
Can we trade moms?

I'm a firm believer that if Trump put a D next to his name and Biden put an R next to his name tomorrow, the media would exaggerate every bad story about Biden and sweep under the rug every bad story about Trump. Me saying that has nothing to do with Biden or Trump. It's because of Rs and Ds. All the people that think Trump is a terrible person and Biden is a good person would change their minds fast.

They would stop hearing about very fine people and grab her by the pussy and start hearing about if you don't vote for me you ain't black, showering with his daughter, laundering money through Ukraine, and I don't want my kids to grow up in a racial jungle.

Since most people here haven't met Biden or Trump, 100% of their opinions of them are through the grapevine of how other people cover them. The media completely ignores that Biden was forced out of the presidential race in the 80s because he was a compulsive liar. It's literally never talked about anymore. The funny thing about Rob is he's in the media. He knows damn well how left leaning it is. But it doesn't even dawn on him that they are full of shit

Last edited:
If anyone has ever seen the documentary What is a Woman, Matt Walsh just put out another one called Am I Racist. Probably going to be equally as good.

I'm a firm believer that if Trump put a D next to his name and Biden put an R next to his name tomorrow, the media would exaggerate every bad story about Biden and sweep under the rug every bad story about Trump. Me saying that has nothing to do with Biden or Trump. It's because of Rs and Ds. All the people that think Trump is a terrible person and Biden is a good person would change their minds fast.

They would stop hearing about very fine people and grab her by the pussy and start hearing about if you don't vote for me you ain't black, showering with his daughter, laundering money through Ukraine, and I don't want my kids to grow up in a racial jungle.

Since most people here haven't met Biden or Trump, 100% of their opinions of them are through the grapevine of how other people cover them. The media completely ignores that Biden was forced out of the presidential race in the 80s because he was a compulsive liar. It's literally never talked about anymore. The funny thing about Rob is he's in the media. He knows damn well how left leaning it is. But it doesn't even dawn on him that they are full of shit

What does it matter? Trump got 4 years as president and it looks like he will get 4 more years. Why do you need to rally the troops at this point?

Matt Walsh is another POS along with Ben Shapiro, Steve Deace, Jason Whitlock and the like.

More balance for you poor grieving individuals

And, with that, I'm (mostly) out. I'll continue posting factual resources here for folks if I get the itch.

Getting busy with work again. Have stopped most of this activity on Twitter, but the separation has been slower here. I've tried. I guess I just love you all too much. We can't help who we are.

Peace

Not sure why I would dip my toes in this pond, but sadly threads such as this - as a microcosm - remind me of everything that is wrong with this country right now.

People have passionately and stubbornly dug their heals in to such a degree, that the concept of meaningful discourse and well thought out compromise seems to have gone the way of the mastodon.

What has happened to common sense and, even more importantly, civility? The vast majority of elected representatives are very intelligent people, but they have become so blinded by their emotions and fervent partisanship that they blurt out "facts" that at times are so blatantly wrong, or wildly taken out of context, that they make themselves look completely ridiculous. I would expect that behavior from their extreme right or left constituents. but there was a time where elected leaders were expected to be the voice of reason, not a sounding board for the 1% of nuts they represent.

There are countless examples on both sides. A recent interview with Nancy Pelosi comes to mind where she made the assertion that (to paraphrase), "More people lost their jobs under Donald Trump than any president in history," to which the interviewer responded (appropriately), "But that was during a worldwide pandemic." Pelosi looked stunned that any reporter outside of Fox would even try to put that statement into context and accused her of being a "Trump apologist." Now, I'm not a fan of Pelosi, but I have a hard time believing that she's, a. That stupid, or, b. Naïve enough to think that viewers in their right minds can't see through her obvious agenda there.

I'm not a Trump fan at all. Didn't vote for him and won't vote for him. That said, I am very much a fan of objectivity, common sense and rational thinking, and can't help but roll my eyes at some of the "derangement" stuff repeatedly thrown out there; the assertions that he promoted injecting bleach, or that he said it would be a "bloodbath" if he's not elected (he was referencing an impact on import care sales), or the irrational rants that he's going to become a dictator for life and throw everyone that opposes him in his versions of gulags'. I especially found it amusing when "The View" hosts (in complete seriousness) expressed worry that he was going to take them off the air...

To be clear, I'm not picking on one side here. I find several Republicans to be just as reprehensible and embarrassing - Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, Chip Roy, Lindsay Graham, just to name a few.

Hopefully, at some point we will see leadership from a rational common-sense electorate but I'm not holding my breath...

Sorry for the prolonged post.

Matt Walsh is another POS along with Ben Shapiro, Steve Deace, Jason Whitlock and the like.

More balance for you poor grieving individuals

Not sure why I would dip my toes in this pond, but sadly threads such as this - as a microcosm - remind me of everything that is wrong with this country right now.

People have passionately and stubbornly dug their heals in to such a degree, that the concept of meaningful discourse and well thought out compromise seems to have gone the way of the mastodon.

What has happened to common sense and, even more importantly, civility? The vast majority of elected representatives are very intelligent people, but they have become so blinded by their emotions and fervent partisanship that they blurt out "facts" that at times are so blatantly wrong, or wildly taken out of context, that they make themselves look completely ridiculous. I would expect that behavior from their extreme right or left constituents. but there was a time where elected leaders were expected to be the voice of reason, not a sounding board for the 1% of nuts they represent.

There are countless examples on both sides. A recent interview with Nancy Pelosi comes to mind where she made the assertion that (to paraphrase), "More people lost their jobs under Donald Trump than any president in history," to which the interviewer responded (appropriately), "But that was during a worldwide pandemic." Pelosi looked stunned that any reporter outside of Fox would even try to put that statement into context and accused her of being a "Trump apologist." Now, I'm not a fan of Pelosi, but I have a hard time believing that she's, a. That stupid, or, b. Naïve enough to think that viewers in their right minds can't see through her obvious agenda there.

I'm not a Trump fan at all. Didn't vote for him and won't vote for him. That said, I am very much a fan of objectivity, common sense and rational thinking, and can't help but roll my eyes at some of the "derangement" stuff repeatedly thrown out there; the assertions that he promoted injecting bleach, or that he said it would be a "bloodbath" if he's not elected (he was referencing an impact on import care sales), or the irrational rants that he's going to become a dictator for life and throw everyone that opposes him in his versions of gulags'. I especially found it amusing when "The View" hosts (in complete seriousness) expressed worry that he was going to take them off the air...

To be clear, I'm not picking on one side here. I find several Republicans to be just as reprehensible and embarrassing - Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Gaetz, Chip Roy, Lindsay Graham, just to name a few.

Hopefully, at some point we will see leadership from a rational common-sense electorate but I'm not holding my breath...

Good read. People are bat chit crazy on both sides and the the span between both sides is as wide as it has ever been. This is the reason they can't work together in government. They just battle each other because either is too proud to agree with each other. It's destructive and expensive.

Man the left is full of angry victims.

Sooooo, it looks like OK4P will tap out. I guess you are in charge of rallying the Right on this board. We will likely be getting 4 more years of a 77 year old Trump, so you should be stoked.

At an April 23 press briefing, President Donald Trump mused about the possibility of using “very powerful light” and injecting disinfectant into the body to kill COVID-19 – a suggestion that, in the case of disinfectant, was roundly criticized by experts as dangerous. A day later, he said he was being “sarcastic.”

There’s no clear indication in his remarks that Trump was joking, either in his initial comment or when he returned to the topic later in the briefing. But we’ll leave it for readers to judge.

Basic problem is how easily tRUMP's statements are taken as The Gospel Truth by his flock of sycophants

Lickspittle is an interesting word:

Contemptible, fawning person

a person who praises and tries to please people in authority, usually in order to get some advantage from them:

Last edited:
Sooooo, it looks like OK4P will tap out. I guess you are in charge of rallying the Right on this board. We will likely be getting 4 more years of a 77 year old Trump, so you should be stoked.
The rallying of the right is 4 years too late. It really doesn't matter anymore. People like to say "we need to close the boarders now". It's well past that doing any good. It took 19 people to do 9/11. Whoever they wanted in here is already here. Best case scenario they are just using them for votes and there will never be a republican winner again. Worst case scenario they brought in people for far worse reasons.

And just so we're clear. It wasn't democrats who did this. It just so happens that the president they could control enough to get it done happens to be a Democrat. But there are plenty of politicians on both sides that let it happen.

Good post.

... Donald Trump mused about the possibility of using “very powerful light” and injecting disinfectant into the body to kill COVID-19 – a suggestion that, in the case of disinfectant, was roundly criticized by experts as dangerous. A day later, he said he was being “sarcastic.”

There’s no clear indication in his remarks that Trump was joking, either in his initial comment or when he returned to the topic later in the briefing. But we’ll leave it for readers to judge....
To be fair and objective, lets look at the exact words here, and put it in the context of what at the time was a scientific community scrambling with ideas on how to best manage the virus during a nationwide panic (six weeks into the pandemic).

Trump had invited William Bryan, undersecretary for science and technology at the DHS, to comment on technologies that seem to be effective on the virus on inanimate surfaces, such as UV light and disinfectants. After Bryan's presentation, Trump tried, albeit awkwardly, to extrapolate the technology to treating the infected body.

Here are his EXACT words:

,,,"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light.

(now turning to Bryan) "And I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it
(the virus) does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Again, not a Trump fan, but the incessant negative spin that the media puts on anything he says is getting old. Even during that specific press conference, after there was a long discussion about how UV light and heat can eradicate the virus, a reporter with an obvious agenda asked something to the effect whether Trump's insinuation that sick people in Florida should go outside in the heat was a safe thing to propose? That of course, is not even close to what he actually said.

Trump is a self-obsessed megalomaniac that can't get out of his own way, but promoting wildly spun and/or out-of-context narratives is not a fair or intelligent way to go after him.

To be fair and objective, lets look at the exact words here, and put it in the context of what at the time was a scientific community scrambling with ideas on how to best manage the virus during a nationwide panic (six weeks into the pandemic).

Trump had invited William Bryan, undersecretary for science and technology at the DHS, to comment on technologies that seem to be effective on the virus on inanimate surfaces, such as UV light and disinfectants. After Bryan's presentation, Trump tried, albeit awkwardly, to extrapolate the technology to treating the infected body.

Here are his EXACT words:

,,,"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light.

(now turning to Bryan) "And I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it
(the virus) does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Again, not a Trump fan, but the incessant negative spin that the media puts on anything he says is getting old. Even during that specific press conference, after there was a long discussion about how UV light and heat can eradicate the virus, a reporter with an obvious agenda asked something to the effect whether Trump's insinuation that sick people in Florida should go outside in the heat was a safe thing to propose? That of course, is not even close to what he actually said.

Trump is a self-obsessed megalomaniac that can't get out of his own way, but promoting wildly spun and/or out-of-context narratives is not a fair or intelligent way to go after him.
I can imagine years ago how stupid a president would sound if he suggested hitting a body with radiation to kill cancer.