Post Your UNpopular Hawkeye Hot Take

There is no statistical proof that all the extra practices from Bowl games help a team improve the next year.

Oh wait, I already gave up on this one. Never mind.

It is better for Iowa to schedule only 6 homes a year and play both Iowa state and another P5 team OOC every year. Schedule only 1 MAC/FCS level team a year.

I’ll start.

I think the alternate unis we wore when we beat Ohio State are ugly as shit and I hope they never bring ‘em back.

It actually took me longer to get used to those veterans day uniforms Iowa wore against Wisc. The yellow stripe on the pants was freaking me out for a couple of series then I got used to them.

Giving up the home-home with UNI/Drake in men’s basketball wasn’t worth the extra home game against Nebraska-Omaha.:)

It is better for Iowa to schedule only 6 homes a year and play both Iowa state and another P5 team OOC every year. Schedule only 1 MAC/FCS level team a year.
…and schedule that 1 MAC/FCS level team the 9th or 10th game on the schedule, just like SEC teams do.

I’ll start.

I think the alternate unis we wore when we beat Ohio State are ugly as shit and I hope they never bring ‘em back.
Fry. Those uni's were the bomb. I kind of wish they'd adopt them to play all big games. Those were the best alternate uni's I think of any team.

Can someone (seriously) tell me why there are a dozen Iowa Highway Patrol cars parked outside of Kinnick on game days?

Yes! The feathers were awesome! What a cool concept. They need to bring them back.

Oregon already stole the idea. I think we may have had the wings that game where we went out to Eugene and lost. It's just like how Pontiac made the first crossover utility vehicle and was widely ridiculed. Then BMW copied it, smoothed out the body lines a bit and were heralded as geniuses.

Latest posts