peter jok to date stats

Or else what? If Fran gets us back to making the NCAA tournament more often than not, he's not going to be fired for not going to the elite eight. Hell, Davis only got past the second round once in his last decade here.

Actually Tom Davis took us to the sweet 16 his last year with a bunch of little white guys from Iowa. So I guess you are wrong.

This kind of thinking gets coaches fired actually, it is funny how some people casually believe it is easy to make a tourney run. If anything, it is more difficult today than ever with the requirement of all the kids to attend college for a year, plus with the way the mid-major teams are just plain good today.

I think Michigan is a Final Four team, but they could easily lose every game after the first round just as easy as winning them, especially if they become a No. 1 seed. Any other seed and they could lose any game including that first round game.

His "ceiling" what a joke.

Agree with this wholeheartedly, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jok does get redshirted his freshman year, get some training from a professional staff all year around and just make himself a better player.

The role I would like to see him play is like Vinne Johnson with the Pistons when they were really good. Their starters didn't always score a ton of points, but guys like Johnson off the bench game them that scoring punch if they needed it early in a game, or just when they wanted to try and extend a lead.

Agreed. There is way to much randomness involved in the tournament to use it as an indicator of a coach's or program's ceiling.

Jok put up 30 points in a 66-58 Valley win over Urbandale tonight. Valley was down by double digits with 5 minutes left when they moved Jok to point guard and he dominated the game from there.

Jok put up 30 points in a 66-58 Valley win over Urbandale tonight. Valley was down by double digits with 5 minutes left when they moved Jok to point guard and he dominated the game from there.

A closer is what Iowa really needs.

A far cry from Tuesday when I went to watch him play at Waukee where he scored 15, 6 of which were FTs to ice the game, and did mostly nothing.

I would have to agree with you Jack. Listening to the game on the radio makes me need to get out & watch one of his games! The guy just takes over, when needed. I love how he plays point forward sometimes. Triple teamed? No problem. Just give him the ball to begin with & let him take it up the floor & score. Listening to the game, I thought Valley was toast. Then they gave the ball to Jok.... I like what I have seen in his videos. Being able to take it left or right handed is huge for a guy his size.

I would have to agree with you Jack. Listening to the game on the radio makes me need to get out & watch one of his games! The guy just takes over, when needed. I love how he plays point forward sometimes. Triple teamed? No problem. Just give him the ball to begin with & let him take it up the floor & score. Listening to the game, I thought Valley was toast. Then they gave the ball to Jok.... I like what I have seen in his videos. Being able to take it left or right handed is huge for a guy his size.

The thing most that don't watch don't understand with Pete is that he's very unselfish on the floor, he's not out there jacking up shots and saying look at me. He trys very much to get him team mates involved, sometimes to the point where coaches have to actually get on him and just say "do it". He has been this way going way back to 7th-8th grade. When completely healthy and driven, he can take games over.

The thing most that don't watch don't understand with Pete is that he's very unselfish on the floor, he's not out there jacking up shots and saying look at me. He trys very much to get him team mates involved, sometimes to the point where coaches have to actually get on him and just say "do it". He has been this way going way back to 7th-8th grade. When completely healthy and driven, he can take games over.

These types of players are what you need to win in College basketball. If he ever regains his form from injury Iowa has a steal. If not, it sounds like Iowa has a guy willing to make an extra pass for a better shot if he has a decent shot. Iowa needs players that are efficient and if Jok can bring that to Iowa, a high efficiency player when he is in the game, it will go a long way.

These are the numbers a legit B10 scorer should be putting up in high school. I'm looking forward to seeing Jok next year, he will have a chance to contribute from day one.

Guess you went to the wrong game...:p

He definitely saw the wrong game. I have seen jok 3 times this yr (2 in person and 1 on tv) and he has looked solid everytime. He let's the game come to him and is very smooth. He takes over when he has to (similar to what barnes did in hs). He will definitely have an impact next yr and will be a big part of the team by his soph yr if not before.

A far cry from Tuesday when I went to watch him play at Waukee where he scored 15, 6 of which were FTs to ice the game, and did mostly nothing.

Wait, he made pressure free throws down the stretch to ice the game? We really could have used someone like that several times this season.

Latest posts