Possible Transfer: Cole Huff from Nevada

Visited on 10/9 but didn't commit until three months before the visit? I'm skeptical.

Though I am puzzled to see him that year. I don't know why I forgot the class we just now graduated, but the year after that Aaron White is going to be the strongest recruit, so I was off a little on the details here. That's what I get for taking the bait from the obvious troll up there.

Skeptical of what?

Oglesby had offers from Illinois, Arizona State and Minnesota.

Woody had offers from UNC, OSU and Wisky among others.

Gesell had a Stanford and Creighton offer.

Those are the current players that had the best offer list.

Hutton probably already has better offers than all those guys except Woody.

Rumormill friend of a friend stuff, but it mentions UCLA being a potential favorite and that he's high on the Hawkeyes.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/cole-huff-update

Well, it's actually a friend of Huff's dad (at least according to the poster). Granted, take it with a grain of salt, but most people who are just trolling/spreading rumors don't articulate the identity of their sources (or their relationship with said sources) very often. So there might actually be something to this. And God, I'd love to beat Captain Hair Gel for Huff.

According to Tom Kakert's twitter, Huff has scheduled a visit to Iowa and Dayton. Also working on setting up a Creighton visit.

Huff to visit the weekend of May 2nd unless Fran is tied up with issues related to Pat's health. I have read Huff wants the decision process to move fairly quickly so he knows where he will be going to school. Huff and Dickerson played against each other in high school.

We ain't getting Huff....

He will probably pick a big program out west still somewhere.

Or Michigan.

We don't win these battles.

There's always the first time. And once you get the first one the second one becomes easier...While these offers are uphill battles I'm glad Fran is out there trying.

He is visiting Creighton on April 27th, Iowa on May 2nd, and Dayton on May 9th. All 3 teams were in the tournament last year and none are on the west coast.

IF those infact are the final 3, you gotta LOVE our chances with him.

Let's just hope nobody else gets involved heavily and this process goes fast.

Need to get them to commit before the big boys start throwing hookers and blow at em.

Need to get them to commit before the big boys start throwing hookers and blow at em.

I believe Vanderbilt and Michigan have been in contact with him but haven't set up visit dates. Hopefully they don't.

Creighton and Dayton are big boys compared to Iowa in basketball. Creighton has had a solid run of being nationally ranked and making NCAA tourneys in the past few years. Dayton is coming off an Elite 8 with a super hot coach that just signed a big extension so you know he's going to be there.

Iowa just doesn't stand a chance against these programs until Iowa proves they are just as good. Right now they aren't even close. Iowa isn't going to beat these types of teams in recruiting battles right now unless the kid has Iowa connections.

Iowa just doesn't stand a chance against these programs until Iowa proves they are just as good. Right now they aren't even close. Iowa isn't going to beat these types of teams in recruiting battles right now unless the kid has Iowa connections.

Not sure why you would feel this way. Iowa traditionally recruits better than these two teams, and is in a better conference. Just because George Mason made the elite 8 a few years ago didn't mean they would immediately start to out recruit teams in larger conferences that lost in the first round of the tournament. Sure, he may go to Creighton or Dayton, but the fact that they both had deeper tourny runs than Iowa doesn't mean Iowa "doesnt have a chance". Clearly Iowa has a chance, they are in the final three and he is making a visit.

If we have no chance why did Huff select us for one of his visits? Oh, by the way, Brady Ellingson had an offer from Dayton.

Creighton and Dayton are big boys compared to Iowa in basketball. Creighton has had a solid run of being nationally ranked and making NCAA tourneys in the past few years. Dayton is coming off an Elite 8 with a super hot coach that just signed a big extension so you know he's going to be there.

I question your grasp of reality.

No recruit in their right mind would consider Dayton or Creighton anything resembling a big boy. The majority of people outside the midwest don't know where either are located or in what conference they play in.

Tourney runs by mid majors mean almost nothing.

Iowa is not a big boy but has major facilities and plays in an elite conference.

Not gonna happen, Iowa has to make a splash in the tourney (not the play in game) before they get interest from kids outside surrounding states.

finishing 19-13 this far along in Fran's tenure is not helping recruiting.

I certainly don't think it's really hurting him. He can still sell the fact that he's improved each year to recruits. From an 11 win season, to barely making the NIT, to being NIT runner up, to making the NCAA tournament. The end results have improved every year so far and I expect they will continue to next year. Iowa's 2015 recruiting seems to be off to a very solid start and while coming in second does hurt, the fact that Iowa is finishing in the top three on a lot of good players is a step in the right direction, just need to start sealing the deal now.

Back to back 20 win seasons and upper division finishes in the B10 are definitely signs of progress.

Latest posts