• I don't see an improvement with Brian as Captain

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • Honestly, anything would be an improvement over current circumstances

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Losing isn

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters
Lolz.

Shots fired, @tksirius :) We have some butt-hurt over here.

I just get a kick out of people posting garbage. Fact is some very legitimate reasons on what’s going on at Iowa on the offensive side of the ball. We all watch the same games FRY and trust me it’s not centirely all on Brian..certainly some growing pains taking place with BF at OC and we’ve seen it many times when new OC take over. Plus factor in a new young QB young WR and injuries to the OL all those things have impact.

Guess I’m curious what some of the expectations people had for this team this season because mine were not that great. Is there frustration most certainly but I expected it.

Last edited:
I just get a kick out of people posting garbage. Fact is some very legitimate reasons on what’s going on at Iowa on the offensive side of the ball. We all watch the same games FRY and trust me it’s not centirely all on Brian..certainly some growing pains taking place with BF at OC and we’ve seen it many times when new OC take over. Plus factor in a new young QB young WR and injuries to the OL all those things have impact.
I’ve never said once on these boards that the problem is Brian Ferentz.

The problem is his dad’s offensive philosophy. Period.

Our defense is what I’d call almost elite in the B1G, and we actually recruit better than some ranked teams and teams with better records. Add in our budget and facilities and the only thing left is the offensive scheme. Which Kirk Ferentz ultimately controls.

I’m not one of the fire Ferentz people, but if you ask me what the matter is, as a semi interested observer who doesn’t get mad about Iowa football anymore I’ll tell you that Kirk Ferentz has castrated Ken O’Keefe, Greg Davis, and now Brian Ferentz in succession. It’s apparent by the similarities in Iowa’s offense over the past two decades that there is one way he wants the games called and that’s how it’s going to be. Until he leaves we are going to get wash/rinse/repeat with just a sliver of enough success to keep doing it.

You can give me all the excuses you want about QBs and WRs and OLs and Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my, but the common denominator over all these years is Kirk Ferentz and his offense. An offense which is so über conservative that it loses a ton of winnable ball games and has flukey flashes of greatness that last about 5 minutes, giving false hope every year and confusing people like you as to what the problem is.

So there ya go, predator. That’s my opinion which is worth what you paid for it.

***For the record...I am not a Ferentz hater who thinks the staff should be sent packing. That’s bush league, Nebraska-esque idiocy that will only lead to a revolving door. I just don’t take it at all seriously anymore and I know that Ferentz’s gonna Ferentz. It’s the way it is and I have no control over it.

The only thing that does give me slight heartburn is when I think of what this team could have done all these years with Parker 1 and Parker 2 if they were paired up with an aggressive head coach. Whatdya do?

Give me a beer,will ya?
giphy.gif

Our defense is what I’d call almost elite in the B1G, and we actually recruit better than some ranked teams and teams with better records. Add in our budget and facilities and the only thing left is the offensive scheme. Which Kirk Ferentz ultimately controls.

I’m not one of the fire Ferentz people, but if you ask me what the matter is, as a semi interested observer who doesn’t get mad about Iowa football anymore I’ll tell you that Kirk Ferentz has castrated Ken O’Keefe, Greg Davis, and now Brian Ferentz in succession. It’s apparent by the similarities in Iowa’s offense over the past two decades that there is one way he wants the games called and that’s how it’s going to be. Until he leaves we are going to get wash/rinse/repeat with just a sliver of enough success to keep doing it.

You can give me all the excuses you want about QBs and WRs and OLs and Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my, but the common denominator over all these years is Kirk Ferentz and his offense. An offense which is so über conservative that it loses a ton of winnable ball games and has flukey flashes of greatness that last about 5 minutes, giving false hope every year and confusing people like you as to what the problem is.

So there ya go, predator. That’s my opinion which is worth what you paid for it.

***For the record...I am not a Ferentz hater who thinks the staff should be sent packing. That’s bush league, Nebraska-esque idiocy that will only lead to a revolving door. I just don’t take it at all seriously anymore and I know that Ferentz’s gonna Ferentz. It’s the way it is and I have no control over it.

The only thing that does give me slight heartburn is when I think of what this team could have done all these years with Parker 1 and Parker 2 if they were paired up with an aggressive head coach. Whatdya do?

Cue the Violin! Hey you came at me for my response to your boy TK..

I’m also not a huge pro KF or BF guy and not opposed to them not being at Iowa, if I knew who the alternative to them was. That said I have nothing but respect KF and what he has done at Iowa...

BRILLANT.AND ACCURATE .My opinion only.Iowa Surfer approves.Say Pray for surf huh? Thanx.

Just in case ya missed it:

Under BF so far (8 games):

Total Offense: 103rd
Scoring Offense: 88th
Passing Offense: 78th
Rushing Offense: 99th
Mean Ranking: 92nd

5 years under Greg Davis:

Total Offense: 92.2nd
Scoring Offense: 82.4nd
Passing Offense: 92nd
Rushing Offense: 66.8th
Mean Ranking: 83.35rd

13 years under KOK:

Total Offense: 67.92th
Scoring Offense: 59.46th
Passing Offense: 59.84th
Rushing Offense: 66.23th
Mean Ranking: 63.36rd

A more accurate comparison would be during each OC's first year at Iowa. Here's the numbers:

BF ( First 8 games)
Total Offense: 345.9 ypg
Scoring: 25.0 ppg
Passing Offense: 215.1 ypg
Rushing Offense: 130.8 ypg

GD (First 12 games)
Total Offense: 310.4 ypg
Scoring: 19.3 ppg
Passing Offense: 187.4 ypg
Rushing Offense: 123.0 ypg

KOK (First 11 games)
Total Offense: 300.3 ypg
Scoring: 14.7 ppg
Passing Offense: 206.8 ypg
Rushing Offense: 93.5 ypg

A more accurate comparison would be during each OC's first year at Iowa. Here's the numbers:

BF ( First 8 games)

GD (First 12 games)

KOK (First 11 games)

Good info, thanks.

Of course BF still has to face Ohio State and Wisconsin which will almost certainly bring his numbers down.

Shows where we are as a program when we have an OC who has never even established himself as a competent OC running our offense. We should have some idea of his ability as an OC from previous experience as an OC, but not at Iowa. This is the only power 5 school where this would be allowed. He is in over his head, period. KF had KOK come back to help baby Ferentz with his job. KF should have gone out and hired the best OC money could by, who had the best resume possible.

BF ( First 8 games)

GD (First 12 games)

KOK (First 11 games)

Well done Knight!! That’s something posters with agendas don’t do very well.

Shows where we are as a program when we have an OC who has never even established himself as a competent OC running our offense. We should have some idea of his ability as an OC from previous experience as an OC, but not at Iowa. This is the only power 5 school where this would be allowed. He is in over his head, period. KF had KOK come back to help baby Ferentz with his job. KF should have gone out and hired the best OC money could by, who had the best resume possible.
I've been saying this since day one.

Just in case ya missed it:

Under BF so far (8 games):

Total Offense: 103rd
Scoring Offense: 88th
Passing Offense: 78th
Rushing Offense: 99th
Mean Ranking: 92nd

5 years under Greg Davis:

Total Offense: 92.2nd
Scoring Offense: 82.4nd
Passing Offense: 92nd
Rushing Offense: 66.8th
Mean Ranking: 83.35rd

13 years under KOK:

Total Offense: 67.92th
Scoring Offense: 59.46th
Passing Offense: 59.84th
Rushing Offense: 66.23th
Mean Ranking: 63.36rd

You almost can't be worse at offense. I'm calling it. The BFBF experiment is a failure.

We played 9 bowl teams. Brian, all you have to do is beat Boston College and we reach .500 in bowl-team victories. You can do it buddy, you are so much better than Greg Davis, despite what the statistics say.

Bowl teams Iowa played in 2017

Wyoming - win
Iowa State - win
North Texas - win
Penn State - loss
Michigan - loss
Northwestern - loss
Ohio State - win
Wisconsin - loss
Purdue - loss

Latest posts