Petras injury

Nice try. You are leaving out some important background. Petras was very limited in practice all week, but he and his coaches decided to give him a shot.
In warm ups, KF observed that Petras did not have his usual speed on the ball. He let him start, but took him out when they saw he was unable to deliver his passes with the speed and precision he typically has. The “ineffective “ was due to his injury. You apparently assumed that term meant Petras was being benched for poor play. KF was saying he was ineffective due to his injury.
So, Bull Shit stands.
Never put Petras and precision in the same sentence again.

There is an unknown upside to playing Padilla that I can see. We have a known entity in our starter. Wanna have a shot at getting better, going farther?? I know the path I would select.

I think the biggest benefit it has is simply there is very little film out there for other teams to plan around. So in saying that I guess the question is since per report he's getting the start because Petras is injured, do we game plan like he's in there because Petras can't, or do we open up the playbook and really see what we can do.

I wonder if having Padilla back there gives a boost to OL. They know he can run and scramble a bit better than Petras. I would love to see a few plays with his feet. QB draw, scramble for a first down. That kind of stuff. Sometimes just a new voice in the huddle can inspire a better performance.

I seem to remember beathard being run out there with half a leg for most of his season.

What QB throws with his leg, cmon Lazyhawkfan. Just kidding but it was true that Beathard had that muscle tear or sports hernia. He could play, he wasnt as fast or mobile, but he still had that really accurate, strong arm and a very good qb head on his shoulder.

Beathard was on the sidelines this past Sunday to greet the defense and offense as the Jags had a big win. Bethard is doing well in the pros.

There is an unknown upside to playing Padilla that I can see. We have a known entity in our starter. Wanna have a shot at getting better, going farther?? I know the path I would select.

One thing I thought that was really good with Padilla is he came out on his first couple of drives and was already in tune with his receivers and ready to play well. Petras almost always starts slow. So if Padilla can come out slinging during the first drive and get some points on the board that will be an improvement.

I think and have said that Petras is an above avg qb for Iowa, not a very good or excellent qb but not even average either. But I have also asked on this forum why people think Petras gets off to such slow starts in the 1st qtr as I cant remember him having a very good 1st qtr except in last years's 2020 game with jNW where the hawks did well at first on offense then Petras got worse.

What QB throws with his leg, cmon Lazyhawkfan. Just kidding but it was true that Beathard had that muscle tear or sports hernia. He could play, he wasnt as fast or mobile, but he still had that really accurate, strong arm and a very good qb head on his shoulder.

Beathard was on the sidelines this past Sunday to greet the defense and offense as the Jags had a big win. Bethard is doing well in the pros.
My point being that kirk has played injured players, so the holding players out for their own health/safety idea doesnt always hold water.

My point being that kirk has played injured players, so the holding players out for their own health/safety idea doesnt always hold water.
Um, the injury is to his throwing shoulder. The kid can't throw with any velocity. I don't think KF has a lot of choice here unless he wants to turn Petras into a wildcat QB.....

Um, the injury is to his throwing shoulder. The kid can't throw with any velocity. I don't think KF has a lot of choice here unless he wants to turn Petras into a wildcat QB.....
Melrose said, "i don't think it's fair to assume the coaches were putting him at risk"

I was just stating that hes played injured players before, using Beathard as an example, thereby showing kirk is willing to put players at risk. No doubt petras couldnt throw, which makes the decision to start him even more baffling. Cant throw and cant evade the rush, definitely put petras at risk of worsening his injury.

Melrose said, "i don't think it's fair to assume the coaches were putting him at risk"

I was just stating that hes played injured players before, using Beathard as an example, thereby showing kirk is willing to put players at risk. No doubt petras couldnt throw, which makes the decision to start him even more baffling. Cant throw and cant evade the rush, definitely put petras at risk of worsening his injury.
I would argue that KF is not putting players at risk. The physicians determine if it is ok for a player to compete. As we know from Petras’ situation it is possible to be medically cleared but not healthy enough to compete at a high level. So, lets stop with the “KF puts players at risk” nonsense.