PROJECT 2025

Figured I'd try to balance the scales around tin hat nation.

There's a reason DJT is trying to distance himself from '25. It's batshit crazy, and he knows he risks putting off what's left of the moderates in his party.

It's extreme shit like '25 that put our democracy in danger. And there are extremists in both parties that compromise it. Country needs a reset but it make take civil unrest to get there.

Were you sitting around on July 15 thinking, "Should I shove my nuts in the toaster, or should I try to engage in a thoughtful political discussion on the HN open forum board?" I appreciate the attempt, but both options seem equally painful, and it feels like you are just punishing yourself for no reason.

For that matter, I don't know why I ever stop by this board... whenever I get the urge, I should just go for a walk.

Take care!

I have moved on now. Back to sticking to sports around here. Your post was the only one I read because I saw an alert. Social media has trained me not to read the comments.

I know the tone on this board, from a social standpoint, was established years ago because I've been on it, for the most part, since 2003. It ain't changing. The majority likes it that way. A LOT of grievances expressed on here.

But back in the day, most of the people on here weren't outwardly supporting Facism. Some days it's tough reconciling that I work for a site that allows it to be spewed pretty unchecked.

Steve Deace and Jon Miller both have changed a lot. One for the better and well, you know the rest...

I always get my government terms confused. Is fascism the one where a party installs their nominee instead of having them voted in?

The two parties are not our friends. They were going to give us two candidates too old to function well in the presidency. We got lucky that now one candidate is young enough. Why not two? Don't tell me there are no 50 somethings who cannot do this job.

The two parties are not our friends. They were going to give us two candidates too old to function well in the presidency. We got lucky that now one candidate is young enough. Why not two? Don't tell me there are no 50 somethings who cannot do this job.
Trump seems to be declining for sure. Who knows what he will be like in four and a half years. The bigger immediate problem is who's running the country for Biden right now? And can we realistically believe those same people won't be running the country with Harris in? The scarier question for me tho is will those same people also continue running the country even if Trump wins.

Neither party will tell us how they really run the country. Until a third party wins, and probably not even then, can we be sure who is running things. Yeah, we get to vote but we often get at least one bad candidate. Trump is probably the nominee to get rid of him.

In short, 25 is a disaster for the middle class, what is left of it. If there is an armed revolution in the US, it won’t come from the right Or the left. It will come from those who are increasingly left behind. Trump has convinced the MAGA they are the left behind. But his actions pay them no real mind. Hopefully they will figure that out soon. This is not in reality a nation divided left and right. It is divided the Oligarchs vs the rest of us.

I may not have this all right. But I will tell you that I did not just fall off of the turnip truck.

Did you get hit by a coconut falling off the coconut tree? ;)

I am
One of those registered independents. We are the ones who get to pick the next president.

I think there is a lot of lying going on from the media. They create the polls the want to meet their own selfish agenda.

Case in point just today, Monday, September 9, 2024 ABC news (who is carrying tomorrow’s debate) is showing it a dead lock heat at 49% to 49%. I have been following all the polls ever since Biden’s announcement that he is dropping out. Not one of them showed a poll at 49/49.

This is ABC just trying to stoke the flames and create interest into the debate they will be carrying.

You know whenever people sign allegiance to any of the two political parties they get caught up in the pride of supporting their team whether it’s red or blue. In the most part it like a sporting event for the blue teamers vrs the red teamers.

I don’t have to be caught up in that ignorance. I just get to review the issues and past histories and choose the person I think is best for the country. A country where I, my wife, three children, and three grandchildren live. So it’s not about my team and winning it’s what’s best for my family for now and for years to come.

Did you get hit by a coconut falling off the coconut tree? ;)

I am
One of those registered independents. We are the ones who get to pick the next president.

I think there is a lot of lying going on from the media. They create the polls the want to meet their own selfish agenda.

Case in point just today, Monday, September 9, 2024 ABC news (who is carrying tomorrow’s debate) is showing it a dead lock heat at 49% to 49%. I have been following all the polls ever since Biden’s announcement that he is dropping out. Not one of them showed a poll at 49/49.

This is ABC just trying to stoke the flames and create interest into the debate they will be carrying.

You know whenever people sign allegiance to any of the two political parties they get caught up in the pride of supporting their team whether it’s red or blue. In the most part it like a sporting event for the blue teamers vrs the red teamers.

I don’t have to be caught up in that ignorance. I just get to review the issues and past histories and choose the person I think is best for the country. A country where I, my wife, three children, and three grandchildren live. So it’s not about my team and winning it’s what’s best for my family for now and for years to come.
Your final paragraph: That describes my position exactly. I guess the coconut missed.

Latest posts