Peter Jok

I've seen Jok pull some moves that only Marble has pulled so the talent is there. He just has to know when the use what. His defense needs a lot of work but we play a lot of zone anyways and that can hide a lot of deficiencies (even though I still hate zone defense and think it's stupid-face.)

I've seen Jok pull some moves that only Marble has pulled so the talent is there. He just has to know when the use what. His defense needs a lot of work but we play a lot of zone anyways and that can hide a lot of deficiencies (even though I still hate zone defense and think it's stupid-face.)

agreed..I've seen a first step that I didn't think he'd get...and he is a better shooter than Marble...he'll get there. Next year will be a big year for him to grow.

I just keep reminding that although Cole played his junior season following the knee surgery it wasn't really until his senior or 2nd year afterwards that he truly regained his explosiveness. I am happy to see him on the team and fully expect a noticeable change from a pure physical standpoint between now and next year (barring any physical setbacks). The hawks have had tremendous leadership over the past couple of years within the weight room and it is going to continue to bear fruit.

agreed..I've seen a first step that I didn't think he'd get...and he is a better shooter than Marble...he'll get there. Next year will be a big year for him to grow.

When he develops a little more, watch out. Defenders will have to pick which they want to stop, the 3 ball or the quick first step drive that you mentioned. Any quickness/explosiveness that he gets back after his knee injury in high school is an added plus, since it was uncertain how much of that would come back.

Better shooter clearly at this stage than Marble was but he's not as gifted athletically and his lateral quickness isn't as good. He's always going to be a spot up shooter at Iowa. Nothing wrong with that but fans thinking he is a go to scorer in the future will be discouraged.

Bump.

I completely disagree, he is going to be a go to guy in the future. He has as all the tools; nice flash of what he is capable of doing tonight in some extended minutes.

Bump.

I completely disagree, he is going to be a go to guy in the future. He has as all the tools; nice flash of what he is capable of doing tonight in some extended minutes.

yeah, way too early to tell what he's capable of. bright future, for sure.

Peter buckets is the future. Off to a terrific start and will only get better from here.
Future All B1G performer as far as I'm concerned.

Bump.

I didn't expect him to be able to drive like he did tonight. If he can do that, then his long range shooting will open up.

yeah, way too early to tell what he's capable of. bright future, for sure.

Two things I love, he can shoot and isn't afraid to shoot.

Jok appears to be in total control when he has the ball at all times and really looks like he plays with purpose, most of the time that purpose is to shoot, but hey, I have no issues with that.

The hesitation move he put on that Drake guy in the second half was just wrong and then the next play down the floor, shot fake and the alley with the oop to White.

This team needs Peter Jok. There will be games when Marble struggles. When he does, I bet we see Jok get a look early to see if he gets hot. Some games we won't see him much at all. But he will have a few games this year where he starts to show why Iowa got very lucky to land Peter Jok.

This team needs Peter Jok. There will be games when Marble struggles. When he does, I bet we see Jok get a look early to see if he gets hot. Some games we won't see him much at all. But he will have a few games this year where he starts to show why Iowa got very lucky to land Peter Jok.

I like me some Pete:)

Bad that Oges got hurt but Jok's development is better because of it.

Hope Oglesby takes the RS, honestly, I was thinking about this the other day, where will he fit in the rotation. If he has a brain in his head he will want to RS and then have two years left with a good ball club.

We need Jok to step up into Marbles role next season. It was nice to see him step up tonight and hit some big shots.

Better shooter clearly at this stage than Marble was but he's not as gifted athletically and his lateral quickness isn't as good. He's always going to be a spot up shooter at Iowa. Nothing wrong with that but fans thinking he is a go to scorer in the future will be discouraged.

I disagree on nearly every statement.

I disagree on nearly every statement.

I agree. Jok has skills. Unlike Roy, he can play with either hand. His movement seems to get better every game. Coaching & experience will help Peter significantly. We need him to get a lot this season, as he will be in Marble's shoes next year...and hopefully side-by-side some of this year.

I said it when he committed and I will say it again, Peter is the best prospect Iowa has had in a long, long time. I wasn't sure who would have been better but Jon pointed out Tyler Smith, which is not a bad name to be mentioned with. The kid can do it all. It's only a matter of how long it takes him to truly get his leg strength back up and more importantly, his confidence in that knee. Once that clicks for Peter, look out.

He showed some impressive stuff tonight. Definitely has an interesting way of doing things, dont know if ive seen anything quite like it.

Good to see him scoring in the lane.

Oglesby's injury certainly has meant an opportunity for Pete. But Josh is a much better defender and he is a good shooter who had a bad season, which I have shown repeatedly how that happens.

Iowa is going to need Oglesby this year. Unless there is fear of further injury and an entire lost year, you take him for the Big Ten portion of the season..he will not have that tread on the tires. Sports is most always about now, and for the Iowa basketball program, it needs this year to be all it can be for a recruiting beacon for the future.

Latest posts