Predictions for the 2 scholarships?

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
I'm predicting Iowa goes JUCO for the PG and prep for the big.
I really think the concentration on Cezar hurt their chances with Eli Carter (my 1st pick for Iowa's PG) and Stokes.

We'll see though.

What route do you guys think Iowa ends up going in filling the final two slots?

Do we know who has already been on campus for an official visit or has scheduled an official visit?

I'll predict Gabe and Hubbard.

I like Stokes but I will always remember an article in the NY Times where they interviewed him and he said he absolutely wants to play on the east coast. He mentioned the Big East as where he would love to play. I understand that is a high school kid saying that and thing change but I hope we don't go through the same love affair as we did with Cezar and then get dumped.

Olesani and Carter.

I don't think chasing Cezar hurt our chances with Carter.

Next up would be Hubbard, Colvin and Gods Gift (in that order).

Then the fall backs would be Darius Smith, Pierre Jackson, Washpun and Semaj Christon.

Last edited:
I would like it to be Olaseni and Carter. Think it will be Olaseni and a name we haven't heard much if at all.

I'm going with we scoop up two recruits from other schools that have lost coaches. One pg and one 4/5 guy. With one verbal coming within a week.

Last edited:
Predicting Olesani and Hubbard (which I will be more than happy with) but holding out hope for Carter or Stokes and Hubbard or Olesani.

I hope we pass on Cougill and Washpun, but am open to a surprising JUCO PG (see Cartwright).

I think we bring Miller in the 2012 class unless all else fails this year.

I think we get carter.. just from his tweets, he seems to favor Iowa, just does not want to rush into anything..

Olaseni and Washpun; I will not be disappointed with either due to the single most important part of Iowa basketball is going to be player development and it isn't going to happen overnight.

If Iowa gets Olaseni, does Iowa lose out on Woodbury, he has been offered and hasn't accepted, so it won't matter to me either way.
If Iowa gets Washpun and Payne can come back healthy, redshirt him to develop his shot, that way there will be a little space in between grades with the PG position.

Wish is: God's Gift-need that additional rebounder and physically ready player, and Eli Carter- hope he is like a Randy Foye type player.

2nd option: Olesani, Stokes/Carter, and Hubbard(non-significant contributor leaves).

Realistic option: Olesani and Washpun. I would be OK with this. Granted I have limited exposure on Washpun, but I like the way he plays, regardless of the free throw percentage. I hope Olesani has shot blocking and rebounding.

Does anyone have any stats( rbs, blks, scoring) on Olesani?

Latest posts