Phil Steele's "dis" on Vandy - no all-conf

keep rubbing it in. remember we had a sasquatch win us the Big 10 in Chandler. Vandenburg is as good if not better than his lunky a$$. Everyone can easily agree the team would be better with a better QB, but vandy is our best choice for even competing this year for the legends.

He still hasnt had his best game yet, which is a good thing to not peak in September!

keep rubbing it in. remember we had a sasquatch win us the Big 10 in Chandler. Vandenburg is as good if not better than his lunky a$$. Everyone can easily agree the team would be better with a better QB, but vandy is our best choice for even competing this year for the legends.

He still hasnt had his best game yet, which is a good thing to not peak in September!

Hey ChrisA, it's the middle of October and the season is nearly half over.

Hey ChrisA, it's the middle of October and the season is nearly half over.

His best game so far this season, statistically, has been the Central Michigan game. Weisman ran for 217 and 3 tds, and we still lost it.

Tough to make an argument that Vanderrrrrberrrrg bives us the best chance to win.

There have been less talented QB's at Iowa in the past 32 years but I would argue not less effective ones. As a game manager, we've had better, and the fact that our offensive output is so offensive with 6 sacks in 6 games and a monster running game is outrageous.

I'm not going to second guess the coaching staff and say that Vandy isn't the best, but I am going to say that I can not imagine a player who earned a scholarship from a B1G school being any worse. I don't know if its possible.

He can't faciliate a simple pass, and has the field vision of Ray Charles.

He is also on pace to have a stunningly horrible statistical season, because reading back through 7 pages of this crap, I realize that's all half the people here look at.

There have been less talented QB's at Iowa in the past 32 years but I would argue not less effective ones. As a game manager, we've had better, and the fact that our offensive output is so offensive with 6 sacks in 6 games and a monster running game is outrageous.

I'm not going to second guess the coaching staff and say that Vandy isn't the best, but I am going to say that I can not imagine a player who earned a scholarship from a B1G school being any worse. I don't know if its possible.

He can't faciliate a simple pass, and has the field vision of Ray Charles.

He is also on pace to have a stunningly horrible statistical season, because reading back through 7 pages of this crap, I realize that's all half the people here look at.

Unbelievable. But at least you eat locally-raised organic meat...

Maybe my memory is fuzzy but I didn't mind Chandler. It was always kind of funny watching DE try and sack him and just kind of fall off, he had a great knack for taking off on the run when he needed too, and he made throws I think Vandy would be to conservative to take.

I think that season was great because we had some other amazing players to focus on... namely Bob Sanders, Kaeding, Freddie Russell, and the defense as a whole were amazing to watch.

JVB has a couple of things going for him. His size. He is the size that a pocket passer needs to be. He can make some good passes. The long pass he dropped into Keenan (?) was a top caliber pass. However, he misses too many easy throws. The back pass to the left that was almost a turnover is one of many examples in Saturday's game. Easy pass, threw too high. This year his negatives outweigh his positives by a long shot. He is playing more like a ungifted freshman rather than a fifth year senior.

Another thing about the all conference teams this year. This is a very down year in the B1G. How many of these guys would have had the stats to make the list a few years ago?

Don't ever compare Vandy to Chandler. Chandler wasn't afraid of contact and knew how to manage a team. Vandenberg is a loser(on the field) in every sense while Nathan was a winner. Vandy should be benched because he gives us very little chance at winning. Vandy seems like a good guy but he has lost all confidence and is likely not going to get it back.

Last edited:
Don't ever compare Vandy to Chandler. Chandler wasn't afraid of contact and knew how to manage a team. Vandenberg is a loser(on the field) in every sense while Nathan was a winner. Vandy should be benched because he gives us very little chance at winning. Vandy seems like a good guy but he has lost all confidence and is likely not going to get it back.

Nathan Chandler pulled off the trifecta his senior year.....Beat ISU, Beat Michigan, Won a January bowl game. Ricky Stanzi is the only other QB that can claim that distinction.

Nathan Chandler pulled off the trifecta his senior year.....Beat ISU, Beat Michigan, Won a January bowl game. Ricky Stanzi is the only other QB that can claim that distinction.

Vandy will have his own trifecta for others to chase. Lose to ISU at home, lose to Central Michigan at home, not make a bowl game. Eat your heart out Nathan Chandler!

Latest posts