Poll: Connor McCaffery Mr. Basketball Snub

Should Connor congratulate Joe Smoldt or should he & his bro continue bitching about it on twitter?

• Offer congrats to Joe on a great season.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Continue the butthurt drama on twitter.

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
What they said was hardly noteworthy. You're blowing this waaaay out of proportion and sound like an idiot.

I am somewhere in the middle, it is not a great look, but Fryowa has went off the deep end. I am with drummer just understand the ramifications and reign it in a bit. No biggie.

I am somewhere in the middle, it is not a great look, but Fryowa has went off the deep end. I am with drummer just understand the ramifications and reign it in a bit. No biggie.

Maybe I'm not seeing everything since I don't have Twitter. All I see is them arguing with some guy named Hunter Wilson.

God forbid high school kids talk before they think. Must be real pieces of shit huh? I'm sure tksirius or Fryowa NEVER did anything like that when they were younger...

For the record, I am not condoning what they did, as I did not see the original tweets, but they have since apologized for whatever they said. Blowing up on them by calling them "entitled, trust-fund babies" makes you sound just as immature. Grow the F up. /end rant

God forbid high school kids talk before they think. Must be real pieces of shit huh? I'm sure tksirius or Fryowa NEVER did anything like that when they were younger...

For the record, I am not condoning what they did, as I did not see the original tweets, but they have since apologized for whatever they said. Blowing up on them by calling them "entitled, trust-fund babies" makes you sound just as immature. Grow the F up. /end rant
That was dramatic. BTW, where did you see the apology?

C67iLbpVoAAAhk2.jpg

Unless I'm totally off base, their daddy wasn't a coach of a high major program where a higher standard is expected.

Its not about social media. It's about being a shitty, tantrum-throwing, bad loser and taking out your frustration on the kid who did nothing to you other than win an award. That goes deeper than just proper social media etiquette.

I have a feeling you guys haven't even read the tweets. Conrad and Patty got brutal with bashing the kid.
I read the tweets. Wow can you say pathetic? Apparently the mccaffreys weren't taught how to lose with grace or not say anything if you have nothing good to say. If roles were reversed and Joe said these things the majority of people on this board would crucify him.

Its not about social media. It's about being a shitty, tantrum-throwing, bad loser and taking out your frustration on the kid who did nothing to you other than win an award. That goes deeper than just proper social media etiquette.

I have a feeling you guys haven't even read the tweets. Conrad and Patty got brutal with bashing the kid.

It is about social media. Fran's kids are So. and Sr., he doesn't police them every minute of every second. As you can see from the note Patrick wrote, I'm sure it was talked about when found out.

Kids are gonna be kids, and you must have your head buried in the sand if you think your kids are perfect *ucking angles. This is how young men grow into adults, they learn from bad and stupid behavior. Is every boy who gets in a fight for basically no reason (either verbally or physically) a POS like you claim? I don't think so, I think you are kind of a POS right now because you can't seem to grasp this simple reality. Kids are going to do stupid things, and then parents will correct them and parent them.

I read the tweets. Wow can you say pathetic? Apparently the mccaffreys weren't taught how to lose with grace or not say anything if you have nothing good to say. If roles were reversed and Joe said these things the majority of people on this board would crucify him.
I can't speak for others, but the point being made was that this was something stupid that was done by high school kids. It's OK to say that was stupid, but you don't make a generalization that it reflects on their character without understanding it's only a part of the picture. The apology for example was a hundred times better than the ones we hear from adults - "I'm sorry if someone was offended". I was taught a lot of things, but I didn't always live up to my Dad's expectations. That's why we forgive people their mistakes.

It is about social media. Fran's kids are So. and Sr., he doesn't police them every minute of every second. As you can see from the note Patrick wrote, I'm sure it was talked about when found out.

Kids are gonna be kids, and you must have your head buried in the sand if you think your kids are perfect *ucking angles. This is how young men grow into adults, they learn from bad and stupid behavior. Is every boy who gets in a fight for basically no reason (either verbally or physically) a POS like you claim? I don't think so, I think you are kind of a POS right now because you can't seem to grasp this simple reality. Kids are going to do stupid things, and then parents will correct them and parent them.
My kids are acute, so yeah they're perfect. Lol

Fran is in one hell of a situation here with his kids that there's no way to win so I hope he just embraces it. On one hand his kids are 2 of the best prospects in the state for D1 schools. They commit to him early and the trolls have already started the narrative that they aren't good enough and they only are coming to Iowa because of their dad....but if Fran let them go somewhere else, I feel like those same trolls would be losing their minds because Fran's kids are the best players in the state and he can't even get them to come here.

Latest posts