Presser Update Thread

Here's the worst part of it:

All of the fans are going away saying, "There's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back. What a waste!"

While at the same time, KF is walking away saying, "There's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back. What a waste!"

We are trying to be the best we can be"

One question, at what?

Reporter: Coach, what would you say to the critics who say you don't want to win anymore?
Ferentz: I would remind them that we really want to want to win and we're going to try to try to meet that goal.

WELL, GIVE ME A HELMET AND SOME PADS! I'm ready to run through a brick wall for this guy!

Honestly, the only entertainment I got out of this was that I actually tried playing BHGP's presser bingo.

Here's the worst part of it:

All of the fans are going away saying, "There's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back. What a waste!"

While at the same time, KF is walking away saying, "There's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back. What a waste!"

or Cha Ching!

That presser made it sound like they just need to stay consistent & tweak a few things. Someone tell coach there really wasn't a consistent or strong component to any part of last years team. With so issues with the team, how can there not be some changes made?

I mean seriously....who thought this presser was a good idea.

Hell, I am a past known KF supporter and I simply don't get it. It's either the PR folks really don't understand that this does more harm that good, or worse yet, they think absolutely ZERO new information or changes will be taken positively.

This didn't help, it made me sad. Really.

You know what KF, improve then, don't lose to ISU, don't pi$$ away 10+ point leads, don't get blown out...ever...by anyone.

I'm not delusional, I fully understand the challenges, and I don't expect brilliance every year. I do expect 8-9 wins with a very easy schedule that doesn't include 2 of the 3 best teams in the conference, and I expect, at minimum 7-8 wins with a normal schedule, on average.

This is why I don't listen to these d@mn things, Dammnnnit. KF shouldn't speak to the press going forward, period.

Reporter: Coach, what would you say to the critics who say you don't want to win anymore?
Ferentz: I would remind them that we really want to want to win and we're going to try to try to meet that goal.

WELL, GIVE ME A HELMET AND SOME PADS! I'm ready to run through a brick wall for this guy!

abe-vigoda-playing-football.jpg

I mean seriously....who thought this presser was a good idea.

Hell, I am a past known KF supporter and I simply don't get it. It's either the PR folks really don't understand that this does more harm that good, or worse yet, they think absolutely ZERO new information or changes will be taken positively.

This didn't help, it made me sad. Really.

You know what KF, improve then, don't lose to ISU, don't pi$$ away 10+ point leads, don't get blown out...ever...by anyone.

I'm not delusional, I fully understand the challenges, and I don't expect brilliance every year. I do expect 8-9 wins with a very easy schedule that doesn't include 2 of the 3 best teams in the conference, and I expect, at minimum 7-8 wins with a normal schedule, on average.

This is why I don't listen to these d@mn things, Dammnnnit. KF shouldn't speak to the press going forward, period.

And this is the attitude that KF taps into. 8 or 9 wins? As shown by Jon, we are one of the best programs in the nation when talking facilities and revenue and fans. We should averages 10 or 11 wins a season with a normal schedule. Im tired of the whole "Its Iowa, we cant recruit talent" B.S.
Get a coach that can recruit. And I bet you see better classes coming in. Get a coach that doesnt use an offense that Pop Warner would be in love with. Get a coach that will play the best talent regardless of year. Get a coach that will change his schemes to the talent he has.

Chicago Cub syndrome. It needs to change.

Latest posts