PJ Fleck...Impressive Opening Week

Ferentz's conservative, aw shucks, gum chewing persona wears on people whenever Iowa has a bad season.

P.J.'s used-car salesman schtick will wear on Minnesota fans once he starts losing.

In other words, it doesn't matter the persona, the only thing that really counts is how much a program wins.

Thing is Ferentz has 18 years of more good than bad so we've basically accepted him as being an overall plus for Iowa. Will P.J. even be there four years from now? Don't think so.

If he loses he will be gone.
If he wins he will be gone.

Wonder if Iowa was on that list? Not sure if was only a list of possible openings or any college.

So.....2 Big Ten Titles, 3 BCS Bowls, 5 Top-10 rankings, countless NFL Draft picks, All-Americans and bowl games appearances is not appealing? Not to mention he's about to become the #5 guy in all-time Big Ten conference wins and has been Big Ten COTY 4 times (2nd all-time). That's not appealing?
YOU are part of the problem at Minnesota. You wouldn't know success if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle.

Exactly.

I think PJ Fleck is annoying as hell, but his players may respond to his cheesy motivational tactics. He's also apparently a great recruiter.

Having said that, Iowa is a VERY solid program. Can you imagine the Goofs going 12-0 at any point? I'll take boring any day.

PJ's job is to go .500 against Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin over his tenure. That's a tall order. He may be able to do it, but in 5 years if he isn't able to routinely knock off Iowa and Wisky, he's not "elite." Iowa is just about .500 with Wisky.

Ron Zook was a used care salesman. I'm not quite sure what PJ Fleck is as of yet!

In all honesty, I'm actually entertained by his show. I actually think he a good guy.
I've watched some of his show and saw his back story... He seems like a good guy that's worked hard and been able to make friends with the right people to climb the coaching ladder fast. I don't have any problem with him with how he is. I'm not too keen on his recruiting strategy is but think about it this way. Would his strategy of throwing out offers to every johnny 3 and 4 star out there be in play if he was at a better program? I say perhaps not I think he's doing that because he's desperate to get a program he knows isn't that great off the ground.. It may be 'right' or 'wrong' and it might work or it might not we'll see... I think his hands are full when your looking up at Wisky, Iowa Nebraska and even Northwestern atm though...

I don't have an issue with the guy's schtick. Is it for me? Nope. But there's more than one way to be successful.

What I DO have a problem with, though, is his laziness when it comes to identifying players. He literally will offer a player within hours after we do. I don't really care for guys who ride the coattails of others' hard work and intelligence.

I don't have an issue with the guy's schtick. Is it for me? Nope. But there's more than one way to be successful.

What I DO have a problem with, though, is his laziness when it comes to identifying players. He literally will offer a player within hours after we do. I don't really care for guys who ride the coattails of others' hard work and intelligence.
He would be the asshole always going with your bid +$1 on the price is right.

I'm willing to bet PJ had ISU on the list too...talk about your sleeping giants. ISU has got to be the biggest sleeping giant there is. Feel free to substitute "giant" for a more appropriate word. I'll go with "crap".

At least Minnesota has a Hx of success in the 1950's, 1960's. Has ISU even played in a bowl game after Dec. 30th???

Speaking of Moo U, what was the last team that lost to Ames in a bowl game?
Yes, congratulations Minny, you're only 1 of 3 teams. Elite!

Ferentz's conservative, aw shucks, gum chewing persona wears on people whenever Iowa has a bad season.

P.J.'s used-car salesman schtick will wear on Minnesota fans once he starts losing.

In other words, it doesn't matter the persona, the only thing that really counts is how much a program wins...

Game. Set. Match.

I live in minnesota and have a ton of gopher friends. They all just make fun of the row the boat thing. None of them think the Gophers are going to be any good this year or next year.

PJ fluck is on a huge billboard on my commute so I have to look at his stupid face twice a day. Has Ferentz ever been on a billboard? Not that I can remember. Kinda shows you what PJ Fluck is....all about himself. Trying to market a losing team around their head coach is a recipe for disaster.

PJ Fleck is like Chris Berman at the home run Derby saying back back back back back every homerun.

He would be the asshole always going with your bid +$1 on the price is right.

Every m-fer that has EVER done that should be forced to watch a one-week continuous loop of Jim Nabors serenading the crowd at a Hee Haw taping. Or Perry Como guest starring on Lawrence Welk.

Latest posts