Portal needs

Yep. Went to Miami for Spring ball and then transferred to MSU. I remember when he left Miami, there was a discussion among fans, debating if Kirk would allow him back(if he wanted to come back).
I suspected it had something to do with the gambling investigation.

Cade McNamara is the transition guy. Lainez, Resar or that kid from Algona(if he commits to Iowa)are likely the future.
Agree. Either Hill or Labas is gonna leave. Both probably should if they really want to play. I think Lainez is being groomed to be the man the following yr after next when Cade is gone.

However that said an early major injury again and all bets are off. I don't think the staff is of the sort to literally push a QB out. Hill if he wants to stay and is cool being a backup then great. But he left Wisconsin presumably because he wanted a shot at playing at some point. Now that he's gotten a taste of it I could see him wanting to go somewhere else (no idea where he could walk in and start right away probably a lower level)

LB(s) for sure. Higgins has another year if he wants it, but he should go and I think he will.

IMO, Harris and Schulte are the wildcard, maybe you can talk those two into coming back. A big maybe, tho. Entringer stepping in for Castro...don't think it will be a really big drop off. Granted, Castro is a grown man at 24, but I like the athleticism I have seen from Entringer.

I'm not part of the twitter-verse or X or whatever it is called these days. Apparently, Cade McNamara put out a cryptic tweet insinuating that someone that we aren't expecting to come back, will be coming back. I will let you do your own homework that. I am just throwing it out there.
I'll be surprised if Higgins comes back. If anyone from the secondary returns that'd be great more the merrier but I suspect Parker will have some serious rebuilding to do. Having an experienced XN back there to build around won't hurt.

And I'd be curious to know who Cade might be referring to. Guess we'll find out when we find out.

I thought it was interesting that Spencer Petras announced he was entering the portal. Everybody just assumed his career was over. I guess since Petras never was officially on the roster his 6th (Covid) year, then that makes him elligible for a 7th year? Not sure how that works.

I am thinking if Petras can get another year then Terry Roberts should be elligible too.

If we could get a couple more dangerous wr and te to add to our core I’d feel ok. I’m not sure of is a huge need outside one tackle. Linebacker for sure seems like spot but given Campbell , Higgins and Jackson results I’d think we could land some good players there. Db it seems we could use some depth. Wouldnt mind a good punter too

My take is that there is 50/50 chance that cade stays healthy next season. I hope they have quality depth in place. A new OC might bring a good perspective here.

I expect 1 of the 3 top RBs to depart. I sensed that #2 was restless this year and wanted more reps. So If I were guessing he'd be the one to leave. Of the other RBs I won't be surprised if one goes as well.

Regarding Cade's cryptic message about big news coming. I'm pretty sure it had to do with a fundraiser for the hospital.

Agree. Either Hill or Labas is gonna leave. Both probably should if they really want to play. I think Lainez is being groomed to be the man the following yr after next when Cade is gone.

However that said an early major injury again and all bets are off. I don't think the staff is of the sort to literally push a QB out. Hill if he wants to stay and is cool being a backup then great. But he left Wisconsin presumably because he wanted a shot at playing at some point. Now that he's gotten a taste of it I could see him wanting to go somewhere else (no idea where he could walk in and start right away probably a lower level)
More I think about it I think Hill isn't going anywhere I bet he stays to be a backup. Anywhere he goes will be no less of an uphill climb to play. He'll have to compete so my guess is that Labas will go and Resar will be added and the rest of the QB room will stay the same. But nothing would surprise me.

At what other P5 team could Hill be a starter?

At what other P5 team could Hill be a starter?
None that I can think of off the top of my head that's why I said I had no idea. He'd have to compete anywhere he went no matter what. Grass probably wouldn't be greener for him so he could easily stay.

Can't help but see that when Padilla left he's been 3rd string at SMU. That's what Hill would very likely have happen if he left.

My guess is Labas is who leaves but who freaking knows maybe they all stay and with Resar coming in it ends up being a crowded Qb room

None that I can think of off the top of my head that's why I said I had no idea. He'd have to compete anywhere he went no matter what. Grass probably wouldn't be greener for him so he could easily stay.

Can't help but see that when Padilla left he's been 3rd string at SMU. That's what Hill would very likely have happen if he left.

My guess is Labas is who leaves but who freaking knows maybe they all stay and with Resar coming in it ends up being a crowded Qb room

Deuce Hogan has had similar success (or lack thereof) at Kentucky. I am not even sure he is still on their team. Carson May wasn't on the 2-deep at Wyoming this year.

It is not like these guys were garbage recruits, Hogan was the #15 pro style QB (4*), plus he was a 50 second 400m guy as a HS freshman (i.e. he wasn't a statue). But it turns out he is not a college QB. Recruiting is a crapshoot, and things have come up craps for us recently.

After last night we definitely need to get a back up qb or have another as deacon isn’t the answer. His release takes too long and he’s just not mobile at all. We also need a couple more wr weapons for sure

I don’t think Hill makes a roster anywhere else and Kirk likes him so I’d bet he stays.

I understand portal needs. What about concerns of who will enter. I worry Caleb Brown who has emerged as Iowa’s only offensive threat outside of stacked TE room will leave. Why stay when you can enter and make money on a competent offense elsewhere, especially after who knows what truly happened for him to not play in games and miss time earlier this season. I hope Cade has the ability to get in ears of other guys in portal to surround himself with some weapons.

I understand portal needs. What about concerns of who will enter. I worry Caleb Brown who has emerged as Iowa’s only offensive threat outside of stacked TE room will leave. Why stay when you can enter and make money on a competent offense elsewhere, especially after who knows what truly happened for him to not play in games and miss time earlier this season. I hope Cade has the ability to get in ears of other guys in portal to surround himself with some weapons.
If brown goes he has to sit a year since he already went through portal I believe.

Perhaps it's time to stop regarding McNamara as some modern Moses who will lead us to the promised land. In this case, Moses has had two knee repairs, a bad quadricep and has been mediocre at best in his brief playing time during the last two seasons.
McNamara and Hill are not the solution to the offensive problems at Iowa.

My take is that there is 50/50 chance that cade stays healthy next season. I hope they have quality depth in place. A new OC might bring a good perspective here.

I expect 1 of the 3 top RBs to depart. I sensed that #2 was restless this year and wanted more reps. So If I were guessing he'd be the one to leave. Of the other RBs I won't be surprised if one goes as well.

Regarding Cade's cryptic message about big news coming. I'm pretty sure it had to do with a fundraiser for the hospital.
Agree with your take here, but with RB it's all about tread on the tires. Having three RBs and splitting reps is best for everybody's longevity, especially if you think you're good enough to make an NFL roster. It's hard to convince a player of that, though.

After last night we definitely need to get a back up qb or have another as deacon isn’t the answer. His release takes too long and he’s just not mobile at all. We also need a couple more wr weapons for sure
Deke is a great young man who gave us all he could do. But, KF must tell him to go back in the portal and then rebuild the QB room. If a couple more current QB’s leave as well, so be it. Starting from scratch may be our best opportunity.

Perhaps it's time to stop regarding McNamara as some modern Moses who will lead us to the promised land. In this case, Moses has had two knee repairs, a bad quadricep and has been mediocre at best in his brief playing time during the last two seasons.
McNamara and Hill are not the solution to the offensive problems at Iowa.
Thank, Doctor!

This prompted me to go and take a look at Arland Bruce and Keagan Johnson's production last year at their new homes. They would have been featured at Iowa and while that might not mean much but starting and contributing to your team is a lot better IMO than hardly seeing the field.

Let's just say, not everyone is Charlie Jones.
Did Arlan Bruce play this year? I saw Keagan Johnson gained three receptions but only had about 60% of the yards of the season he played in 9 (21) games, although he played in 10 games in 23. That's what transferring did to Keagan.