Poll: Should Gary Barta Be Fired Immediately?

Fire Gary Barta?

• Yes, should have been done immediately after the Meyer/Griesbaum fiasco.

• No, I hate the Hawkeyes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
In this day and age, everyone gets accused of some type of discrimination. By everyone I mean a lot of people, not technically everyone. I don't give a rip about any of that. Maybe it's becasue I never attended the University, but I'm not concerned with how they spend their money.

ATTENTION ALL DONORS: Please donate more money to the athletic department to help pay for Gary Barta's discrimination settlements, ridiculous contracts and buyouts, and overall decision making.

In this day and age, everyone gets accused of some type of discrimination. By everyone I mean a lot of people, not technically everyone. I don't give a rip about any of that. Maybe it's becasue I never attended the University, but I'm not concerned with how they spend their money.
We get it, you've been drinking Ames water.

So, Gary and his AD were found guilty in a court of law of what 4 counts? involving gender discrimination costing the U $6.5 million and this scumbag kept his job? Now he f*#s us with Fran's ridiculous buyout. Wow!!
Wasn’t the contract extension including ludicrous buyout actually negotiated in November? Blv there’s an online article today explaining the buyout and why Fran is unlikely to be fired in the next couple years.

so he get's fired, who takes over? and don't say Gable cause that ain't happening.

You understand the Athletic Director is supposed to increase donations and overall revenue for the University right? Barta costs the University millions for two discrimination buyouts, a buyout from Lickleiter already (whom he hired), and continues to unnecessarily add years to contracts and increase buyouts. So to answer your question, pretty much any AD in the country would have a better track record than Gary Barta.

If Dan Gable publicly announced that he thought Gary Barta should be fired, would the powers that be do it?

Even if you love Ferentz and Fran, Barta negotiates as if he is on their side of the table. It’s crazy to think he is actually representing the schools side of negotiations.

Nailed it. It's as though Barta is also their agent. We should all be so lucky to have a Gary Barta at our year end reviews, where we'd all retire much sooner and live much more comfortably.

Even if you love Ferentz and Fran, Barta negotiates as if he is on their side of the table. It’s crazy to think he is actually representing the schools side of negotiations.

You just made a point Ive been making. Do you know what that implies?

Fired TODAY. Not joking. F this guy. He is giving a middle finger to every fan who cares about the competitiveness of Iowa athletics. Students should be pulling a Michigan right now and be camped on the President's lawn. Regardless of this year, Barta gave Ferentz the worst, most lopsided contract TWICE and now has done it with Fran for NO REASON. Fran hasn't performed at the level Kirk did that might have merited the "franchise player" tag of contracts back in the day.

This is incompetence and frankly malfeasance in my view. Barta needs to be fired.

Latest posts