SG: Roy Marble Jr.
F: Matt Gatens
PF: Melsahn Basebe
C: Jarryd Cole

First off the bench:

SG/F: Eric May
PG: Cully Payne
C: Cougill

I just don't see Cartwright starting over Cully. If so, the Hawks will be in good hands at the pg position this year.

PG Cully Paine
SG Matt Gatens
F Eric May
PF Melshan Basabe
C Jarryd Cole

PG: Bryce Cartwright

First off the bench:

Starters:
payne
may
gatens
basabe
cole

top reserves
cartwright
marble
brommer

Be ready for Fran to lengthen his bench similar to Mr. Davis, His Sienna teams play 8-10 kids per game, cant wait!!!!

I just don't see Cartwright starting over Cully. If so, the Hawks will be in good hands at the pg position this year.

PG Cully Paine
SG Matt Gatens
F Eric May
PF Melshan Basabe
C Jarryd Cole

It will be an upset if this is not the lineup. Now, if someone jumped up and beat out one of these guys,great...but unlikely.

SG: Matt Gatens
PF: Melsahn Basabe

First off bench: Cartwright, Marble,

I'm not convinced that Cole will be starting, especially at center. He gets abused defending bigger players and his offensive skills are limited. He is a GREAT leader, but he doesn't need to play to lead. I think Cougill and Brommer will get a shot at winning the 5, but it will probably end up being a committee assignment.

Payne
May
Gatens
Basabe
Cougill

PG: Bryce Cartwright

First off the bench:

I think this is the lineup but with Cully starting at SG and then Marble coming in at SG to spell. Carwright is spelled by Cully at PG. I do believe this is a strong possibility.

I'm not convinced that Cole will be starting, especially at center. He gets abused defending bigger players and his offensive skills are limited. He is a GREAT leader, but he doesn't need to play to lead. I think Cougill and Brommer will get a shot at winning the 5, but it will probably end up being a committee assignment.

Payne
May
Gatens
Basabe
Cougill

I know we have a new coach who won't be "attached" to any of the players, but Cole should start based on his loyalty and leadership alone. Even if he is substituted for rather quickly. When so many people were bouncing left and right he battled through a major injury and has stuck out some pretty rough times. I'd be disappointed for him if he didn't start

Starters:
payne
may
gatens
basabe
cole

top reserves
cartwright
marble
brommer

Be ready for Fran to lengthen his bench similar to Mr. Davis, His Sienna teams play 8-10 kids per game, cant wait!!!!

This is what I like. No more sitting on the bench for 2-3 weeks not playing wondering what your role is. Even if it's 4-5 minutes of pt you know you worked hard in practice and can help the team during a game.

Pg - Payne
Sg - Gatens
Sf - May
Pf - Basabe
C - Cole

I feel this is what we'll see at the beginning of the year with Marble getting significant time as well as Cartwright.

What about the opposing starting lineup for that game? That's a tougher question...

ISU's situation will be very fluid at the beginning of the year, but I would expect:

Garrett
Christopherson
Eijm
Godfrey/McKnight
Vanderbeiken

Bench:
Phillips
Anderson
Railey?

Really, until November rolls around I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen with ISU. We could be halfway decent or really bad. It'll depend on how ready the new guys will be when they come in.

As far as the Iowa/ISU game goes, I think that Iowa will be able to dominate the paint with their size and experience in Cole. Vanderbeiken isn't a true post player and I don't see both Godfrey and McKnight coming in ready to play (we'll be lucky if one is). ISU needs one of the new guards/SF's to be a scorer. If ISU can't get points from the perimeter and driving then it won't be much of a game.

Latest posts