Rushing Offense: 66.8th
Mean Ranking: 83.35rd

13 years under KOK:

Total Offense: 67.92th
Scoring Offense: 59.46th
Passing Offense: 59.84th
Rushing Offense: 66.23th
Mean Ranking: 63.36rd

Brian Ferentz is only a handful of games in with a first year starting QB and injuries and shuffling on the O-line, including freshman. Just sayin'.

Hard to believe this has to been said once more...but the ultimate governor on IOWA's offense is and has always been KFz. The OC always has to function within his restricted framework. KOK, GDGD and BFz all had/have that monkey on their back as OC.
We've hoped for change before (2015's bait and switch NewKirk had us fooled briefly), but broader offensive competence ain't happenin' until Kirk retires.

Last edited:
The Central Limit Theorem, as a general rule, requires a sample size of 30 to begin to understand an unknown underlying distribution (which your stats would be). So, there you go. I'll give you a hard number. After 30 games as OC, then we can revisit these numbers. But until then, 8 games is not an acceptable sample size to determine even central tendency, let alone trends.

Thank you professor! Genius. I agree.

There should be a "none of the above". His talent as an OC is still a work in progress. I want to see what the next 2 years bring when these young guys become upperclassmen. Stanley, Fant, Hockenson, Wirfs, Jackson, Marsette, Young, Martin, Easley (1 year). Let's see what Brian can do with these guys with some experience under their/his belt.

Just in case ya missed it:

Under BF so far (8 games):

Total Offense: 103rd
Scoring Offense: 88th
Passing Offense: 78th
Rushing Offense: 99th
Mean Ranking: 92nd

5 years under Greg Davis:

Total Offense: 92.2nd
Scoring Offense: 82.4nd
Passing Offense: 92nd

13 years under KOK:

Yeah but.....BF is undefeated vs Iowa State.

Brian Ferentz is only a handful of games in with a first year starting QB and injuries and shuffling on the O-line, including freshman. Just sayin'.
please-continue.jpg

8 games isn’t a lot of time, I agree. But in the games we have seen so far, I can think of 1 game where the offense looked promising (Isu). Even penn state was the typical boring offense until Wadley broke 2. I have been vastly underwhelmed

I was thrilled with how the first few games went. The last three 17-10 games have got me ready to barf. The jury is not yet in as far as I'm concerned.

Just in case ya missed it:

Under BF so far (8 games):

Total Offense: 103rd
Scoring Offense: 88th
Passing Offense: 78th
Rushing Offense: 99th
Mean Ranking: 92nd

5 years under Greg Davis:

Total Offense: 92.2nd
Scoring Offense: 82.4nd
Passing Offense: 92nd

13 years under KOK:

Lmao. Never ceases to make me the intelligence of posters.. So now we comparing 8 games with what BF has done to years of body of work from others OC. What sense does that make? So people just keep ripping on BF and nobody talks about or considers that Iowa has a new starting QB, inexperienced young WR and or key injuries to our OL that might affect things!!

Oh and the poll is a joke as well.

Latest posts