Phil Steele's "dis" on Vandy - no all-conf

I would rather not be in the best QB's in the Big Ten. Its just another thing for him to live up to. His numbers are mediocre and didn't pull any big wins out. I don't see much changing with him this year. He didn't turn it over much but struggles moving the ball at different times of the game. I'd love to be wrong and see him light it up this year.

Iowa has been better at putting players into the league then they have been winning football games. My point for the slower group is what is the difference between jvb and rudock this year one win ? Two wins ? What is the result the next three years if rudock plays this year

For **** sake not again. This is big boy football. Every win counts. This isn't NCAA Dynasty mode where you tank a year on purpose playing your new recruits to boost thier development a point or two for your big title run in two years.

Sofa king we todd did.

Iowa has been better at putting players into the league then they have been winning football games. My point for the slower group is what is the difference between jvb and rudock this year one win ? Two wins ? What is the result the next three years if rudock plays this year

This is TURRIBLE thinking. TURRIBLE.

Something else that set's JVB apart from these guy. He will be the only one drafted at QB next year.

+1 and I usually do not agree with duff. Everyone here seems to leve them some Ricky Stanzi, but if he were given last years defense how do you think his overall record would have looked? Also, Vandy isn't exactly completely immoble he picked up many first downs with his legs. He is the best returing Qb in the B1G hands down. No he isn't as exciting to watch as the other 3 but they cannot throw the ball to save their lives which is what Qb's do. I full expect Davis to tailor the gameplan to match VDB's skills, now what the defense does is not on him. He will be drafted, if Stanzi the interception machine made it surely VDB will.

What's the uproar over JVB not making this list? He's on the worst team with the least talent of the 4 picked. Robinson, Miller, Martinez and Scheelhaase all have something JVB doesn't...running ability. Dual threats > pro style in college football. Not saying JVB isn't good but all those guys can make big plays on their feet as well have more talent around them to throw to. I'm not surprised by this one bit. Hope JVB has this list in his locker.

Well I am to the point I guess I don’t care if he is or isn’t in the top 4 preseason. But really if he isn’t then the Big 10 is way better than most of us think and/or Iowa is in major trouble. Odd considering we seem to recruit better and better. As for the emblazoned above….there is no guarantee Scheelhasse will start, and they lost a terrifc WR and Rber and maybe even a TE. Michigan lost a Rber I think and some WR’s and Stonum is far from a sure thing, and Miller at tOSU isn’t necessarily guaranteed anything other than tOSU recruits….

Also Nebbie doesn’t have a stable of great WR or TE either so Id enjoy hearing what you see, that maybe I’m missing….?!?!?

Vandy had 3100 yards, 27 td passes with 5 interceptions,and he does not make the top four?

What is Braxton Millers record as a starter,if we are going by w/l records?
The Nate Scheelhasse that has led Illinois to 7 straight losses coming into this year?

Vandy is going to shock Phil Steele,I guess. If the Big Ten turns into a running QB league,as this indicates, they will get waxed in the postseason. This is the era of the pass,in case Phil had not noticed.

Honestly i think compared to the four guys listed its a bad job outta steele. Though i do share the sentiments of several others in the thread that him not being in there wouldn't look so bad if not who was in the list. I think we all agree JVB has proved nothing really except that he is a highly talented, inconsistent QB so far as a hawk. I think the bigger dis honestly is James Ferentz being 3rd team. I have a hard time believing that there are two centers better than him in the country let alone the big ten. I also find it hard pressed to think there's 10 offensive lineman in the big ten better than him. Some peoples needs to bes watchin the bowl game over again. He was our best olineman last year.

I think Rudock should be starting ahead of JVB because the backup is always the best QB on the team and he's probably just being held back by the staff...not to mention, I already know how hot JVB's mom is and I can't wait another year to see what Jake's mom brings to the table...

James being 3rd was a surprise to me, but I don't know anything about the two in front of him so I didn't complain.

Honestly i think compared to the four guys listed its a bad job outta steele. Though i do share the sentiments of several others in the thread that him not being in there wouldn't look so bad if not who was in the list. I think we all agree JVB has proved nothing really except that he is a highly talented, inconsistent QB so far as a hawk. I think the bigger dis honestly is James Ferentz being 3rd team. I have a hard time believing that there are two centers better than him in the country let alone the big ten. I also find it hard pressed to think there's 10 offensive lineman in the big ten better than him. Some peoples needs to bes watchin the bowl game over again. He was our best olineman last year.

Agree 100% in regard to your comments on JVB and James Ferentz. If JVB can become consistent against the above avg defenses in the Big then he'll have a chance of making top 3 post season list.
Was somewhat surprised to see K. Davis on 1st team.......hopefully he can step up big time this year or else it could be a very long year for JVB.

Wait...Davis is on the 1st team and JVB isn't even mentioned? Who's going to throw him the ball to get him on the 1st team? Scheelhaase???

I think Rudock should be starting ahead of JVB because the backup is always the best QB on the team and he's probably just being held back by the staff...not to mention, I already know how hot JVB's mom is and I can't wait another year to see what Jake's mom brings to the table...

:D

Wait...Davis is on the 1st team and JVB isn't even mentioned? Who's going to throw him the ball to get him on the 1st team? Scheelhaase???

Yeah, very odd....and yet we have those who say we dont have the targets the other teams have......?!?!?!

Not too sure about that. Cotton and Reed are pretty good and the wr's are quick and dangerous.

Sure they are decent TE’s…. that caught a total of 29 balls, for 350 yds and 1 TD. I wouldn’t call that better than ours. In fact I’d be shocked if they are close to our TE’s. Their Wr’s are very underwhelming.

Maybe I have bad memories of monkeyboy Martinez doing a fine impression of Joe Montana and Iowa getting smoked by wide open Nebraska receivers last year.....

I have to say, my god there are some morons on here. JVB numbers put him in the top four hands down. Steelechase...seriously...how good was Illinois at the end of the year. Let me see, McNutt has a career year, best in Iowa history for the most part, Keenan Davis catches 50 and drops 20.

He didn't play well against Penn State, MSU, and Nebraska because they were better TEAMS and we couldn't run the ball against those teams. When your offense is predicated on play action and you can't run the ball...guess what, you are in deep (&*$. But it was all JVB's fault.

My understanding is that Phil Steele got most of his information from the "whiner" wing of the HawkeyeNation message board.

Latest posts