Phil Steele's "dis" on Vandy - no all-conf

Hey Springsteen,

I'm curious how you would rate Ricky Stanzi's senior year against JVB's junior year. Similar stats and wins. Just curious...because if you were to ask me, Stanzi's year was far less impressive.

If you ask me Stanzi's was better because he played better against good competition.

I would rather not be in the best QB's in the Big Ten. Its just another thing for him to live up to. His numbers are mediocre and didn't pull any big wins out. I don't see much changing with him this year. He didn't turn it over much but struggles moving the ball at different times of the game. I'd love to be wrong and see him light it up this year.

Michigan wasn't a "big" win? And the comeback against Pitt evidently doesn't count for much?

Michigan wasn't a "big" win? And the comeback against Pitt evidently doesn't count for much?

No kidding...I count Michigan (a BCS bowl winner) and Pitt as big games...hey guess what, in 2010 Stanzi didn't lead a freaking comeback either...Arizona, Wisconsin, OSU, NW, and Minnesota. Rick had the ball in his hands at the end of everyone of those games...and we didn't win any. But the defense gave up the games, right...well, guess what, our offense couldn't get a first down in the fourth quarter either in most of those games.

Six pages? Must be May.

I hear ya Billso. I'm as bored as the next guy is around May 24th, but do we really care if James is the 4th or 5th best ranked preseason QB in the conference? My concern is whether or not Davis will "scratch where it itches" with respect to our offense and do whatever it takes to maximize our abilities on the offensive side of the ball.

Phil Steele is certainly entitled to his opinion. I'll go with DiNardo's assessment, JVB being "the best pure passer in the B1G".

Is it a "slight"? Only in the context of a couple of those chosen in front of him (Miller and Scheelhaase).

It's merely a "journalist" being subjective.

I'm pretty bent Ruddock wasn't on the list. Has that mongoloid Steele ever seen his HS vids?

Happier than you and me.
images

He can't handle the blitz. Given our RB situation, or lack thereof, teams are going to blitz the hell out of him.

Top 4? He'll be lucky to be top 10 unless the new OC fixes that massive defect.

I'd leave him off too. The way he freezes under pressure, he'll be lucky to make it to week 7.

My suggestion is that you all drink heavily prior to kickoff, be it tailgating at Kinnick or at home in your basement.

He can't handle the blitz. Given our RB situation, or lack thereof, teams are going to blitz the hell out of him.

I'd leave him off too. The way he freezes under pressure, he'll be lucky to make it to week 7.

My suggestion is that you all drink heavily prior to kickoff, be it tailgating at Kinnick or at home in your basement.

Cool thanks for the advice.........of course this could be said about pretty much any QB from time to time and 80% of them most of the time, but hey, thanks for the insight all the same.

Cool thanks for the advice.........of course this could be said about pretty much any QB from time to time and 80% of them most of the time, but hey, thanks for the insight all the same.

It can be especially said with no qualifications about Killer of Black Bear.

Why doesn't someone just tell him to stop freezing under pressure?

Jeez, it's a simple game really.

This past week was an excellent example of what Phil Steele, myself and several others have seen and foresaw.

You can spout off statistics, you can talk about all the tools, how he can make the throws.

Some of you even talk about a game three years ago in which he threw underneath passes against what amounted to a prevent defense.

The fact of the matter is that a Senior QB, whose natural talent everyone has lauded over, who has a year under his belt as a starter and is in his fourth year in the program, looks totally unimproved from last year.

That doesn't make him a bad QB, but it certainly makes him average, and it certainly means that he has not shown anyone any reason why he should be considered a top 4 QB in the league.

This past week was an excellent example of what Phil Steele, myself and several others have seen and foresaw. You can spout off statistics, you can talk about all the tools, how he can make the throws. Some of you even talk about a game three years ago in which he threw underneath passes against what amounted to a prevent defense. The fact of the matter is that a Senior QB, whose natural talent everyone has lauded over, who has a year under his belt as a starter and is in his fourth year in the program, looks totally unimproved from last year. That doesn't make him a bad QB, but it certainly makes him average, and it certainly means that he has not shown anyone any reason why he should be considered a top 4 QB in the league.

Bump after 1 game? C'mon man!

This past week was an excellent example of what Phil Steele, myself and several others have seen and foresaw. You can spout off statistics, you can talk about all the tools, how he can make the throws. Some of you even talk about a game three years ago in which he threw underneath passes against what amounted to a prevent defense. The fact of the matter is that a Senior QB, whose natural talent everyone has lauded over, who has a year under his belt as a starter and is in his fourth year in the program, looks totally unimproved from last year. That doesn't make him a bad QB, but it certainly makes him average, and it certainly means that he has not shown anyone any reason why he should be considered a top 4 QB in the league.
Bump after 1 game? C'mon man!

Too funny. Let me go back and see if I can find a thread I posted in about how crappy our QB is. Well done!

Latest posts