peter jok to date stats

Per an Andy Garman tweet, Jok scored 41 tonight as Valley beat Urbandale in OT 61-56. He had 28 at the end of regulation.

Wait... is Pete's release quick enough? Should have had 51.

Jok has no dribble drive game.. should have had 61.

Peezy J can't play defense... not quick enough, no first step and no lateral quickness.

How many rebounds did Sir Peter Jok collect... what about steals?

Not sure if Peter Jok can play D 1 BB at this time...

Yes...I believe that stroke translates to the college game. As long as he can move without the ball and find some separation...he's going to pull defenses out and our inside game will benefit. Great recruiting coup Fran.

to be honest I am of the optimistic hope that jok will start at the 2 as a soph and move gesell back to full time pg and clemmons will become the six man. Just think:

1 - gesell
2 - jok
3 - uthoff
4 - white
5 - woodbury

6th man - clemmons

Can put jok at the 3 some and play 2 pgs like now. Can put uthoff at the 4 and really have athletic shooters on the court.

Next yr could be nice but I see jok's soph yr being really special.

For the team,next year is the year,with Devyn,Zach and Mel as experienced seniors. That is also a year when a number of great players will have just exited the Big Ten,like Zeller,Burke,Mbakwe,RodWilliams,Hulls,Watford,Olidipo,Nix,Payne,Thomas, ect....I think the underclassmen will go pro,which will give Iowa a real shot at winning the Big Ten...hopefully. Jok could be a key element in that with his outside shooting.

For the team,next year is the year,with Devyn,Zach and Mel as experienced seniors. That is also a year when a number of great players will have just exited the Big Ten,like Zeller,Burke,Mbakwe,RodWilliams,Hulls,Watford,Olidipo,Nix,Payne,Thomas, ect....I think the underclassmen will go pro,which will give Iowa a real shot at winning the Big Ten...hopefully. Jok could be a key element in that with his outside shooting.

I agree with Foval. Next year is the year to get 20+ wins and maybe a win or two in the tourney...but two years from now is our best chance to make some actual noise. Once again, and sorry for the repetition, Foval:

PG: Gesell (JR), Clemmons (JR)
SG: Jok (SO), Oglesby (SR), Ingram (JR)
SF: Uthoff (JR),
PF: White (SR), Meyer (SO)
C: Woodbury (JR), Olaseni (SR)

...and this is not counting the 3 freshmen who will be joining us this season (could be Milik Yarborough, Jordan Barnett, Tyler Ulis, Peyton Allen, Reed Tellinghuisen, etc.). This is the year we put up or shut up.

I agree with Foval. Next year is the year to get 20+ wins and maybe a win or two in the tourney...but two years from now is our best chance to make some actual noise. Once again, and sorry for the repetition, Foval:

...and this is not counting the 3 freshmen who will be joining us this season (could be Milik Yarborough, Jordan Barnett, Tyler Ulis, Peyton Allen, Reed Tellinghuisen, etc.). This is the year we put up or shut up.

Very true and I think it is important to get in a good young big man to take Woody's spot for the following year because I think that his junior year will be his last year at Iowa.

That will be a killer line-up and great depth.

I prefer to stay in the moment.. beat Wisky tonight and upset Ohio State on the road next week.

Finish above .500 in the Big Tn and win a game or two in the Big Ten Tourney.

Easily make the Big Dance... 7 seed and win one or two in March Madness.

It is going to be difficult to put Clemmons on the bench. I like Gesell at the 2 with Clemmons running the PG. Will take someone really good to change that.

He was 9/9 at the line again and is shooting over 92% for the year on almost 7 attempts per game. If he can get those attempts in college and continue to be almost automatic, that's HUGE. Get the ball in his hands when protecting the lead at the end and watch him drain shot after shot. Dare I say he is Alfordesque from the line?

It is going to be difficult to put Clemmons on the bench. I like Gesell at the 2 with Clemmons running the PG. Will take someone really good to change that.

I think it will all come down to how quickly Jok can learn how to defend. This team desperately needs a threat on the outside, if Jok can establish that he can make shots on the perimeter it will open up a lot in the paint for White, Woodbury, and Co.

For anyone interested is watching a replay of last night's Valley-Dowling game, it will be aired on Mediacom 22 at 7 PM tonight.

I think it will all come down to how quickly Jok can learn how to defend. This team desperately needs a threat on the outside, if Jok can establish that he can make shots on the perimeter it will open up a lot in the paint for White, Woodbury, and Co.

Here is what I see happening, could be wrong and that is okay...I just am not sure Fran breaks up the Clemmons/Gesell backcourt, they both have shown they need to be on the floor.

This is when Clemmons/Gesell are Jr's.

PG: Clemmons/Freshman (pick one, people seem to favor Ulis)
SG: Gesell/Ingram/Oglesby/Freshman
SF: Uthoff/Jok/Freshman
PF: White/Meyer
C: Woodbury/Olaseni

Uthoff will be able to play the 4 if Iowa wants to go small and Jok can play the 2 if Iowa wants to go big. Iowa also might recruit a big man as well instead of a 2-man, frontcourt depth may be an issue at that point.

I think Iowa has the makings of having a very special backcourt as Clemmons has shown so much improvement throughout the season and Gesell can just flat out play, if he would take more mid-range shots, he could average 12 pts or more a game. 3-pt shooting should improve with them as well, each has a nice shot and have shown the ability to hit in bunches, just not consistently, yet.

i'm super stoked to see how well Pete has been lighting it up, but still doubt he can make it to the hoop at the B10 level. that really takes a lot. once again though, i'm really excited for the future.

Latest posts