PJ Fleck...Impressive Opening Week

That attitude is going to get old with the players and fans in a hurry. Plus, they have to know if he has any success he's leaving in 2 years. This is a stepping stone job only.

I think PJ's schtick will work just fine with Minnesota fans as long as he wins. If he doesn't win that crap he does would get real old, real fast. As an opposing fan though, he just comes off as a huge doucher.

Gopher fan here. We all know PJ's schtick is cheesy like a used car salesman. However, it motivates the players (those that buy in) and the fan base. His PR antics have garnered more attention to Gopher football since we used to win eons ago. I believe he will make a recruiting impact which will eventually transform this team to the next level (how good is TBD). PJ has a lot of Kiffin in him, but I think his intentions are better aligned on team and community.

That said, not a very impressive win against Buffalo. Need to prove Xs and Os before we get to confident up North.

Gotta be honest, PJ is way more appealing than Captain Conservative to Minnesota. Ferentz's aww shucks that's football, gum smacking, boring brand of football can't be fun. So predictable and never playing to win.

Gotta respect that $1M gift to the Children's Hospital. That generous gesture also sets up his elder statesmen play to transfer the HC powers to Brian in a couple years.

What the hell is BTN doing? Being PJ Fleck....really. How about Being Brian Ferentz...it would be much more interesting than Being BJ Douchebag. I caught a bit of that crap on BTN and he's talking about he had a list of programs on a sheet, and somebody asked him why Minnesota was on the list with all those elite names....and he answered something like "because they are a sleeping giant". They were on the list because they were the only one that would give your boat rowing ass a job...you dick.

The schtick he's working is going to get real old in 3 or 4 years with good college players.

Trust me...if his offense is as one dimensional as they were last night...they are going to get throttled in the B10. Welcome to the elite PJ.

Gopher fan here. We all know PJ's schtick is cheesy like a used car salesman. However, it motivates the players (those that buy in) and the fan base. His PR antics have garnered more attention to Gopher football since we used to win eons ago. I believe he will make a recruiting impact which will eventually transform this team to the next level (how good is TBD). PJ has a lot of Kiffin in him, but I think his intentions are better aligned on team and community.

That said, not a very impressive win against Buffalo. Need to prove Xs and Os before we get to confident up North.

Gotta be honest, PJ is way more appealing than Captain Conservative to Minnesota. Ferentz's aww shucks that's football, gum smacking, boring brand of football can't be fun. So predictable and never playing to win.

Gotta respect that $1M gift to the Children's Hospital. That generous gesture also sets up his elder statesmen play to transfer the HC powers to Brian in a couple years.

Considering Ferentz is 12-6 against Minnesota, with several beat downs...I'm liking his brand of football much better. Sure, it's conservative, but it's physical. Let's see if his son ups the ante in opening things up. By the way, did you ever get your goal posts back?

Gopher fan here.

So.....2 Big Ten Titles, 3 BCS Bowls, 5 Top-10 rankings, countless NFL Draft picks, All-Americans and bowl games appearances is not appealing? Not to mention he's about to become the #5 guy in all-time Big Ten conference wins and has been Big Ten COTY 4 times (2nd all-time). That's not appealing?
YOU are part of the problem at Minnesota. You wouldn't know success if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle.

So.....2 Big Ten Titles, 3 BCS Bowls, 5 Top-10 rankings, countless NFL Draft picks, All-Americans and bowl games appearances is not appealing? Not to mention he's about to become the #5 guy in all-time Big Ten conference wins and has been Big Ten COTY 4 times (2nd all-time). That's not appealing?
YOU are part of the problem at Minnesota. You wouldn't know success if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle.

Some fans want to be entertained and some want to win.

With his post do you think LurkinGopher has declared what side of the fence he's on? ;)

I think PJ's schtick will work just fine with Minnesota fans as long as he wins. If he doesn't win that crap he does would get real old, real fast. As an opposing fan though, he just comes off as a huge doucher.

This. He'll look like an inspirational leader if they win... a cheesy douche if they don't...despite the fact that he's the same guy either way. Such is fandom

Ferentz's conservative, aw shucks, gum chewing persona wears on people whenever Iowa has a bad season.

P.J.'s used-car salesman schtick will wear on Minnesota fans once he starts losing.

In other words, it doesn't matter the persona, the only thing that really counts is how much a program wins.

Thing is Ferentz has 18 years of more good than bad so we've basically accepted him as being an overall plus for Iowa. Will P.J. even be there four years from now? Don't think so.

Some of the college coaches are almost like what they recruit, attention hounds and PJ fits the bill, imo. If it motivates, great, but really PJ, tone it down a bit, or our Captain will have to beat your a$$ (he damn well better)

PJ does have a hot wife though......lol

Too bad the Vikings don't play that boring NFL pro-style that Ferentz coaches. Iowa plays the same style as Alabama the those two programs run their practices and play like NFL teams. It's no coincidence that Ferentz, for how boring he is, has put so many players in the NFL. Last I knew they had the 3rd or so most in the NFL from any college in the last 15 or so years. Shocking, I think Alabama is first. I'll respond before you say it. I'm not saying Iowa is equiv to Alabama because they are not, but they both play the same style of football.

Last edited:

Ron Zook was a used care salesman. I'm not quite sure what PJ Fleck is as of yet!

In all honesty, I'm actually entertained by his show. I actually think he a good guy.